Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

The Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix 2012

Evil of Jenson to have snatched Schumi's 2nd place at the last instant. Still, I'm fairly happy with Schu's showing. If the odd-numbered cars on clean side, a slim chance of him overtaking Button at the start. By the way, at the start of FP2, Schumi laughed & winked at the camera. Maybe he's got his swag back?

Lotus has nice pace, and Kimi is rapidly getting into the groove, it seems. A pity he's starting 10th.

Vettel seems to have set-up the car more for the race.

Top 8 covered by 0.445 seconds. Incredible. Hopefully it stays like this through the season.

One of the best Q3 since 2010. This is a championship and competition.

PS.- Only problem might be Macca being too strong for anybody else during the race.

They did 2 runs in Q3, & I think they don't have an extra set of fresh mediums. Could hurt a bit.

Evil of Jenson to have snatched Schumi's 2nd place at the last instant. Still, I'm fairly happy with Schu's showing. If the odd-numbered cars on clean side, a slim chance of him overtaking Button at the start. By the way, at the start of FP2, Schumi laughed & winked at the camera. Maybe he's got his swag back?

Lotus has nice pace, and Kimi is rapidly getting into the groove, it seems. A pity he's starting 10th.

Vettel seems to have set-up the car more for the race.

Top 8 covered by 0.445 seconds. Incredible. Hopefully it stays like this through the season.

11th... outside the top 10, hope he makes up a few places..

Woohoo! That is all.

Already expecting Button to pull another pass at Hamilton and disappear into the distance, huh? And I thought we hated Vettel for doing just that :P

Schumacher - get the job done tomorrow!

Hopefully in their fight for the first corner, the McLarens hit each other, allowing Schumacher through, then it rains. :mf_tongue:

Excited doesn't even being to do justice for how ready I am for this race tomorrow.

Last weather update, just for Eric. :P

So, to the race day forecast. Numerical weather models have continued to paint an increasingly wet picture for Sepang day-by-day and this trend continues. First off, we are looking at a projected CAPE value of over 1,500 J/kg by late-afternoon – or, to take the science out of it, a 50 percent higher chance of rain is expected than what the forecasts were predicting for today’s qualifying session.

Cloud cover projections are for overcast conditions – particularly in the final couple of hours before the race. Also, surface air pressure is expected to drop significantly tomorrow afternoon. All this points to one expected outcome – rain.

Sunday morning is likely to start off dry with some early sunshine, but towards midday and certainly through the early part of the afternoon, conditions over Sepang should become progressively darker, turning overcast. Tomorrow’s GP2 race and the first half of the grand prix lie in the heart of the expected thunderstorm window and a wet track at some stage is expected. Air temperature is also set to decrease slightly, reaching a maximum of 30 Celsius.

Those of you wanting a dry race may well be disappointed.

Also for those of us in Europe - remember that the clocks change tonight.

Schumacher - get the job done tomorrow!

Hopefully in their fight for the first corner, the McLarens hit each other, allowing Schumacher through, then it rains. :mf_tongue:

Excited doesn't even being to do justice for how ready I am for this race tomorrow.

Try "Horny".

Try "Horny".

I don't know how to respond to this without it being taken even further out of context. :ph34r:

:P

Last weather update, just for Eric. :P

Those of you wanting a dry race may well be disappointed.

Also for those of us in Europe - remember that the clocks change tonight.

Journalist quotes weather report, doesn't link to source. Get it together kid. :P

I hope it rains. Hard. Wipes McLaren, Red Bull, and Mercedes off the podium through perfect timing or terrible conditions or whatever. That would be fun. If we gotta see guys I don't like on the podium, new guys I don't like are better than old guys I don't like.

It's great how close the grid is at the moment. I'm glad Massa improved, being within a few tenths of Alonso. That's acceptable, and if the grid wasn't much tighter this year he'd be closer on the grid. Raikkonen's grid penalty is a shame, you can't help but feel that the Lotus won't always be so quick and that opportunities are being missed; we'll see what their drivers can do in the race. Interesting strategy from Vettel I think he looks quite well placed to make the podium again. I expect Hamilton to make a good start this time and lead away, while Button will be busy watching a fast starting Schumacher squeeze past him (I read being on the 'dirty' side is more of a disadvantage here). I don't expect Schumi to stay up the sharp end for too long, though, but he might hold Button up for long enough to do a Hammy a big favour. Shout out to my boy Perez, putting Koby away by 0.6s! Also good to see Senna closer to Maldonado's pace.

Yep, it's looking like a good one, whether it rains or not!

Journalist quotes weather report, doesn't link to source. Get it together kid. :P

I hope it rains. Hard. Wipes McLaren, Red Bull, and Mercedes off the podium through perfect timing or terrible conditions or whatever. That would be fun. If we gotta see guys I don't like on the podium, new guys I don't like are better than old guys I don't like.

I've got the information from one website which I originally linked to oooh...I think on the very first page?! :P

To make it clear I definitely got it from here: http://f1weather.com/

It'd be nice to see some rain chaos, but hopefully not so much we have a really long SC period or a red flag.

Hi guys you can listen to an interview with Amir Adam Khan here http://f1weather.com/

I'd love to see Michael on the podium - not entirely sure if it'll happen, although he sounds fairly confident that Mercedes have learnt from their mistakes last time out.

Play batracer and look at the weather here. http://f1weather.com/

:P

It's great how close the grid is at the moment. I'm glad Massa improved, being within a few tenths of Alonso. That's acceptable, and if the grid wasn't much tighter this year he'd be closer on the grid. Raikkonen's grid penalty is a shame, you can't help but feel that the Lotus won't always be so quick and that opportunities are being missed; we'll see what their drivers can do in the race. Interesting strategy from Vettel I think he looks quite well placed to make the podium again. I expect Hamilton to make a good start this time and lead away, while Button will be busy watching a fast starting Schumacher squeeze past him (I read being on the 'dirty' side is more of a disadvantage here). I don't expect Schumi to stay up the sharp end for too long, though, but he might hold Button up for long enough to do a Hammy a big favour. Shout out to my boy Perez, putting Koby away by 0.6s! Also good to see Senna closer to Maldonado's pace.

Yep, it's looking like a good one, whether it rains or not!

Thats what I hope and think will happen...

I expect Kimi to easily overtake Alonso at the start.

Alonso, then Rosberg, then Grosjean, then Webber (Vettel has already passed his teammate by then), all on the main straight. Now is that too much too ask for?

Yes Brad, I would prefer for him to overtake Webber in the flashiest way ever, later on in the race... but then, probably he would just get stuck behind him >.<

Alonso, then Rosberg, then Grosjean, then Webber (Vettel has already passed his teammate by then), all on the main straight. Now is that too much too ask for?

Not at all. Throw in a WDC too, and you've got a rational demand.

Yes Brad, I would prefer for him to overtake Webber in the flashiest way ever, later on in the race... but then, probably he would just get stuck behind him >.<

Or get confused by blue flags... :whistling:

I find Red Bull's decision to start Vettel on the hard tyre to be a bit paradoxical to be honest, It's never really been a strategy that has made much difference over the past couple of years. If Merc's drop off in race pace is as pronounced as it was at Melbourne I still expect Seb to occupy the third step of the podium but on the same token I am happy to see that Red Bull's arrogance with the "McLaren didn't win, we lost" rhetoric has came back to bite them in the arse, as this result tells me that this year's McLaren is going to be fast everywhere, and Red Bull's supremacy is long gone. Also, the form of Lotus is a bit hard to read, they were poor at Melbourne, but they look fast here. I hope for their sake it's not a repeat of last season with a car that just didn't work at low speed circuits.

2 races in, and it's already gearing up to be an interesting season.