Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Ferrari/red Bull Deal

As most will have read by now, there are rumours afoot that both Ferrari and Red Bull are being offered shares in Formula One as part of a $10billion US float of Formula One; something that ties in nicely with the both of them walking out of FOTA.

What worries me the most is that if Ferrari and Red Bull both have seats on the board, as has been reported, then they will be able to directly influence the direction of Formula One. That is not to say that they will make the rules, but they will be able to have a more than unfair say on the direction the sport takes, eg where they race, what it will cost fans to get into races etc etc...if you stop and think about it, there are many, many things that they can have a say on...even perhaps barring teams from entering the sport (something Luca would be keen on, and replacing with three car teams).

The other thing I hate is that Ferrari already gets special treatment, for really nothing it seems to me. And even with the unfair advantage they already have over the others in terms of both the money they get from F1 and their veto vote on the World Motorsport Council, the above just makes my stomach roll over even more.

As most will have read by now, there are rumours afoot that both Ferrari and Red Bull are being offered shares in Formula One as part of a $10billion US float of Formula One; something that ties in nicely with the both of them walking out of FOTA.

What worries me the most is that if Ferrari and Red Bull both have seats on the board, as has been reported, then they will be able to directly influence the direction of Formula One. That is not to say that they will make the rules, but they will be able to have a more than unfair say on the direction the sport takes, eg where they race, what it will cost fans to get into races etc etc...if you stop and think about it, there are many, many things that they can have a say on...even perhaps barring teams from entering the sport (something Luca would be keen on, and replacing with three car teams).

The other thing I hate is that Ferrari already gets special treatment, for really nothing it seems to me. And even with the unfair advantage they already have over the others in terms of both the money they get from F1 and their veto vote on the World Motorsport Council, the above just makes my stomach roll over even more.

Expect Fernando to win the title again soon, with or without inherited wins...

Not sure if Santander has enough money to put 24 Ferrari's on the grid....

:lol:

They have 4 cars already, got to believe in the possibilities of dreams they say...

They're only there as part of the Alonso leaving fund....sure to run out pretty soon....

I see they are listed as number 5 in the "Partners"...just one spot up from Lucozade....

They're only there as part of the Alonso leaving fund....sure to run out pretty soon....

4 year deal extension happened last year... I'm sure Alehop will fill us in with the details...

Anyway, back to the topic...

Many paddock insiders, however, believe the deals are already done in principle, leading one angry rival team boss to blast: “Formula one stopped being about racing a long time ago”.

“There will be an end game to this,” he added. “We just have to figure out what it is and what it means for the people in the teams who want to go racing and not be involved in this kind of thing.

F1Zone

What are they in for then? But it's really quite sad. Ferrari prospered in the early 2000's with beneficial deals like these...

Expect Fernando to win the title again soon, with or without inherited wins...

And remember Trulli beat him.

Playing poker. :)

Heh, the article implies that Mercedes is a "Top Team", Oh, I wish ...

Worse still, it implies Ferrari is one.

Hey, getting the teams involved? Great, they may actually bring some much needed sense to the table then!

And by that, I just mean that...well, the more brains the merrier, yeah? :whistling:

Going to Autoblog for F1 news is like going to my posts for anything you haven't already heard before. :P

Doesn't matter much to me who they bring in to run it, or who makes decisions, or who owns it, or who is on the grid. It'll go on and on and on and on regardless and I just like to watch racing (in moderation; I usually just pick one a week and rotate through a bunch of series).

It won't happen. Teams want to race not own equity in the series they race in. That's not their business. It would completely unbalance the status quo of the sport. Smoke and mirrors from Bernie. What I want to know is what's behind it?

What's behind it? Bernie is old and the guy he had as number two at Delta Topco left....

What's behind it? Bernie is old and the guy he had as number two at Delta Topco left....

What's behind it is a $50m bonus for Ferrari and $35m for McLaren and RBR.

Oh, it's a mods debate

:eusa_think:

I keep telling you - I'm a rocker!

Oh booo hooo, doom and gloom. Ferrari and Red Bull clearly have an agenda to destroy F1 by controlling it and erradicating all competitors with an evil master plan.

The sport will explode, all the drivers will sh*t in their nomexes and we'll be forced to watch milf float racing.

Teenagers are so disrespectful, milk is too expensive and be afraid of anyone black moving in next door to you.

Apart from that, I think it will all be fine.

Sorry, my penis fell off with apathy.

The sport will explode, all the drivers will sh*t in their nomexes and we'll be forced to watch milf float racing.

Sorry to quote myself but I laughed out loud at my error. However, what a fantastic idea for a new sport. Made me think of a few more;

Lesbian bobbing

Twat slapping

Gay Lord ducking

Git tripping

Banker burning