Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AutoRacer5

Pumpdoc

Bruce has passed on this morning from ALS (Lou Gherig's disease) in California.

I had the privilege of posting with him on this board for the years I was active here and I hope we can honor him in some way.

Cheers.

-Chris

I hope everyone knows that when people on this forum praise me about being mature for my age or having a good head on my shoulders, they're really praising Bruce for how he handled me when I first joined this forum.

He gave me the ***-whooping that I had been earning for years, and from him, I learned a lot about respect, about not taking myself too seriously, and about growing up into someone with a good character, and to this day I still strive to meet those expectations he had for me. I'm glad I had my conflicts with Bruce; he was exactly the type of person I'd never had in my life, and really needed, to make me lose the attitude I had. There are things in my life, outside of this forum, that have been so rewarding, that happened because of who I became and therefore could not have happened as they did had I not had the experiences I had with Bruce.

Once, when I returned to the forum after an immature outburst, I had a PM from him, asking me what size diapers I wear, and realizing just how much of a typical 13-year-old I was being about something so silly, I told him to send me "snug, I'll grow into them." From there, Bruce and I started to have some good-natured banter with each other. I really respected and admired him as a man. I hope he knew how much credit he deserved for making this "jackwagon" into someone.

I am honored to have grown up around people I never would have met in school, people with experience, people with maturity, people with heart, people with character. And I don't need to tell any of you how Bruce was one of those people.

He was a bad*** and a good guy. You can't ask for much more than being able to know, even if only for a brief moment, someone like that, and I wish those close to him all the best.

[...]

No perdono a la muerte enamorada,

no perdono a la vida desatenta,

no perdono a la tierra ni a la nada.

[...]

A las aladas almas de las rosas

del almendro de nata te requiero,

que tenemos que hablar de muchas cosas,

compañero del alma, compañero.

Devastated! He was an all round great guy, f1 fan and good friend on these forums and I have enjoyed many discussions with him over the years since 2004! He will be very sorely missed!

RIP Bruce

It's never really been the same around here since he was forced to stop participating through his illness. My love and respect, man.

I'm sorry to hear about this. He was for the most part before my time on these boards, but he sounds like a great guy. Thoughts go to his family and friends.

You've all said it well: a first-rate, knowledgeable gent who - as you say, Jay - has finally stopped suffering. We should take a quiet moment in our own way to show our respect and appreciation for the man.

When I saw the title of this thread I feared the worst, it is amazing the way he took this hard time with humor, it's really sad to to hear about this although we knew this could happen, I just hope he is in a better place right now.

I saw the message left by his daughter Lisa on facebook.

Don't know what to say really. I had the privilege of meeting Mr Day. All I know right now is we who knew him were and are blessed. We've lost a friend, a mentor and the world has lost one of the most genuine, inspiring, caring, wickedly fun, honest, brave and courageous men it has ever bore.

I'm not a believer in religion. But if there is a heaven then Bruce will be there, raising a little hell. And if there is a God, he'll be joining him!

Love you always Bruiser.

UK Bru's Cru xxx

Very sad news. I've missed not being able to talk to Bruce lately, ever since his illness made it harder for him to spend time with us online. There were lots of things I would've liked to ask him, so I feel most sad about that. He was young, too, for this to happen. Nice to see I'm far from the only one who remembers him fondly.

Soon after I joined the forum he sent me a PM telling me to behave. He should have rightly banned me straight away.

He was really appreciated by TF1 members and I'm sure it's a big loss for his best friends and family.

R.I.P.

There are certain people in life you may never meet, but you always wish you could. Bruce was one of those people.

I wish he didn't have any illness and was still with us, but I am glad he is suffering no more. Condolences to to his family and friends.

RIP, Sir.

After getting a little hot on another thread, I was intending to spend some time away from the forum.

Then I saw this thread and felt I needed to add my own condolences.

I joined as SuperKimi in '07. I was crazy, and I can see how a lot of what I said at the time would have been good reason for me to be banned from this place. I don't recall any particular incident that well, but I know that the rare things he did say to me were for my own good, and the forum's own good too. Despite my craziness, there was never any bad blood. He seemed to understand that I'd made a mistake and from then on nothing more was said of it.

Unlike others I never got to know him that well, which is a genuine regret, but from what everyone has said above and from my own little memories, I can tell he was a good guy.

I guess it is a true show of his legacy and the strength of this community that people from all different countries can still feel genuine sadness about this awful news.

R.I.P

Can't believe I missed this.

Bye bye brilliant Bruce. He loved his Zappa. That was enough for me.

Thanks for posting that.

He was a great help here and a great guy and I am saddened to hear the news.

RIP Bruce.

Havent been around much lately also,

Although i didnt know him well, i wish him a peaceful sleep and glad to hear the suffering is over.

RIP Bruce....

I feel very saddened to come back to this news, but especially to be late. Bruce was a great example, he still is. Sorry, I don't know how to do this, and I feel you guys have said it all already. Rest in peace Bruce, we will miss you.

I have never actually posted much on this forum but I've always read views of a number of great people regarding F1 (every single day)....One of those people was pumpdoc. I'm really sad to hear this news and pray his soul rest in peace. god bless...