Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

The Qantas Australian Grand Prix Official Race Preview Thread

Maybe he has learnt? It could well be the case that this was just Lewis driving the percentage game and making sure he got some points on the board at the first race? Of course, it was more than likely be that he just didn't have the pace of Button or Vettel, for whatever reason. Start was not great, but not horrendous. The sc incident was just one of those things, sometimes you are the statue, sometimes you are the pigeon.

Anyway, my real point is one swallow does not a summer make. I know that has a whole different connotation to you, baldy, but bare with me.

There have been quite a few times a team winning the first race can then go on to struggle through the season. Yet to listen to the media at the moment you would think McLaren are going to walk away with it. Obviously, I think McLaren will be there or thereabouts, as they have been the last few seasons, I just think talk of dominance is a little premature.

By the way, no particular reason why I replied to you (aside from the fact that I love you more than life itself), just a post mentioning swallow, dominance and premature it seemed appropriate to pick you :whistling:

:lol: Welcome back, sweetcheeks!

Maybe it wasn't clear from my post, but I agree with you. What I think is that Lewis disagrees with us, meaning that is not that he was so underwhelming, is that he is being as hard on himself as his critics are, and that (in this case) could be dangerous.

:lol: Welcome back, sweetcheeks!

Maybe it wasn't clear from my post, but I agree with you. What I think is that Lewis disagrees with us, meaning that is not that he was so underwhelming, is that he is being as hard on himself as his critics are, and that (in this case) could be dangerous.

No, it's ok, your post was clear, that's why I said there was no particular reason I replied to your post :lol:

I don't know if Lewis' reaction was because of maybe losing 2nd due to sc, or that he just didn't have the pace he thought he was going to have, which I think is closest to the truth. As you say, it could be dangerous for him, but if he is in a better place, as he says he is, then he should be ok. In theory.........