Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Replacing Massa

I'm surprised the following hasn't happened:

The scene: Stefano's office...

"...when the moon hits ze sky like..."

RING RING

"Allo?"

"Hello Stefano, remember me? I hear you need a good second driver and I *am* a former WDC..."

"Mika? We'd love to have you back!..."

"No, no its not Mika, its..."

"Michael!!! Fed up with the silver arrows? Not surprised, come and see me...."

"No Stefano not Michael, my father was in F1 too, its...."

"Nico! Pop by"

"STEFANO, its Jacques!....

<click>

"Stefano? Hello? there seems to be a problem on the line...." :D

ALTERNATE ENDING...

"OK Jacques, come on down -.........we don't really care about your racing, we just want to see some hot chick from the UK walk naked down Old Kent Road..."

http://www.totalf1.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10953&view=findpost&p=308432

:)

I would love to see Kubica return and ideally, return to form. He was a very good driver and has a bright future in F1, if only he can heal properly.

Kubica was testing a rally car last week I believe.

But he can't pick up a glass to drink from, and if he did, he'd get a terrible cut, and contract a horrible disease, so he best not try! Jaime Alguersuari, M.D. told me so.

Kubica was testing a rally car last week I believe.

But he can't pick up a glass to drink from, and if he did, he'd get a terrible cut, and contract a horrible disease, so he best not try! Jaime Alguersuari, M.D. told me so.

I was wondering if that report was true...

Last year they said he'd be racing this year with no problem. Hard to say, it almost sounds like his hand was completely crushed or almost severed. Obviously a terrible injury whatever the extent was.

So.... we return to Massa's fav track...will he perform a little better, really I hope so....

He had a good race there last year.........:whistling:

I would like to see him do better, but I can't see it at the moment. He just doesn't seem to be able to get as much out the car as Alonso at the moment...........well for a while now.

If he was less sh!t, he would be much better. Not sure if him and Ferrari have analysed that yet.

If he was less sh!t, he would be much better. Not sure if him and Ferrari have analysed that yet.

I am sure they have. It's how to make him less sh!t that's making them scratch their heads I imagine :lol:

Alonso, on Massa: "Felipe had a great race. He has nothing to prove". A strong, very unusual support from Nando. Even more so as he has never displayed much love for Massa, and that this almost seems like a reply to SD and LdM which said that he had lots to prove if he wants to keep his seat next year.

In any case, this might come as a slight comfort for FM when he is under heavy fire. Not sure if that can compensate for FM obvious lack of performance (to put it mildly), but at this time, FA's word is like the voice of god at Maranello. Something even a fan like me finds extremely funny. It is something of a private vengeance towards a team that has always been my less favorite one to watch it wrapped around Nando's fingers.

That also explains why they were so desperate to get rid of Kimi and bring in Nando. They weren't looking for a great driver. They were looking for a Messiah. And Nando must be the grumpiest, less charismatic messiah ever, yet it worked!

Then maybe Alonso wants to maintain his "I rule in Ferrari" position by having a faithful underling in Massa. It would be a bother to brainwash his substitute.

Alonso, on Massa: "Felipe had a great race. He has nothing to prove". A strong, very unusual support from Nando. Even more so as he has never displayed much love for Massa, and that this almost seems like a reply to SD and LdM which said that he had lots to prove if he wants to keep his seat next year.

In any case, this might come as a slight comfort for FM when he is under heavy fire. Not sure if that can compensate for FM obvious lack of performance (to put it mildly), but at this time, FA's word is like the voice of god at Maranello. Something even a fan like me finds extremely funny. It is something of a private vengeance towards a team that has always been my less favorite one to watch it wrapped around Nando's fingers.

That also explains why they were so desperate to get rid of Kimi and bring in Nando. They weren't looking for a great driver. They were looking for a Messiah. And Nando must be the grumpiest, less charismatic messiah ever, yet it worked!

Perception is a wonderful thing...

Then maybe Alonso wants to maintain his "I rule in Ferrari" position by having a faithful underling in Massa. It would be a bother to brainwash his substitute.

lol

TNT Energy Drink originates in Brazil (is it even sold anywhere else?). Brazil is very important to both Santander and Fiat. Massa's safe for the year.

So now I ask this:

Does Massa get a second life? If not Scuderia Ferrari...

1) Does he want to stay in F1 with a different team?

2) Does he have a say? Do they just reassign him to Sauber or does he get to shop around the mid-field teams and see if any bite?

3) Will Ferrari offer him a "reserve" role and some runs in an AF Corse F458 in the WEC stuff and testing road cars and all that and we'll all just be happy for his new relaxed schedule?

I can't really tell if he still has it in him to be in F1. I know Ferrari would offer him a nice way to disappear if he didn't want to stay. I hope he sticks around. I think he'd be more fun and energized running as the lead at an "almost there" team than number two in a Ferrari. He'd end up with similar points totals but he'd look less silly scoring them.

I can't see Ferrari keeping Massa just for sponsorship money, they're not exactly struggling financially. Sad to say it but his time is coming to an end, he just hasn't looked the same since the accident. A sad way to have one's career wrecked but those are the breaks.

This

Perception is a wonderful thing...

You're thinking of dellusion.

They weren't looking for a great driver. They were looking for a Messiah.

Then they should stop worrying about FM, unload SD and FA then use the money to sign Adrian Newey.

For the wage they're paying their current drivers, they could easily tempt Newey + Webber +Button

Every line fiat read on the web about any of their drivers only helps to mask to pile of sh#t that they have produced AGAIN!

No, you see what Ferrari *really* need to do is to hire this young, promising driver, whassisname - oh yeah Michael Schu-something. Then bring back the old team of Ross, er thingummybob and Jean Oojamaflip. Hire in a playboy second driver, give it a couple of years and the championships will flow.... :)

Alternatively, they could pick up Garry Anderson and David Coulthard real cheap (as they're not doing much right now) and plough all the money saved into the car..... I would just love to hear Coulthard say "...and this is my championship year..." again :D

Then they should stop worrying about FM, unload SD and FA then use the money to sign Adrian Newey.

For the wage they're paying their current drivers, they could easily tempt Newey + Webber +Button

Every line fiat read on the web about any of their drivers only helps to mask to pile of sh#t that they have produced AGAIN!

Ferrari's true pace is closer to where Massa currently is (behind RB, Mclaren, Merc, Renault, Williams and Sauber).

King Fernando is worth a good 2 seconds a lap, and dragging that piece of Italian rubbish through the point positions, he is worth his current salary times 10! contract.gif

Ferrari's true pace is closer to where Massa currently is (behind RB, Mclaren, Merc, Renault, Williams and Sauber).

King Fernando is worth a good 2 seconds a lap, and dragging that piece of Italian rubbish through the point positions, he is worth his current salary times 10! contract.gif

2 sec? Where do you get that one? Last time I checked Fernando claimed he brings .6 of a sec...which is very debatable I have to saywhistling.giftongue.png

I must have been watching another race, last time out furry-nando was only 7 secs in front of massa-bater. (and with that being a relatively trouble free race for fiat, we can now see that at best he may be worth a shade over a tenth/sec than massa - all though he's hardly a benchmark worth measuring yourself against)

Both over a min behind Vettel. - even the hamster had time for 2 neck massages during the pitstops and still split the fiats.

judging by the last race - massa is better value than nando, and with the car still going to be crap all year, I'm now considering becoming a massa fan. (if only I could grow to like the little autistic chimp).

Magical Spanish reports that I couldn't find are saying that Mark Webber is a done deal for 2013.

Felipe Massa was at the IndyCar race in São Paulo as a guest of Rubens Barrichello. I wouldn't read anything into it yet, though. I think an F1 team would still take him.

Interesting. Webber has said that he wants to stay in F1 for a few years yet, and he is on a year by year contract (correct me if I'm wrong), and has a good friendship with Alonso. So he's definitely an option available to the reds.

I think an F1 team would take Massa too, not sure which one but I think there'd be a place somewhere and I even think his performances might improve.

Any driver even thinking of joining Fiat would need to be sure that next year will not be just another wasted year.

The post-Ross Brawn Fiat is now looking exactly like the pre-Ross Brawn Fiat, Every year promising that "next year will be the year" and chopping and changing personnel.

I'm afraid it's all too Italian right now. Any other business with their resources that constantly underperformed would surely eject the chairman and/or CEO.

And like any other struggling large business, they should consider acquiring one of their smaller (yet better performing) competitors. Lotus or Sauber perhaps?

We (and they) would be better served asking who will replace LDM and SD.

Any driver even thinking of joining Fiat would need to be sure that next year will not be just another wasted year.

I'm thinking of buying the Alfa Guilietta. Everytime she comes past me I flounder. She looks at me with those alluring eyes then throws a suggestive pose with those sexy curves.... Very tempting indeed!!!

Heard she's very trustworthy...