Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grabthaw the Hammerslayer

Is It Me Or Is Vettel Looking Ordinary....?

Especially if your car is no longer the dominating monster it was! It's more sour grapes than gamesmanship if you ask me! :D

Nope, it's gamesmanship. If it was middle of season and they are out of it, it would be sour grapes :lol:

There is more than 1 way to skin a cat,as they say and getting under your opponent's skin is sometimes a way of doing it.
especially if your opponent happens to be a cat.

Nope, it's gamesmanship. If it was middle of season and they are out of it, it would be sour grapes :lol:

Every GP is an opportunity to create winners and a losers. Ergo, any comment made by the LOSERS in this context shall be interpreted by me as sour grapes. :D

I shall not link to the various articles doing the rounds (as i am sure you have read them) talking about how finger boy is a sore loser and the team are not coping well, hence the grapes that be sour. :D

Every GP is an opportunity to create winners and a losers. Ergo, any comment made by the LOSERS in this context shall be interpreted by me as sour grapes. :D

I shall not link to the various articles doing the rounds (as i am sure you have read them) talking about how finger boy is a sore loser and the team are not coping well, hence the grapes that be sour. :D

I would put as much faith in said articles as I would in gloucesteshire old spots defying gravity :lol:

I would put as much faith in said articles as I would in gloucesteshire old spots defying gravity :lol:

Sure, Andrew Benson and Gary Anderson know nothing! Half-wits! :rolleyes:

I think the job of Vettels girlfriend is already taken you know!

Likewise, I didn't know we had Mark Webber on the forum? You must be tired of being Seb's bitch, right? :P

Likewise, I didn't know we had Mark Webber on the forum? You must be tired of being Seb's bitch, right? :P

That made no sense what so ever. Try again. :clap3:

That made no sense what so ever. Try again. :clap3:

Funny that you questioned my native tongue earlier...

What do you want, a flaming diagram drawing? :P

You know what...if you have to explain a joke, it doesn't matter.

Give it some thought and get back to me when you've worked it out.

You know what...if you have to explain a joke, it doesn't matter.

Give it some thought and get back to me when you've worked it out.

That's what I thought.

If you are going to waste my precious "thinking about Jean Todt in a skimpy pink fluffy bikini" time taunting each other, could you at least make it interesting? Being witty helps. Being informative or thought provoking would be even better.

If you are going to waste my precious "thinking about Jean Todt in a skimpy pink fluffy bikini" time taunting each other, could you at least make it interesting? Being witty helps. Being informative or thought provoking would be even better.

I was being very witty, but JHS18 took his ball and went home in the huff! Probably to hug his Vettel picture.

Edit: Jean Todt? Really? *shivers* What has been seen can now not be unseen. Thanks

Sure, Andrew Benson and Gary Anderson know nothing! Half-wits! :rolleyes:

Oh, sorry, now you mentioned them, that makes such a difference seems as they belong to Team Vettel :whistling:

I'm Kimi's bitch Vettel is only my 2nd fav... :P

I did say in pre-season that once Kimi was back you would be panting like a bitch on heat and you didn't believe me. I shall refrain from saying 'I told you so'. Actually I wont..............I told you so :lol:

Well, when I posted this I meant something slightly different.

Having had two races (and I appreciate its not a lot, blah, blah, blah).... what struck me about Vettel was, compared to some of the greats he looked a little ordinary. What I meant by that was that the likes of Senna (and Schu when he was younger) would always seem to wring the neck of the car despite how crap it was. You could feel they were on the edge... Hamilton can do this but similarly appears to have lost his edge a little too.

The Red Bull certainly seems less competitive.

Whereas Vettel reminds me a little more of Jacques Villeneuve. No doubt he is fast, but out of the class-leading car, to me he's just looking a bit ordinary (as ordinary as an F1 driver gets :) )

I did say in pre-season that once Kimi was back you would be panting like a bitch on heat and you didn't believe me. I shall refrain from saying 'I told you so'. Actually I wont..............I told you so :lol:

:lol: true true

Well, when I posted this I meant something slightly different.

Having had two races (and I appreciate its not a lot, blah, blah, blah).... what struck me about Vettel was, compared to some of the greats he looked a little ordinary. What I meant by that was that the likes of Senna (and Schu when he was younger) would always seem to wring the neck of the car despite how crap it was. You could feel they were on the edge... Hamilton can do this but similarly appears to have lost his edge a little too.

The Red Bull certainly seems less competitive.

Whereas Vettel reminds me a little more of Jacques Villeneuve. No doubt he is fast, but out of the class-leading car, to me he's just looking a bit ordinary (as ordinary as an F1 driver gets :) )

I don't understand your point... Vettel was on for a good haul of points. Every other driver out there seemed to struggle...

I don't understand your point... Vettel was on for a good haul of points. Every other driver out there seemed to struggle...

I think he's saying that Vettel didn't appear to be really pushing it. Like he was just kind of mailing it in, saying, "we have a points scoring car, let's just sit and score points."

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with that but that's how I interpreted his point.

Quite honestly, I think: 1) a driver can never finish higher than the car can finish, just higher than other drivers could finish in the same car and 2) just because someone's driving isn't flashy and ragged and on the verge of wrecking doesn't make them any less talented than the others. Less fun to watch from my perspective, certainly, but not relatively "ordinary." Do you want the team that wins every game a very controlled 1-0 on their way to the championship or the team that wins some games 5-0, loses others 0-5, has a few 3-3 games, is just all over the place, and comes up short? One's not very interesting to watch, but...they won the title. That's sort of how I see Vettel, which isn't to say he can't be interesting to watch, or won't be. What makes him a good driver is that he plays to his strengths and the car has been playing to his strengths, too. The fun driver thinks everything is his strength and tries everything in every car and makes a big mess, but not the winning driver. The winning driver and the winning team have their system and when you get these weird races like we've had, and you can't really play your system, that's when things go wrong, whether it's Vettel's fault or not for contact, things go wrong when you're not playing your system.

I say this after years of experience as a general manager and coach of numerous video games sports teams. :P

SparkNotes: Vettel's a good driver, and he's had drives that blew me away like Brazil 2008, but often, he's precise and calculated until the environment (car, other drivers, weather, pit mistakes, whatever) doesn't let him be, and that's where he has issues. But I don't know why we discount precision when that wins titles, other than that it's not flashy.

Well, on the point about precision, the thing about Vettel is that on a few occasions last year he crashed the car or went off the road, but he does it in the practice sessions. He's also done the same this year, he went off the road a lot over the Australian GP weekend iirc, even in the race which was a rarity. We can all rest assured he's pushing. So I don't quite see Grab's point, obviously everyone can interpret things differently, but like Brad says he had/was looking at good finishes in both races. Nobody was beating JB in Australia, and he was probably destined for at least the bottom step of the podium in Malaysia with Hamilton's poor pace, and the mistake reveals the incredible fact that he is human.

It seems like the cucumber hater is increasingly becoming the driver that divides opinion on these forums, he's in good company as that used to be Alonso :P