Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Replacing Massa

You fail to see I was in winding mode since the Trulli beat Alonso post answering to Alehop

I wasn't sure, but as some people actually believes that I took the opportunity to set that (and Santander stuff) right :lol:

You are mean, considering I abstained myself of making jokes about Kimi's vs Grosjean performances during qualy :P

One of these days I will send you my Santander thugs after you... :ph34r:

You are mean, considering I abstained myself of making jokes about Kimi's vs Grosjean performances during qualy :P

It's the points that matter at the end of the day my friend :snigger::whistling:

You fail to see I was in winding mode since the Trulli beat Alonso post answering to Alehop

Brad, you know you can't wind me up anymore. At least not with the usual Alonso/Santander/teammates/Singapore'08/... mantra.

Looks like they both decided to just hijack Lewis's ride

notice the license plate on that 'Lewis's ride'. LOL!

1.- Some teams work better with 2 competitive drivers, some teams prefer clear #1 and #2 drivers. And that usually depends on which drivers we are talking about. Red Bull and Ferrari obviously prefer the latter option, but should they have other drivers they might want it the other way. Macca almost destroyed themselves at least twice with their "we let them race against each other" so, despite all their fairplay talk, they usually end up chosing a de facto number one, Is not that they have none. It's that Button surprised them being as good as they boasted about while thinking "he will be a good girlfriend for Lewis". If JB keeps delivering, LH will be more and more not just looking like a number 2, but also having to play that part until he leaves or changes.

2. That is just to put the whole Alonso needs a crappy driver along him into perspective. Now, back to Ferrari and FA, it seems like the guy has learned a lot more than the fans, as they keep talking about 2007 and 2004 as if they happened yesterday, merrily ignoring everything else. Fact is, there aren't many drivers at FA level you can hire, so it's not just a matter that the guy wants to have a weak #2 driver (btw, name me one driver that would be happy to have a driver more competitive than him in the same car) it's just not easy to find one. Who would you hire? Lewis? What for? FA and LH would not get along and FA is delivering more than enough. LH will be of no help simply because the guy will not bring enough to compensate for the price of p**sing off Alonso. That is what every team thinks when they hire another driver to race along with their superstar. That is why RBR would never hire alonso to run along Vettel, or Vettel to run along Lewis.

3. So, we are talking about 2nd rate drivers here. Massa is a 4th rate driver (and I am being generous). For the record: ANY DRIVER FERRARI COULD REASONABLY HIRE WILL BE DEEMED AS 2ND RATE BY YOU SO STOP USING IT AS A PROOF THAT ALONSO NEEDS WEAKER TEAMMATES! :P If any, that proofs how highly you rate Nando :P

4. Trulli only beat Nando in your feverished minds. Trulli was ahead on points (against an alomst rookie Nando!) for a little while and he was already in bad terms with Flavio by then. Alonso (again, just a rookie, despite all the love he received from Flavio) was certainly not established enough to demand that a team like Renauult to get rid of a well established driver like Trulli should be kicked out to make place for him. In any case, history proved that he was vastly superior than Jarno. So Flav was right. And the fact that Jarno and FA are still close friends proves how idiotic the Jarno theory is.

5. Santander: Ferrari focus was always racing, not selling street cars. They sell street cars to keep the racing team running. That was like that since the Enzo days. That means that funding was never too much of a problem as long as the street cars kept being sold. Even during this world recession, Ferrari street cars sold like water and they kept making record sales in 2009 and 2011, so money was never an issue unlike most other teams. That does not mean that sponsos' money is not welcome, of course, but that means that they are not so desperate for sponsors' money as to accept whatever crap they want to impose. To say that Santander "brought as a condition" to hire Alonso is like saying that a the Barcelona "had as a condition" to keep Messi as a player. What kind of idiot would not keep/hire the best guy around? That is not an imposed clause, that is the obvious choice! As for "Santander money in exchange to crush Massa": Santander, unlike Ferrari, was deeply hit by world's recession. They fared better than most banks primarily due to their good numbers in Latin America, especially Brazil and Argentina which are countries that kept growing these years, and obviously of the two, Brazil making the big numbers. So, for Santander, it has been some years now where Brazil is one of their biggest targets, even above Spain. If there is some Santander pressure it would go to keep Massa, not go against him. Read the news, people!!!!

Now, any other silly comment? :P Next time we will talk about "poor Massa and his destroyed spirit". Another urban myth :P

Chapeau, chapó, hats off!!!

I'll keep it for future reference.

post-3582-068940000%201332164969_thumb.jpg

KIMI: Man, things are bad now - I have to put a vodka bottle between my legs to impress the ladie.

NAND: Could be worse, look at me - I'm a d#ckless wonder these days!

alonso_01_minardi_D_424733a.jpg

NANDO: When I grow up I want to be just like Schumi.

PHOTGRAPHER: Sorry kid, that will never happen wink.gif

Wow, Mr. DPR knows how to make a fool of himself with his intelligent humour. More of this, please. Keep going.

More of this, please. Keep going.

If you insist, but for now I must do some work

Alonso fans are the easiest people in the world to wind up. (even easier than Hammy fans)

If you insist, but for now I must do some work

Alonso fans are the easiest people in the world to wind up. (even easier than Hammy fans)

I love when people vomit their resentments towards Alonso.

Feel free to come back whenever you feel it. It may help you.

Oh I do love the irony of it all. We're discussing Massa's replacement.

Truth is - he probably meets most peoples expectations of him (very low).

It does seem a little strange that with Massa and a so-called lazy fin - WDC (and very nearly another).

With an allegedly over-rated German taxi driver - several WDC

With Nando - ....ermmm...nothing, nowt, zip, zilch, zero.

I guess Nando lovers will have to just have to wait yet another year and hope 2013 brings you something.

(although Fiat are already behind Mclaren, RBR, Merc, Lotus and probably Williams - geez, that's alot of work to do!)

He's burned too many bridges to go anywhere else, so he's stuck at Fiat - So let's hope Fiat don't keep making the sort of "leap forward" that they have done since signing Nando, or by the time he comes to the end of his deal, they'll be lucky to be in 107% rule!

Maybe we should start another thread asking "Who can help Massa rebuild this team?"

Oh I do love the irony of it all. We're discussing Massa's replacement.

Truth is - he probably meets most peoples expectations of him (very low).

It does seem a little strange that with Massa and a so-called lazy fin - WDC (and very nearly another).

With an allegedly over-rated German taxi driver - several WDC

With Nando - ....ermmm...nothing, nowt, zip, zilch, zero.

I guess Nando lovers will have to just have to wait yet another year and hope 2013 brings you something.

(although Fiat are already behind Mclaren, RBR, Merc, Lotus and probably Williams - geez, that's alot of work to do!)

He's burned too many bridges to go anywhere else, so he's stuck at Fiat - So let's hope Fiat don't keep making the sort of "leap forward" that they have done since signing Nando, or by the time he comes to the end of his deal, they'll be lucky to be in 107% rule!

Maybe we should start another thread asking "Who can help Massa rebuild this team?"

oooooooeeeeeeeee, you're gonna create alot of hostilities on TF1 :lol:

not that we're like that but, good to stir things up abit....

hey Brad, if I upset any Nando fans then my work is done!

Fact is, since spygate, then crashgate he's done nothing to enhance either his or F1's image.

I'm starting to suspect he may well still be secretly under the pay of Ron Dennis. How else could you explain the obvious sabotage that someone is orchestrating at Fiat.

This may explain why Fiat are looking for a special deal with the new concorde agreement, coz they wont get much in performance winnings will they?

Every TP and driver in the pit lane would agree that Alonso is the complete package, the real thing and Ferrari's No.1 asset. His past, contentious as it may be, means nothing. Nassuno. Capische? This is F1. Winning is everything. Losing is not an option. Nothing else is relevant to the teams, drivers, sponsors, organisers, franchisees, bankers, broadcasters, whatever. Got it?

The Scuderia is a one driver team. Always has been. They also generally hire the best No. 2s in the world. Massa was one until he got whacked in the eye and lost his mojo. McLaren have set a new benchmark though. They have a team where no one is No.1 or No.2 and it works. RBR have a similar system, apparently but it helps if you're German.The new points system makes the double-team theory hit all the right buttons in terms of winning Championships. Ferrari will replace Massa because he is deemed impotent points-wise nowadays. They should hire Perez because Alonso isn't getting any younger but they will probably go for Webber because he's a good 'bloke' and he won't cost much. The alternative is to build a great car that anyone of ten drivers could look good in but that seems way out of reach just now.

Fiat owned, and red's their color...

Rebrand the Ferrari as Dodge. Sure as hell is handling like one. They called the last one F150, but now they'd actually have legal permission to use Ram, and I'd find that quite fitting for how one of the boys is driving.

I still say fire Domenicali, right now. Bring in anyone who has a different approach than he does. I don't care if he's Flavio Briatore with all that baggage (and all that baggage packed in his tight shirts, too), or someone we've never heard of before, or someone who isn't even in F1 and never has been. If they run the show differently than Domenicali and they know how to inspire their team to be their best such that it's fair to release anyone who isn't at their best (if you have an actual system of making people do a good job, and someone isn't doing that, then you know they don't fit in the system so it's just best to move on). If you bring someone new in RIGHT NOW, that gives you some time to evaluate. If Massa picks it up under new management, or if the car designers figure something out, you have a clear idea of where to go. If it doesn't improve, you can cut them mid-season and start thinking long-term. It's not like they'd be throwing away any potential successes this year to take some risks. You have to send a message to the team. Even if you sack Massa and Alguersuari or whomever comes in and does no better, it makes a statement: you're only as good as your last performance, so dig deep.

Right now, it's a team where there are no rewards (Räikkönen gets demoted after his championship year; Massa gets demoted after beating Räikkönen over their time together) and no punishments (Massa gets a contract extension time after time; not enough turnover in the design department; Domenicali gets away with running this mess). People are more inspired to be the team's friend, because performance, good or bad, hasn't been making a whole lot of difference.

Right now, it's a team where there are no rewards (Räikkönen gets demoted after his championship year; Massa gets demoted after beating Räikkönen over their time together) and no punishments (Massa gets a contract extension time after time; not enough turnover in the design department; Domenicali gets away with running this mess). People are more inspired to be the team's friend, because performance, good or bad, hasn't been making a whole lot of difference.

Good point. Domenicalli and Massa are two likeable guys but that's probably the worst of the qualities a team manager or an F1 driver can have.

Fiat owned, and red's their color...

Rebrand the Ferrari as Dodge. Sure as hell is handling like one. They called the last one F150, but now they'd actually have legal permission to use Ram, and I'd find that quite fitting for how one of the boys is driving.

I still say fire Domenicali, right now. Bring in anyone who has a different approach than he does. I don't care if he's Flavio Briatore with all that baggage (and all that baggage packed in his tight shirts, too), or someone we've never heard of before, or someone who isn't even in F1 and never has been. If they run the show differently than Domenicali and they know how to inspire their team to be their best such that it's fair to release anyone who isn't at their best (if you have an actual system of making people do a good job, and someone isn't doing that, then you know they don't fit in the system so it's just best to move on). If you bring someone new in RIGHT NOW, that gives you some time to evaluate. If Massa picks it up under new management, or if the car designers figure something out, you have a clear idea of where to go. If it doesn't improve, you can cut them mid-season and start thinking long-term. It's not like they'd be throwing away any potential successes this year to take some risks. You have to send a message to the team. Even if you sack Massa and Alguersuari or whomever comes in and does no better, it makes a statement: you're only as good as your last performance, so dig deep.

lovely stuff!!! I agree 100%

Every TP and driver in the pit lane would agree that Alonso is the complete package, the real thing and Ferrari's No.1 asset. His past, contentious as it may be, means nothing. Nassuno. Capische? This is F1. Winning is everything. Losing is not an option. Nothing else is relevant to the teams, drivers, sponsors, organisers, franchisees, bankers, broadcasters, whatever. Got it?

The Scuderia is a one driver team. Always has been. They also generally hire the best No. 2s in the world. Massa was one until he got whacked in the eye and lost his mojo. McLaren have set a new benchmark though. They have a team where no one is No.1 or No.2 and it works. RBR have a similar system, apparently but it helps if you're German.The new points system makes the double-team theory hit all the right buttons in terms of winning Championships. Ferrari will replace Massa because he is deemed impotent points-wise nowadays. They should hire Perez because Alonso isn't getting any younger but they will probably go for Webber because he's a good 'bloke' and he won't cost much. The alternative is to build a great car that anyone of ten drivers could look good in but that seems way out of reach just now.

The time for a one man band is over Sean... Finish, Nada. Nassuno. Capische. It does not work anymore in this competitive environment we have today, if you can't adapt and change then you have to die. Simples. This is not the era where Ferrari had unlimited testing capabilities neither the support of the only tyre maufacturer! Finish. Nada. Nassuno. Capische <-----Hey, I like this!

Finish. Nada. Nassuno. Capische

By all means if Ferrari should continue down this dark and gloomy road, I'll be grinning from ear to ear... Finish. Nada. Nassuno. Capische

The more I say this the more I like it!

FFS!!!!!