Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

The Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix 2012

They should avoid panic. then. The car is obviously faster than anybody else's so it will naturally make them winners, whether they like it or not. That is, unless Lewis really starts to work on it, in which case they are doomed :P

The lack of pace I guess was more down to a dry race basic configuration (a mere assumption), if that's the case, then it was a fundamental failure of team strategy, because Fridays are not for making pretty numbers on the timesheets, but to test possible configurations for racing day's most probables scenarios and in this case, rain should have been prioritary. Then again, maybe they DID have a wet track configuration in which case I don't have the smallest furking clue on why they lacked the pace.

It seemed more like Greek sex, to me :P

No, there's no worry, as I say, it's just a bit of remiscence really. They got the job done in end in 2010, so it wasn't a panic comment.

Yes, it probably was :lol:

(Not directed at you here Sean) - As for comments throughout about this or that car being faster than this or that car, and Macca is like RBR 2010...come on folks.....that was the second race, in very changeable conditions, and basically a lottery. We can draw no conclusions here apart from Massa is lost, Alonso is driving as good as he ever did, and Williams scored more points in two races than they did all season last year.

See comment above :lol:

No panic, just saying that's what it is reminding me of so far. As you will have seen in other threads, I keep saying one or two swallows does not a summer make.

Still haven't seen the race - was watching the live timing on my phone on an 8 hour bus ride.

Got a bit dull in the middle for a while but then - woah nelly!

Looks like fun.

Not surprised about all the talk about Perez, and haven't seen the Vettel/Karth incident, so can't comment. Just wondering why I've seen no one write anything about Senna in 6th for Williams? Was it just a matter of inheriting positions from unfortunates ahead of him, or did he handle the conditions particularly well?

Vergne also scored some points I see - good work in his 2nd ever F1 race.

Anyway - that's it for now, will write more when I've seen the race.

'Cos you didn't read my post ;) It was a good drive, iirc he had a problem on the first lap with some contact with his team mate, dropped down the order but then obviously recovered well.

Do you not see the contradiction in your question there Brad?

If you are being passed, then you are going slower, so whether you lift or not is irrelevant - you're SLOWER!!! :P

Vettel chopped him for holding him up, and hit his wing. It was a d#ck thing to do. All he had to do was drive straight, but he is driving frustrated this year - the car is behind the eight ball by a few tenths here and there, and it's adding up over a race distance. The boy want's to win, and it's not yet coming his way this year.

But that doesn't excuse him chopping Narain. I know they all do it from time to time, but a simple middle finger would have sufficed :P

I know he's your man next to Kimi, but you have to be a little less one eyed. If RBR have used the defense that Narain didn't lift, then they are just clutching at straws to get FIA to punish HRT, a team that the FIA and Bernie don't want in F1. HRT, Caterham, and Marussia have one and all NOT been given a new Concorde agreement to sign onto. And then at the other end of the equation, you have FIA and Bernie fawning over RBR with bonus commercial deals in the next Concorde agreement. You do the math.

The accident was Vettel's fault, indeed. Although I don't think you need to go too far into politics/conspiracy theories to understand why HRT/NK got punished. The stewards are just stupid enough to make that kind of error of judgement without any outside help, we've seen that many times with many teams and drivers.

Also, Vettel's comments were too far, calling NK an idiot, but it's hardly the first time a driver made an ill-judged post-race comment like that. Hardly evidence of anything like being a 'spoilt brat' as somebody said, just evidence he was (wrongly) annoyed with NK and actually cares about doing well.

'Cos you didn't read my post ;) It was a good drive, iirc he had a problem on the first lap with some contact with his team mate, dropped down the order but then obviously recovered well.

Sorry George - thought I'd read all the posts in the thread - must have missed it - have the race on my computer now - looking forward to watching it tonight.

Only 3 days late.

sad.gif

Yay - just finished watching the race... wow! I'm liking 2012 (until the world ends and all that).

The bad thing about watching a race 3 days late is that you guys have chatted about every incident of note already. You've covered every point of view. Argued every case. And basically there's nothing left for me to add.

The good thingabout watching a race 3 days late is that you guys have chatted about every incident of note already. You've covered every point of view. Argued every case. And basically there's nothing left for me to add.

Bring on China.

I CAN'T WATCH CHINA WHY WOULD BERNIE DO THIS TO ME. :(

It's definitely been a great start to the season. Very refreshing, mostly because I had a feeling it would be a good season and I like being right. :P

It basically says Alonso didn't change the engine mapping to a dry one umlike all others for the last stint on dry tits.

http://twextra.com/a1xg8h

He made that last stint on dry tits? Now that's even more impressive than Nicole doing it on wets!

:whistling:

He made that last stint on dry tits? Now that's even more impressive than Nicole doing it on wets!

:whistling:

:lol:

Did I say tits? :mellow:

I wrote t-i-r-e-s but that thing (mobile phone) must have changed it. :D

Hi guys,

I think this race was quite good. It was exciting, we saw rain, it can't be bad! I'm sorry for Schumi, he coul have run a better race, but Grosjean knocked him. I can't wait for the next race in China!

Hi guys,

I think this race was quite good. It was exciting, we saw rain, it can't be bad! I'm sorry for Schumi, he coul have run a better race, but Grosjean knocked him. I can't wait for the next race in China!

Welcome to the forums Barthdesigns. Schumi Grosjean was a bit of 6 of one half a dozen of the other if you ask me. But yes - would like to see one of the Merc boys put that car where it can be - perhaps 4th-5th on a track that suits it?