Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Argento Reloaded

Positive Or Negative

+ or -  

8 members have voted

1. 1. DRS introduction

• positive
    • negative
  2. 2. Safety Car 2011 rules

• positive
    • negative
  3. 3. Pirelli tyres

• positive
    • negative

I voted for three positives. Why?

DRS: Whilst the "sitting duck" component is perhaps not the fairest thing in the world, the fact that a slower car does not hold up a faster car for an ENTIRE race is good. And if the car in front is able to make himself wide enough, then you get a situation like Hammy and Schuey. But even the sitting ducks, if they are any good, should have the ability to re-pass a lap or two later.

Safety Car rules: Hey, it's just going back to how it was, and to have second place get baulked behind three cars to first place with five laps to go, ruins his chance of catching and winning the race, so a clear out of the race order suits things just fine...so long as they hurry up about it...

Pirelli tyres: Would have been nice to just have the tyres come in for 2011, but we got what we got, and I think towards the end Pirelli got the compounds just right so that tyre use was not as extreme as the early races, but still providing shorter hot spots than Bridgestone ever did.

DRS: Inconsistent. Some races it is too powerful, other races it isn't powerful enough, rare times it is just right. I don't think it is really needed, it makes overtaking too easy, and Monaco (my personal favourite race from last year) was brilliant and that was when DRS wasn't very useful. Seen some brilliant overtakes anyway, such as Webber on Alonso at Eau Rouge, or Vettel around the outside of Rosberg, also at Spa, and Vettel around the outside of Alonso at Monza. It isn't needed.

Safety car rules: Terrible. I don't mind waiting a little longer for the action to resume if it means those at the front can have a chance of battling without being hampered by traffic.

Pirelli tyres: Excellent. Bit disappointed how they became more durable in the second half of the season, hopefully in 2012 we'll see more of the type of thing we saw in the first half of 2011.

Err James, they are returning to the rule where by the cars get back into order of 1, 2, 3 etc....you are describing last years rule of pick up first only.

Err James, they are returning to the rule where by the cars get back into order of 1, 2, 3 etc....you are describing last years rule of pick up first only.

Oh. Didn't know if it was referring to last year or this year. Sorry...

I'm assuming it's for this year.

Though what can we expect from such a infamous thread author...

Which way is it, you loco Argentine, you?

Hey you driving kiwi, what´s up? I´m refering to this year rules, since 2011 are gone and were fine for me (except for the monaco parody!) The correct terms are ....from such a infamous famous, marvellous, smart, awesome, cute, etc. thread authorb:naughty:

DRS negative: overtaking should be left to cars and drivers skills, not Whitting's. They didn't add much, as overtakings were quickly labeled "DRS moves" as opposed to "actual overtaking moves" and only the latter were considered worthy. The increase in overtaking was thus not too exciting for the hardcore fan, and rules about it were way too complicated for the newcomer to grasp. Not worth it.

Safety car rules: no idea about them (i just voted positive to be allowed to vote for the other two) but if they go back to properly ordering the field before the restart then welcome back.

Pirelli tyres: as opposed as I was against them before season started I must say that they did add excitement. But without a proper set of rules to take advantage of them it's just a waste. First time Alguersuari and Perez blitzed through the field with one stop strategies we all were like "WOW!". It soon seemed like "another guy starts from the back on hards, one-stop, carves his way up the field, news at 11". Same with other copypasted strategies all across the field.

DRS negative: overtaking should be left to cars and drivers skills, not Whitting's. They didn't add much, as overtakings were quickly labeled "DRS moves" as opposed to "actual overtaking moves" and only the latter were considered worthy. The increase in overtaking was thus not too exciting for the hardcore fan, and rules about it were way too complicated for the newcomer to grasp. Not worth it.

Safety car rules: no idea about them (i just voted positive to be allowed to vote for the other two) but if they go back to properly ordering the field before the restart then welcome back.

Pirelli tyres: as opposed as I was against them before season started I must say that they did add excitement. But without a proper set of rules to take advantage of them it's just a waste. First time Alguersuari and Perez blitzed through the field with one stop strategies we all were like "WOW!". It soon seemed like "another guy starts from the back on hards, one-stop, carves his way up the field, news at 11". Same with other copypasted strategies all across the field.

Good to see you so positive about literally everything. First class stuff :P