Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BradSpeedMan

Testing Starts!!!

Ferrari can still use their reputation to attract people better than their team is (like Alonso).

They ought to take advantage of it before people get wise to the fact they really aren't a super-elite team anymore and haven't been for years.

Clean house. They couldn't fix the car so now they have to fix the people. Replace Felipe, but he's not the problem. Whatever Alonso does is what this team is capable of doing; it's not like Massa should be winning races when Alonso isn't. That doesn't mean he shouldn't be immune to getting canned, of course.

You set the tone to your entire team to pick it up when you make big moves. Fire Domenicali, replace him with someone from outside. Replace Massa with whomever you like to show you're serious. Continue reshuffling the technical staff.

Ferrari are lucky enough that they have their name. They can rebuild. People will always have this dream of working for Scuderia Ferrari and most of them are silly enough to let that guide their decisions. They're not taking advantage of it in a big enough way.

Fire Domenicali, replace him with someone from outside. Replace Massa with whomever you like to show you're serious. Continue reshuffling the technical staff.

Domenicali, he's under some huge pressure, there's talk that if he fails this year, he will be replaced by a guy from China... Eatern philosophy, wonder how it will go, but it will be interesting

Pastor Maldonado's time of 1:22.391 was faster than his 2011 qualifying times of 1:22.854 (Q2) and 1:22.952 (Q3). Done in Q3, it would have been a P6 time. Schumacher was much slower than his Q1 and Q2 times of last year, while Kobayashi was insignificantly quicker. Button was far off his Q2 and Q3 pace. Jean-Éric Vergne was a full 1:24.433 off his qualifying time in 2011.

It's very interesting because you can't, under any circumstances, with any argument, ever even pretend that any of that has any meaning whatsoever given the track conditions, goals of testing versus qualifying, etc. Impress me. Give it meaning. :P

Pastor Maldonado's time of 1:22.391 was faster than his 2011 qualifying times of 1:22.854 (Q2) and 1:22.952 (Q3). Done in Q3, it would have been a P6 time. Schumacher was much slower than his Q1 and Q2 times of last year, while Kobayashi was insignificantly quicker. Button was far off his Q2 and Q3 pace. Jean-Éric Vergne was a full 1:24.433 off his qualifying time in 2011.

It's very interesting because you can't, under any circumstances, with any argument, ever even pretend that any of that has any meaning whatsoever given the track conditions, goals of testing versus qualifying, etc. Impress me. Give it meaning. :P

2012 pirelli's are faster than 2011

It would serve Formula One in general, very well if Ferrari falls back to the fourth or fifth team spot. Then there will be less prancing about by Montzemolo about three car teams, rules, and the like.

It would serve Formula One in general, very well if Ferrari falls back to the fourth or fifth team spot. Then there will be less prancing about by Montzemolo about three car teams, rules, and the like.

FIA to close off throttle mapping loophole...on Renault and Mercedes powered engines.... I guess Ferrari will win after all....

FIA to close off throttle mapping loophole...on Renault and Mercedes powered engines.... I guess Ferrari will win after all....

it isn't that much of advantage, redbull will maybe lose 1 tenth. i think they were using it for easier control of the engine when exiting corners and in the midle of the corners than for downforce gains, car was more balanced.

I read that Renault & Merc engines are *rumored* to have clever engine mapping.

About Merc GP, seems they've a pseudo double diffuser. IIRC, a few days earlier, Ross Brawn had said "rules are never clear". I hope Merc is on the right side of bending the law, and this innovation helps them.

Last year all the teams agreed not to use off-throttle blowing maps, even that the FIA have to make it clear for some teams that didn't understand the message 3 weeks before Melbourne GP.

This is Formula One!

alonso said that they don't know where they are right know and that they are doing their test program. he said that if we look today results ferrari isn't the fastest car neither is slowest. they have been testing many parts seperately , but in next two days they will put together those parts and try to see where they are.

yes mighty caesar you were right, today ferrari looks better

yes mighty caesar you were right, today ferrari looks better

Why are you, migthy Caesar, so sure? Timesheet, rumours, Massa's face maybe? :)

Why are you, migthy Caesar, so sure? Timesheet, rumours, Massa's face maybe? :)

many reports say so, the car isn't the best but it is much better than in jerez. these are first long run simulations for ferrari, so far they were testing single parts of the car . today they have put those parts together and made some basic setup. still lot to do on car.

Mercedes engineers have discovered a loophole, how to trick the FIA ​​rules and displayed at the World Association. The FIA ​​technicians have analyzed the concerns of Mercedes and found that it actually would have been a way to produce exhaust gases in the towing of the motor. However, at a high price. The fuel consumption would have risen dramatically, even worse than last year. And the intervention may have shortened the life of the engine.

so it was mercedes, not ferrari

many reports say so, the car isn't the best but it is much better than in jerez. these are first long run simulations for ferrari, so far they were testing single parts of the car . today they have put those parts together and made some basic setup. still lot to do on car.

Saying the car is better than in Jerez is nothing to write home about. They seem to have solved the reliability problems and all that but, as you said, "still a lot to do on the car".

Red Bull will be the best car in Australia but the difference with the 2nd best won't be insurmountable as it was the case last season. Saying who will be that 2nd car is not easy but it seems McLaren have a good car, looks stronger than Ferrari and some others look in good form too.

I think this season there will be a good Championship, I wish.

Saying the car is better than in Jerez is nothing to write home about. They seem to have solved the reliability problems and all that but, as you said, "still a lot to do on the car".

Red Bull will be the best car in Australia but the difference with the 2nd best won't be insurmountable as it was the case last season. Saying who will be that 2nd car is not easy but it seems McLaren have a good car, looks stronger than Ferrari and some others look in good form too.

I think this season there will be a good Championship, I wish.

ferrari gave birth to a 'new baby' while mclaren and red bull have three year old kids. will ferrari 'baby' be a problem child i dont know, but i am glad that ferrari took a new path, a risk is there but what is life without a risk. i wish them all best.

F2012 (Felipinho 2012...now with opposable thumbs!) summed it up nicely:

"So many years we have arrived at the first test and the car was always working perfectly or at least there were not so many directions to follow. This year we have so many directions and possibilities the most important thing was to find the right one. Now I think we've found it. Now is the time to work very hard at the factory and try to bring all the right pieces to make this car competitive for the first race."

Simples.

F2012 (Felipinho 2012...now with opposable thumbs!) summed it up nicely:

Simples.

i have heard that some of them sleep in factory in maranello.

:eusa_think: maybe it would be better if they work

lol, i have heard that they look good on long runs...

they looked great last year, but only Q3 in australia will tell us more

I was thinking 26, so I win. You owe me a fivver.

Sigh...And I thought going for 25 was risking too much! I should have known you were bluffing with your "I'm thinking 21" face

seeing as I'm almost a day ahead of you guys that means I've only got 24 days to wait - yes?

no hang on - it's a leap year.

does that mean 25?

but seeing as I have almost completed my time-vortex machine I should be able to cut it down to 3 days.

problem is, I haven't got quite enough aluminium foil to cover the kelloggs frosties box yet.

I think I can compensate with more red wine though.

yay - Melbourne tomorrow!!!!!

Sigh...And I thought going for 25 was risking too much! I should have known you were bluffing with your "I'm thinking 21" face

As you like.

Sam Michael, last year after the penultimate test in Barcelona:

Very subjectively, I'd say you've got Ferrari and then Red Bull at the front at least four tenths faster than anyone else, then I think you've got a pack which is Renault, Toro Rosso, Williams and even Sauber, then another three or four tenths back to Mercedes and McLaren, then another step back to the new teams. That's definitely what the picture was in Barcelona.