Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Countdown Begins!

Yup, for weeks till season starts!

The part of the years when time slows to a crawl and that clock, that friggin' clock keeps ticking...ticking...yet the day never comes. NEVER COMES!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Ahem.

So, will Melbourne will deliver some surprises while teams try to find their bearings? Will Austin be another dusty Indian GP, with the only difference of death penalty being allowed for minor rules breachings? Will it rain in Monaco, allowing for some random guy to win and keep him around for years with the excuse of "hey, he won once there!" Will Montreal be another masterpiece of drama and idiocy? Will Spa with Webber, Kimi, Alonso, Button and Hamilton be the Spa of our dreams? Will Suzuka and Interlagos be the so good we don't want them to ever end? Will we moan and groan abouut Barcelona and Valencia as usual? Will Monza's podium make us feel like there's no other thrill like Formula One even after ranting and raving about how boring F1 has become?

So, you all made your predictions. Now I wanna know your expectations.

Yup, for weeks till season starts!

The part of the years when time slows to a crawl and that clock, that friggin' clock keeps ticking...ticking...yet the day never comes. NEVER COMES!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Ahem.

So, will Melbourne will deliver some surprises while teams try to find their bearings? Will Austin be another dusty Indian GP, with the only difference of death penalty being allowed for minor rules breachings? Will it rain in Monaco, allowing for some random guy to win and keep him around for years with the excuse of "hey, he won once there!" Will Montreal be another masterpiece of drama and idiocy? Will Spa with Webber, Kimi, Alonso, Button and Hamilton be the Spa of our dreams? Will Suzuka and Interlagos be the so good we don't want them to ever end? Will we moan and groan abouut Barcelona and Valencia as usual? Will Monza's podium make us feel like there's no other thrill like Formula One even after ranting and raving about how boring F1 has become?

So, you all made your predictions. Now I wanna know your expectations.

you meant four weeks?

yeah hah *yawn*...pretty excited...*snore*

I'm glad to see you so passionate bud... got to keep the faith, Michael Jackson once sang...

I've been desperately trying to ignore all things F1 over the winter - it always makes the break go faster (hence my absence for the last few months). But I just can't do it any more. It's time to start getting excited, building everything up and p**sing my pants.

Of course that will all cease as soon as Australia turns out to be a borefest, but hey, give me this month of anticipatory joy. banana.gif

I think I hit a high when testing began, the first day was just spectacular and then been slowly deflating... Eish, Peaked too soon...Should pick up soon again... *yawn*

Yes, after years and years of saying "another borefest", "yawn", etc. I can't help but feel so thrilled before season starts it shows that F1 must be doing something good after all. And I think I speak for all of you as you also seem to feel the same passion. Even if Vettel is going to win this season by 1,000,000 points to zero.

Adam, do stay around pal!

Time flies! Already been...35 minutes since I posted that? Only 35 fukcing minutes???? Damn! Still four weeks to go!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

HRT to take the season opening win, heard it here first!

Least thats why I reckon they are delaying their new car, must be so uber super duper to keep it hidden so long :-P

4 weeks? 28 days? Kinda arbitrary numbers, aint they?

Could've chosen 17 or 23 days..."the least random of random numbers"

Most excited I've ever been in the pre season tests. But I chauk that up to Kimi being back. Still I have a feeling we're in for a cracker of a season. Even with Vettel winning the past two WDCs (who I support too btw), I have to say they were good seasons. Now if only F1 could deploy the awesome camera work see in Nico's car when he did the most recent Silverstone test. Helmet cam, check! Body cam looking up to the steering inside the c#ckpit, check! Bernie ya old codger take some notes mate and make it happen.

Meh, I can't get excited. In fact, I'm refusing to acknowledge Melbourne's existence as a race (seeing as I won't see it live for the first year in 10 or maybe more or did I not mention that before?)

I hope it is a horribly dull and tedious season in which nothing happens, Sky meets an unfortunate ending, and everyone in the UK starts watching BTCC instead seeing as how it is much more entertaining and has the best coverage of any form of motorsport on Freeview television.

Maybe.

No, on a more serious note, hopefully it is a more exciting championship battle than 2011 was. Not really sure who I'd like to hear of winning the championship (because it's a forgone conclusion the title will be decided in a race I can't see).

Truth be told, the TV deal has really knocked my enthusiasm for the sport. I'll still keep up to date with things that are happening and continue to be a fan, but yeah, this year's the first year I've not been madly counting down the days till the season starts. It's good to have it back, but I'm looking forward to other forms of racing over F1.

I'm excited about this season. Just a gut feeling. I have no real reasons to believe it will be any closer, but reasons ruin the fun of a lot of things. New attitude. There's a difference between being critical and being impossible to please and I was on the wrong side of that fence.

Hav you heard about something called live streaming? :P

EDIT: My comment was aimed at James but that $%&%$%&$%%% Eric got in the middle the little fu...oops...he's a mighty mod now...ahem...

:wub: My comment was aimed at James, but a lovely comment made by our wonderful, enlightned, almighty Eric showed up and I wrongfully posted after him. With your permission, I am leaving to flog myself with a rubber chicken. :wub:

*cue to the Hypnotoad*

All...Hail...Eric...

Yes, and get my internet cut off thanks to illegal F1 streams, knowing Bernie. Brilliant idea. :P

Still, there's the laziness side of it as well. If I can watch it on TV, sure I'm going to get up and watch it live whatever time of the morning it is on at. If it means watching on the computer? Ah, I'll pass thanks. And I'm sure as heck not going to a pub at that time to watch it like Mr E suggests.

It isn't THAT important.

EDIT: My comment was aimed at James but that $%&%$%&$%%% Eric got in the middle the little fu...oops...he's a mighty mod now...ahem...

:wub: My comment was aimed at James, but a lovely comment made by our wonderful, enlightned, almighty Eric showed up and I wrongfully posted after him. With your permission, I am leaving to flog myself with a rubber chicken. :wub:

*cue to the Hypnotoad*

All...Hail...Eric...

:lol:

Don't let them know rubber chickens can be dangerous. We used to have to play "baseball" with a rubber chicken instead of a bat and a ball in phys ed. Throw the chicken, run the bases. I worry for the future of this world when it's "too dangerous" to play freaking baseball. Give kids their bats and if they want to hit somebody with them well maybe the other kid will learn to behave with more respect like our friend Andrés has and he won't need to be hit with a bat. World needs more people who can just say "you know, I had that coming to me, I'm glad someone gave it" and less parents who use teachable moments to call their lawyers.

On another note, I've been wondering about this for the past 3 seconds or so, reading your post. I've heard that Brits pronounce "Thames" as "Tems." So is Jimmy known as "Jems" in his home country?

(Season really does need to get started, eh?) :P

On another note, I've been wondering about this for the past 3 seconds or so, reading your post. I've heard that Brits pronounce "Thames" as "Tems." So is Jimmy known as "Jems" in his home country?

(Season really does need to get started, eh?) :P

That's true - well the first part is. But you Americans can't pronounce any British places correctly without making them sound awful, so... :P

As for being called "Jems" - I guess I've been called worse things in my time.

And now, for something completely different:

Stirling Moss hailed Vettel as a "modern Fangio". Now, if there is someone who wouldn't take the name of Fangio in vain that's Moss. So, unless Moss is really becoming senile, the kid must really be onto something there. In any case, that sole comment will make me watch the unbearable Seb more closely this season.

These aren't predictions, these aren't expectations, these are demands:

1. One last win for poor old Massa.

2. Two-man battle for the title. I enjoy those rivalries more than the four best friends all gleefully going for the title. Just more intense. Or maybe I just can't follow four drivers' points scenarios. :lol:

3. A way to import the far superior Canadian Oreos into the U.S. for the Grand Prix weekend.

4. Robert Wickens, third driver at Mercedes with a 2013 race seat lined up. Canucks are mortal enemies when there's an American in the fight, but when there isn't, I'll pretend I loved them all along. Seriously he's a great kid and beat JEV and Ricciardo in WSR (though that means nothing because his driving doesn't impress me as much as Vergne's does, which impresses me more than Ricciardo's).

It ain't much, F1. You can do it.

And now, for something completely different:

Stirling Moss hailed Vettel as a "modern Fangio". Now, if there is someone who wouldn't take the name of Fangio in vain that's Moss. So, unless Moss is really becoming senile, the kid must really be onto something there. In any case, that sole comment will make me watch the unbearable Seb more closely this season.

It'll make his loss of the WCD so much sweeter to see him built up so much before lights go (on or off, I forget how they start an F1 race).

EDIT: I typo'd WDC as WCD, but I guess if he wins the WDC I can at least say I was right that he didn't win the WCD.

*cue to the Hypnotoad*

All...Hail...Eric...

Live streaming is my plan, maybe a thread can be set up or some up to date links added to the resource thread. Hopefully pubs will be showing some of the races live too for us Brits.

Yes, and get my internet cut off thanks to illegal F1 streams, knowing Bernie. Brilliant idea. :P

Still, there's the laziness side of it as well. If I can watch it on TV, sure I'm going to get up and watch it live whatever time of the morning it is on at. If it means watching on the computer? Ah, I'll pass thanks. And I'm sure as heck not going to a pub at that time to watch it like Mr E suggests.

It isn't THAT important.

I don't think Bernie controls the internet....yet. In fact I'm not sure he knows what it is.

Live streaming is my plan, maybe a thread can be set up or some up to date links added to the resource thread. Hopefully pubs will be showing some of the races live too for us Brits.

Me too. Like a stubborn fool, I could afford Sky, but just really don't want it.

So yes, any consolidated information would be very helpful.

One of the moderators a few years ago asked that I not link to streams of races because they aren't exactly legal and didn't want the forum used for that (basically didn't want this to become a hub for people to come and post streaming/torrent links and make that the focus more than the discussion of F1). The moderator did say it was completely fine to share over PM. Just a suggestion that you might want to get all the British members without Sky together in a big PM to share links. Plus, the less public exposure a stream gets, the less likely it is to be closed. Honestly just thoughts, not an order or a rule or anything.

I probably stream more races than I watch on TV, even though I have all the channels airing them. I just like to be able to post on forums/Tweet during the races. So I have nothing against streaming at all.

One of the moderators a few years ago asked that I not link to streams of races because they aren't exactly legal and didn't want the forum used for that (basically didn't want this to become a hub for people to come and post streaming/torrent links and make that the focus more than the discussion of F1). The moderator did say it was completely fine to share over PM. Just a suggestion that you might want to get all the British members without Sky together in a big PM to share links. Plus, the less public exposure a stream gets, the less likely it is to be closed. Honestly just thoughts, not an order or a rule or anything.

Honestly, I probably stream more races than I watch on TV, even though I have all the channels airing them. I just like to be able to post on forums/Tweet during the races. So I have nothing against streaming at all.

All valid points. PM system can be used, and instead of posting direct links we could just name the sites that offer them thbup.gif