Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHS18

European Touring Car Championships

About what I expected for Wickens, but definitely a lot slower for Hand than I would have thought. I know DTM's a different animal, but Hand's been a winner in formula cars and GT cars, and then went and placed fourth in his V8 Supercars debut, so he's very versatile. I think he got bit by not being at the winter tests, which is something I still don't understand.

Goal for Wickens might be to get a point, but definitely beat the other Mercedes young drivers. He has to do that.

Joey Hand's livery sucks.

Not because it's bad, but because an Exide car should be more than that.

Nascar%20exide%20truck.jpg

1131.jpg

TC240099EX.jpg

8416602.jpg

32martin-michigan.jpg

HOME.jpg

Sorry. :P

Anyway, those new DTM cars are really ugly. Not saying the old ones weren't.

Of course they'd be pretty if Wickens and Hand would just win the races or something. :P

Nah, an Exide livery should be like this:

6201059184_9b8dee4ee4_z.jpg

tongue.png

It's funny - I was reading on Ten Tenths that a lot of people prefer the look of the cars this year. I agree that they certainly look...purposeful and striking, but I'm not sure if they're "attractive" racing cars.

The one thing I'd wish more than anything that they'd do is get rid of all the aero rubbish that's around the cars, just the random little aero pieces of the bumpers and stuff. Being a big BTCC fan I'm probably biased - but they hardly have any aero pieces like that, and the racing is a lot more exciting. It's no wonder that there's perhaps not as much overtaking in DTM as there should be when there's all that sh*t all over the cars.

Have you seen Wickens' livery by the way? It's red and white. JUST LIKE THE CANADIAN FLAG OMG THEY'RE SO CLEVER.

559618_10150792879689855_56660079854_9542319_291114223_n.jpg

Man, Exide Europe sure likes bland liveries. :P

Blue's my favorite color, but blue and white is overdone. Exide needs pink or it isn't Exide. This was probably the worst Exide paint scheme: http://www.johnnybenson.com/2007%20Images/031607%2023%20and%2000.jpg

Of course I shouldn't diss blue and white, since those are the national racing colors of the United States (I think it's blue with two white stripes, but it may be white with two blue stripes).

Anyway, I should be fair and say that the BMW M3, Audi A5, and Mercedes C-Class are all very ugly cars as road cars (well, I guess the Mercedes isn't as ugly as the other two), in my opinion, so I guess that doesn't help them in translating to racing cars.

Hadn't seen Bobby's car, thanks. It will be the worst paint scheme he's ever had if he doesn't win, and the best if he does. Just win. That's all I ask. Win every single race and the title and go to F1.

Why do Hand and Wickens suck so much?

Haha, give them time. I'm sure they'll get up to speed soon, they can't be easy cars to get used too.

Look at Farfus - pretty anonymous last weekend, now on the front row this weekend.

Well, it didn't take them long...Spengler wins for BMW in only their second race.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/99412

Plus watch this from the second race of WTCC at Hungary. Home hero Norbert Michelisz wins, crowd goes mad.

I believe from memory the track has given tickets away for WTCC in the last two years, or they've been priced very cheaply. Seems to work, attendance on par with F1 attendance...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67MqCJos4Rs

I give up. Wickens is never going to F1 and Hand's heroics in ALMS are tarnished.

Wickens had been running in the top ten (in the points!) till a mechanical failure 4 laps from the end. Hand, no idea.

Two races in, and there's already rumours that a fourth manufacturer could join for 2013. Hot favourite at the moment seems to be Alfa Romeo.

Of course, Alfa does have a DTM history. In fact, one of the most famous cars from DTM history was an Alfa.

532214105_26eca8ffa6.jpg

I know this isn't where it goes but Audi, Miguel Molina, Europe, close enough. It's really cool.

I know this isn't where it goes but Audi, Miguel Molina, Europe, close enough. It's really cool.

Not sure whether that's terrifying or just damn cool...

Thanks for sharing. :)

Paffett wins DTM at Brands.

Surprise surprise, very little action to speak of. It is ridiculous that DTM use the Brands Hatch Indy track to be honest, it doesn't suit the cars at all, and in a series where it is hard to overtake anyway, putting them on a circuit with few if any overtaking places it is a recipe for a very dull race.

There's two or three good overtaking spots for something like BTCC on Brands Hatch Indy. Even less for DTM with all the aero rubbish on the cars. Either use the GP loop, or find another venue because there's many that'd be better than Brands Hatch Indy.

And I'm not just saying that because Brands happens to be the track furthest from where I live, either...

http://www.autosport...rt.php/id/99733

In happier news, the Chevrolet domination show goes horribly wrong in the last few laps in Austria:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv18_jDc5RA&feature=g-u-u

Well, that's better for Joey Hand.

Just a question...do DTM and WTCC ever not run on the same weekend? It seems to me they always have conflicting dates and that doesn't make a whole lot of sense when they probably share a lot of the same fans.