Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Things I Like (Outside Of F1)

Doodling on my 60-year-old Telecaster

Is that a euphamism?

Things I like outside of F1... Hmm... :eusa_think:

A cold beer in the summer, all kind of prison films, a sunny and warm day, tripes a la Madrileña, kindle eBooks, rice a la paella, my new WP7 phone, Real Madrid beat Barça, discovering good songs of the past, Bethoven's Moonlight Sonata, Forrest Gump, etc.

I guess you must have seen Celda 211. I liked that movie; gave it 8/10.

Finding out things you're embarrassed to own from your childhood are worth decent money on eBay now. Hipsters and NASCAR collectors driving up the prices of all my old s***...

...now I just need to convince my parents to let me unload some of this stuff instead of keeping it in boxes "in case we ever need it again" or "you have children someday and they want this terrible old crap." :P

I guess you must have seen Celda 211. I liked that movie; gave it 8/10.

Yes, I liked it. One of the best Spanish films in recent years. An 8/10 is maybe a bit too high but it is worth watching.

History. I love history. I love learning things from our past, piecing together details, finding out clues, building up a chain of events and combining them to tell a story. I love finding the truth, getting facts and presenting them. Yeah, I'm a geek and what of it?!

Film. Mostly foreign films. Japanese/Korean films are generally brilliant. I urge you all to watch Battle Royale, Death Note, Love Exposure, I'm A Cyborg But It's Ok, Vampire, Day Watch, Night Watch, Lady Vengeance. My favourite actors include Daniel Day Lewis (as Bill The Butcher in Gangs of New York he was awesome!), Liam Neeson, Takeshi 'Beat' Kitano, Tetsuya Fujiwara, Matsuyama Kenichi, Sonny Chiba, Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman, Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro, Samuel L Jackson, Denzel Washington, Jensen Ackles ( :wub: :wub: ), Jim Beaver & Misha Collins.

I love music. I have the Jimi Hendrix collection on vinyl. I'm a huge psychedelic rock fan. I love rocking out to prog rock too. Bands like Kansas! Steve got me listening to Frank Zappa and I love him! Steve Hackett, Pink Floyd, AC/DC etc. I like very little modern music, exceptions are Black Eyed Peas. Some hip-hop tunage isn't bad. I'm going back to old school stuff. Public Enemy, Tupac Shakur, NWA. The likes of 50cent and Eminem should be hog-roasted and then left alone festering in their own body waste.

Yes. I enjoy Motorcycling though I haven't ridden for about a year. I think!

Sports wise. Just look on my profile 'scrip.

My PS3. Skyrim. SSX. Call of Duty:MW3. Dead Island. Silent Hill. Resident Evil. Final Fantasy.

Don't watch much TV. I never ever miss Supernatural though. Oh, and I love Merlin too! I do like a good documentary too.

Books. Books are GREAT! Love the feel and smell of an old book, and the freshly printed smell of a new one. DO NOT like those Kindle things. They're soulless, but I'm a fan of technology in general!

If i think of more I'll let you know!

And I like you lot. Yes, even you Caesar.

I like some series, like Prison Break or One tree hill. Unfortunately both are finished :(

Other things I like: football, histroy (mostly church history) and designing.

Led Zep, Jamesons, barbecues, history-psychology medley, badminton, BBC's QI, Father Ted, Monty Python, Blackadder, and I am not ashamed to say - Downton Abbey

Steph you missed "doughnuts" off your list :)

What do I like? What do you care? Why? I guess I like asking questions? :)

Well no list would not be complete unless it had Emma Bunton in there.... aside from that, cooking (of the gluten and milk free variety), walking, taking photos, travelling, music (of all types - listening, not making as I can't play a thing), being a dad (and granddad), watching (good) films, IndyCar, documentaries on history and science, technology of every description...

Main activity exercising my mind currently is setting up a new national charity in the UK relating to food allergies and intolerances. Long story (won't bore you now) but there is a need for a charity to help people, lobby caterers, government and food manufacturers, do research and educate.... its early days but getting some traction. If anyone is interested I can put up links, etc Think it will be huge!