Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BradSpeedMan

Testing Starts!!!

Rosberg did a 17 lap stint...Starting from 1:24.7 and ended lapping in 1:28 ... avg time of 1:27.....make up yer own minds...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rosberg is on 78 laps already, hope they can extract proper speed come the next few days...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

further developments...

13:19 Rosberg is still pounding around out there. He's done five laps now and the last four have been in the 1m27s; 1m27.860s, 1m27.484s, 1m27.345s and 1m27.791s. In that order of course.

14:11 Vettel pits for fresh rubber as he exchanges softs for mediums. That was a ten lap run for Vettel then which averaged at 1m29.942s.

14:13 Our roving trackside expert, @eddstrawF1, says that the McLaren is looking very strong down at Turn 1. 'On the power fractionally before Vettel and can be very aggressive on braking and turn in.' Both cars look very good though he reports.

14:17 Interestingly, Hamilton did a nine lap run - compared to Vettel's ten, by the way.

14:17 Less than 0.1s between the pair's average, and both were on softs.

Is it just me or Ferrari don't look good. :wtf:

it was only .5 sec slower at the end of the day, and remember that FI and Sauber were running supersofts. I think Alonso ran that time on softs, so I would'nt despair, still alot of testing to go

Is it just me or Ferrari don't look good. :wtf:

Been wondering the same. Of course they should be sandbagging and blah blah blah, but they were never good actors. For a team that historically liked to boast and brag, they are unusually quiet, and Alonso's usual "optimistic but realistic" comments sound more hollow with each passing day.

They are usually bullies or have this "lost at sea" attitude. Currently the latter seems the norm.It is understandable when you have a new car and very few points of reference, but I still think that there's more concern than cautiouness in their attitude.

Still, nothing is written in stone until we get to Melbourne.

alonso said that they don't know where they are right know and that they are doing their test program. he said that if we look today results ferrari isn't the fastest car neither is slowest. they have been testing many parts seperately , but in next two days they will put together those parts and try to see where they are.

it was only .5 sec slower at the end of the day, and remember that FI and Sauber were running supersofts. I think Alonso ran that time on softs, so I would'nt despair, still alot of testing to go

I didn't have a look at the timesheet but I think they're lost with the new car. They could still change a few things and get a good result in Melbourne, ATM the car seems to be full of gremlins.

McLaren and RedBull are developing a normal testing programme. Problems may arise in Melbourne but the car is an evolution from 2011 designs with some new ideas. Ferrari might gave to take the same path McLaren took last year when they dropped the octopus exhausts and redesigned the car accordingly.

No panic yet but...

Been wondering the same. Of course they should be sandbagging and blah blah blah, but they were never good actors. For a team that historically liked to boast and brag, they are unusually quiet, and Alonso's usual "optimistic but realistic" comments sound more hollow with each passing day.

They are usually bullies or have this "lost at sea" attitude. Currently the latter seems the norm.It is understandable when you have a new car and very few points of reference, but I still think that there's more concern than cautiouness in their attitude.

Still, nothing is written in stone until we get to Melbourne.

That's how I see it too.

I'd write it off as testing but honestly, we're talking about Ferrari. With their management, there's no benefit of the doubt from me. If they look as lost as Massa in a braking zone, I just assume they must be.

On a related note, I've been trying out a new pullrod image editing software. PhotoShop it ain't.

fuNAb.png

Just look at those times!! You can tell absolutely f*ck all!!

Awesome!!

This.

121 laps for Charles Pic: enough money for an F1 ride, but not for a haircut.

c-gp2series-pic-charles.jpg

AS5D4737.jpg

Can this slob, bring back Toronto Bob.

(Do you suppose I might be bitter)?

Wow...he's rockin' the girl-hair. He needs to drive sans helmet.

No panic yet but...

That's how I see it too.

The car has speed, a few days ago we did'nt think so. I'm glad Ferrari did'nt actually "brag and boast", as the teams that have usually done that at the beginning of the year falls flat on the faces, so to me it's a good sign.

"Ferrari’s disappointment has been well chronicled, but this is more disappointment that they are not ahead of Red Bull, as they expected they might be with the dramatic step change in direction they have taken. The signs are that they won’t be challenging for honours at the start of the season, but the car has potential and it’s really a question of whether they can get it working well soon enough to challenge for the championship. Understandably there is some nervousness about that in the team."

jamesallenonf1.com

everyone wants to play the cards close to their chest. there is a reason why the force indias, saubers and torro rossos are topping the chart, cause they are going as fast as they can. Redbull and Mclaren are holding back a second or more from their ultimate pace and focusing heavy loads and long distance pace. Ferrari and Mercedes don't seemed to have caught the big two, and are likely to fight for 3rd position with Lotus looking to spoil their party.

Ferrari keep having issues...is the car SO radical...

@InsideFerrari: It is a long break for a mechanical issue. We hope we can go back on track before the lunch break.

09:57 Not a great sign that on this far into testing, Ferrari is still doing so much baseline aero work

Why go so radical when you know the top2 goes evolutionary?

Ferrari keep having issues...is the car SO radical...

@InsideFerrari: It is a long break for a mechanical issue. We hope we can go back on track before the lunch break.

09:57 Not a great sign that on this far into testing, Ferrari is still doing so much baseline aero work

Why go so radical when you know the top2 goes evolutionary?

Because their car was Sh#t and falling behind. Evolutioning from it would have secured them a fight for 4th place :P They needed to take a risk. Even if this year's car goes down in flames, it was the right decision.

Because their car was Sh#t and falling behind. Evolutioning from it would have secured them a fight for 4th place :P They needed to take a risk. Even if this year's car goes down in flames, it was the right decision.

evolving my dear Andres not evolutionerising. tongue.gif

though that does sound super cool.

as for the sentiment - I agree. evolving from a dog turd gives you a dog turd with opposable thumbs - not what ferrari need.

evolving my dear Andres not evolutionerising. tongue.gif

though that does sound super cool.

as for the sentiment - I agree. evolving from a dog turd gives you a dog turd with opposable thumbs - not what ferrari need.

Sorry :blush: a spanish language deformation

As for the dog turd with opposable thumbs...you know you can simply call him Felipinho, don't you? :what:

evolving from a dog turd gives you a dog turd with opposable thumbs - not what ferrari need.

Have you 2 considered it might take Ferrari 5 years to catch up again at this rate? By that time Alonso's contract will expire, so, rather evolutionary than radical for them :whistling::naughty:

Have you 2 considered it might take Ferrari 5 years to catch up again at this rate? By that time Alonso's contract will expire, so, rather evolutionary than radical for them :whistling::naughty:

The way I see it, a lot has changed since Ferrari were last at the top of their game.

They can go radical or evolve - same end result. They haven't got the design staff to match RB and it looks like they're moving backwards compared to Macca and Lotus too - though we'll see in Melbourne.

At the end of the day they need some better back room boys - money, passion and history will only get you so far.

Sorry :blush: a spanish language deformation

As for the dog turd with opposable thumbs...you know you can simply call him Felipinho, don't you? :what:

uncharitable but funny clap3.gif

We have yet to see Merc doing qualifying runs, probably fom 2morrow onwards, but it's proving quite reliable... at the mo. Schumie on 122 laps so far

15:15 Indicentally, Schumacher's earlier stint stretched to 59 laps - almost a full Barcelona race distance - and featured an average lap time of 1m29.507s.

Remember they won Silverstone GP when the FIA banned off-throttle blowing engine maps which is how engines should work this season.

They needed to take a risk but it seems they've gone a bit too far with the F2012. There won't be fans that accuse them of playing it safe and being conservative, is that what they were looking for? They've got it, now what?

Remember they won Silverstone GP when the FIA banned off-throttle blowing engine maps which is how engines should work this season.

They needed to take a risk but it seems they've gone a bit too far with the F2012. There won't be fans that accuse them of playing it safe and being conservative, is that what they were looking for? They've got it, now what?

correct, and also needed to get the car to work on the harder compound which has been their Achilles heel! It is really that simple! the car looked a diffrent beast on the softs!!!

correct, and also needed to get the car to work on the harder compound which has been their Achilles heel! It is really that simple! the car looked a diffrent beast on the softs!!!

These were my thoughts too. But I also agree with Adam that either way they were going to struggle, they just don't seem to have it any more in terms of top talent. But I think at least the mentality is changing and in that sense, the radical new design was probably the right choice.