Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BradSpeedMan

Testing Starts!!!

I know it's testing and it means nothing, but I'll put out an offer...any driver who dethrones Sebastian Vettel and Red Bull, and I mean any driver, regardless of whatever I have said about him in the past, will win my blind affection.

Get after it, Kimi. :P

Seriously, Eric, that is really despicable from you, to jump into Kimi's bandwagon.How shallow can you be?

Having said that, and considering my self (IMHO) as the number one Kimi fan I say GO, KIMI, GO MY GOOD BOY!

Hey, look at my nick! "Quiet One"! Who else would I've be paying hommage to if not to the most wonderful, fastest, finniest of all drivers?

:what:

Seriously, Eric, that is really despicable from you, to jump into Kimi's bandwagon.How shallow can you be?

Having said that, and considering my self (IMHO) as the number one Kimi fan I say GO, KIMI, GO MY GOOD BOY!

Hey, look at my nick! "Quiet One"! Who else would I've be paying hommage to if not to the most wonderful, fastest, finniest of all drivers?

:what:

:lol:

I'm not on his bandwagon yet, I only highlighted him as it would be most awkward if he were to win. Not that I've been overly kind to Alonso, Hamilton, Button, Webber, Massa, Rosberg, Schumacher, di Resta, de la Rosa, Kobayashi, Pérez, etc. in the past but it'd be more comfortable. :P

Hey look Brawn Grand Prix are back.

192212.jpg

The Lotus and McLaren look really nice on the track, I must say.

Honestly, I hope we get a competitive season. I do actually want to enjoy F1, I swear. :P

:lol:

I'm not on his bandwagon yet, I only highlighted him as it would be most awkward if he were to win. Not that I've been overly kind to Alonso, Hamilton, Button, Webber, Massa, Rosberg, Schumacher, di Resta, de la Rosa, Kobayashi, Pérez, etc. in the past but it'd be more comfortable. :P

Most awkward? MOST AWKWARD?????? Careful, kiddo (I always wanted to call somebody "kiddo"), you are talking about the living legend, the living demi-god, the...no-so-living liver :blink:

He draw first blood at Jerez. Mwahaha! In your face, non-alcoholic teams!

Ok, seriously, quite an impressive performance, both in terms of lap time and laps completed. Not because it shows anything considering what other cars might do but to display what Kimi as a driver can do after 2 years destroying valuable vehicles in other series.

Most awkward? MOST AWKWARD?????? Careful, kiddo (I always wanted to call somebody "kiddo"), you are talking about the living legend, the living demi-god, the...no-so-living liver :blink:

He draw first blood at Jerez. Mwahaha! In your face, non-alcoholic teams!

Ok, seriously, quite an impressive performance, both in terms of lap time and laps completed. Not because it shows anything considering what other cars might do but to display what Kimi as a driver can do after 2 years destroying valuable vehicles in other series.

You're slowly becoming a Kimi fan but I feel you're resisting with too much reason. Your transformation will be complete if you say these words slowly. I am a fan of the worlds greatest driver... Kimi Matias Raikkonnen

di Resta second! This clearly means he is one of the best drivers ever! He was only one tenth away from a former champion!!! It's the 2006 Formula Three Euro Series all over again, eat that Vettel!

No doubt there will be more BBC generated hype surrounding di Resta again. Even when Hulkenberg beats him. :P

F1 pre-season testing is like four play, you get all excited but still don't know how the main event is going to be like.

I'd say it's more like all my relationships: it doesn't matter if they want to go fast or taking things slow, they are all faking it anyways.

F1 pre-season testing is like four play, you get all excited but still don't know how the main event is going to be like.

Ohhh foreplay! Must explain why I've been walking with a limp all day! ;-)

I'm happy to see Raikkonen back on top of a session in F1. Okay, it's a meaningless session, as he said himself, but it's still good to see.

Other than that, as everybody said, it's too early to draw any conclusions from the times. The best idea is to look at/read comments about how well the cars handle through the curves...

I'd say it's more like all my relationships: it doesn't matter if they want to go fast or taking things slow, they are all faking it anyways.

well played sir, well played.

well played sir, well played.

It's gonna be interesting to see what Ferrari's pace is today. A fast car is a fast car. RBR shows glimpses of it, the 300 k/ph over the speed trap at the first straight showed glimpses that MW and machine have time to find. Force India lived up to the expert's view that it was the best package aerodynamically before RB8 was launched.

Today will be very interesting...

HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!

09:10 Button is now back in the pits. Interestingly, he set the fastest trap speed anyone has yet recorded in sector three.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

RBR is flying at the mo at the hands of Webber. They're trading fastest laptimes, Webber and whitshisname Ricciardo...

Yep, the RB8 is FAST

10:14 Webber sets the quickest time of the day so far, a 1m19.459s

10:14 That puts him 0.8s clear of Ricciardo, and is 0.2s ahead of Raikkonen's Tuesday benchmark.

10:14 The Red Bull RB8 is stretching its legs.

10:17 Another 1m19s from Webber - this time a 1m19.769s. The Red Bull is looking nailed to the circuit.

Raikkonon had an off-excursion

10:16 Raikkonen gravel aftermath update from @Lotus_F1Team: "As we have the E20 in the garage, we've decided to change the steering rack at the same time.

Might have been a qualifying run

10:18 After that quick spurt, Webber ducks back into the pits. Job done.

10:32 Webber is really cranking it up - he lowers today's top time to a 1m19.184s.

10:32 Red Bull has the RB8 dialled in, it seems.

10:32 The champion team and its revitalised Aussie are now 1.1s clear of the pack.

10:32 That's a storming time in sector 1 from Webber, the only driver under 19s there.

10:33 And of course another blinding sector two time, almost two tenths faster than his previous best.

Hoping for that domination, hoping for it...

either that or hoping for Kimi to really suprise this year :D

The Iceman is BACK!!!!

10:51 While Raikkonen gets straight down to business with a 1m19.605s.

10:51 Ricciardo closes on Webber at the front with a 1m19.667s.

What is RB breeding here??? a team to follow them 2nd in the constructers????? Too early to tell of course

Webber going out agin.... Will we see a 1m18s time?

10:55 New personal best for Massa, who gets down to a 1m21.060s.

10:56 Doesn't seem to be one particular area where Ferrari is struggling for speed, the car has a consistent deficit in all three sectors. But it is of course early days.

10:57 We were all looking at Webber, but Schumacher just went to the top.

10:57 The Mercedes - a 2011 car, remember - just lapped in 1m18.622s.

11:10 Schumacher - a new fastest lap in 1m18.561s.

11:12 Another low 1m19s for Schumacher, relentless stuff.

Button only 18 laps,must be doing checks again. I hope it balances for his and Hammy's sake

A lot of wind tunnel calibration checks for Ferrari perhaps? Or checking their new pull rod front suspension? Poor Massa doing all the leg work, surprised they didn't put Alonso in, he can gain 6 tenths from a car! :-D

A lot of wind tunnel calibration checks for Ferrari perhaps? Or checking their new pull rod front suspension? Poor Massa doing all the leg work, surprised they didn't put Alonso in, he can gain 6 tenths from a car! :-D

well,they've been going backwards since he arrived. So much for being THE development driver

Button back and improving a little on his time...I think they're doing heavy fuel loads. Massa down in 7

------------------------------------------------------------------------

11:26 Button dives into the pits after a four-lap run.

11:27 He started that stint with a 1m20.6s, slowed to 1m26s while AUTOSPORT Live was reminiscing about UK local newspapers, then got back down to 1m21.3s and 1m21.6s.

Not to bad, not to bad...I tell you what, everyones been saying what a competitive year this could be... it looks like we're in for a real cracker, ugly cars or not!!!...

unless that RBR just runs away at the front, it will be inetersting for the 2nd places hehe...

13:57 That was a 13-lap run that Raikkonen just finished, almost every lap in there solidly in the mid-1m24s. 1m24.392s was his average, he only once rose to a 1m25s, and got down to a best of 1m23.9s on the sixth lap of the run.

Heavy stints at the moment...

14:22 Raikkonen, Ricciardo, di Resta and Button are in the 1m25s region.

14:27 This is what happens when you get six world champions on the grid - there's always one in front of you when you're running lighter in testing...

heheheeheheehehe

Bianchi quicker than di Resta! Oh my word this is definite proof Bianchi is the better driver, get this kid to replace di Resta now!!!!

(Yeah, I'm not taking testing seriously :P)

Bianchi quicker than di Resta! Oh my word this is definite proof Bianchi is the better driver, get this kid to replace di Resta now!!!!

(Yeah, I'm not taking testing seriously :P)

lol

I know it's only the first 2 days of testing, but there's something fishy going on at Ferrari. Are they struggling to unlock the speed of their car...or what? It has'nt shown any fast sector times etc.... We'll see what Alonso does with it...

15:50 Massa does his best time of the week so far.

15:50 It's a 1m20.454s, but he doesn't improve on his current seventh place.

15:50 And as @InsideFerrari immediately says "the stopwatch means nothing today."

15:51 Took Massa 86 laps today to get to that time.

I might be very wrong, but two days of testing and you don't do some fast times????

Kimi went off AGAIN.... and these are the thoughts...

15:58 Shall we throw in an obvious reference to how it's an appropriate way for his first test back in F1 after two years on the gravel surfaces of rallying to conclude...?

LOL

FASTEST TIMES

Pos Driver Team Time Laps

1 Schumacher Mercedes 1m18.561s 132

2 Webber Red Bull 1m19.184s +0.623 97

3 Ricciardo Toro Rosso 1m19.587s +1.026 100

4 Bianchi Force India 1m20.221s +1.660 46

5 Raikkonen Lotus 1m20.239s +1.678 117

6 Di Resta Force India 1m20.272s +1.711 69

7 Massa Ferrari 1m20.454s +1.893 95

8 Button McLaren 1m20.688s +2.127 85

9 Perez Sauber 1m20.711s +2.150 68

10 Maldonado Williams 1m21.197s +2.636 97

11 Kovalainen Caterham 1m21.518s +2.957 139

12 De la Rosa HRT 1m22.128s +3.567 64

Lap times means very little, but I bet Mercedes are wishing that lap time had been set with their new car...