Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grabthaw the Hammerslayer

Is It Me Or Is Vettel Looking Ordinary....?

i have only read the title of this thread, didn't read any coments.

vettel is good but he has many things to learn yet, but he has enough time. people tend to exaggerate about qualities of modern day heroes, and with that they put huge burden on their shoulders.

so if modern day heroes don't deliver expectation of the people they suck big time. vettel was young and naive when he accepted glory and media attention saying he is the best, but who wouldn't do the same.

just think what would people expect from perez if he won in sepang. even with his second place they said that he is new senna. P.S. i enjoy the myth of magic alonso right now, the lord of crappy cars and crappy weather :D

I never thought I would like Alonso, but I really am starting to admire him. Chap deserves some respect.

Yes, in a thread asking about Vettels ability, my opinion is a lesser one that should not be heard because the Vettel fanclub are at a loss as to how to respond to my thoughts.

I am picturing your bedrooms adorned with Vettel posters, bed sheets and curtains.

You don't like my opinion, we all get it.

You and brad should have a little tea party together and opine on the cruelties of other people not agreeing with you.

I feel sad for you guys that your self worth seems so wrapped up in what I say about your boyfriend! I fear you will be crying into those tea cups soon!

And then you show your class by writing something like this. Well done.

Not at all saying your opinion is any less than mine - but there's a difference between sharing your opinion and being a troll.

On the basis every single one of your posts in this thread has been negative about Vettel, and you're not the one exactly adding any facts to your posts either, it seems to me you either have some major agenda against Vettel or are in fact a troll. The words "stuck" and "record" come to mind. I'd certainly enjoy reading some of your posts in other threads other than just this one, where it seems even though you plainly hate Vettel, you can't leave it alone.

If I'm the world's biggest Vettel fanboy then you, my friend, are certainly the most butt-hurt F1 fan around at the moment. The last two seasons must have been terrible for you. It seems you can't get your head around the difference between respecting a driver for their talent and being a fanboy. Go back and look at my posts again - at no point have I claimed Vettel is the best driver ever. I can freely admit he has made mistakes - but it seems it is too hard for you to say anything positive at all.

But keep going. It's funny to read some of the stuff you are resorting to now.

If you don't want someone to reply to you, don't reply to them. Two-way streets and everything like that. :)

And then you show your class by writing something like this. Well done.

Not at all saying your opinion is any less than mine - but there's a difference between sharing your opinion and being a troll.

On the basis every single one of your posts in this thread has been negative about Vettel, and you're not the one exactly adding any facts to your posts either, it seems to me you either have some major agenda against Vettel or are in fact a troll. The words "stuck" and "record" come to mind. I'd certainly enjoy reading some of your posts in other threads other than just this one, where it seems even though you plainly hate Vettel, you can't leave it alone.

If I'm the world's biggest Vettel fanboy then you, my friend, are certainly the most butt-hurt F1 fan around at the moment. The last two seasons must have been terrible for you. It seems you can't get your head around the difference between respecting a driver for their talent and being a fanboy. Go back and look at my posts again - at no point have I claimed Vettel is the best driver ever. I can freely admit he has made mistakes - but it seems it is too hard for you to say anything positive at all.

But keep going. It's funny to read some of the stuff you are resorting to now.

Its been funny to read your stuff right from the very beginning. No doubt you will continue to amuse me. :thbup:

Right you lot. Settle it down, aye?

Enough of attacking the poster, please.

James; you should know better - please stop biting

Volatilis; please refrain from attacking people personally. Please back up your statements with facts - that is all anybody asks for. If you disagree, please just say so - there is no need to bring into question anyones bedroom walls.

Mod, out.

:rock:

Right you lot. Settle it down, aye?

Enough of attacking the poster, please.

James; you should know better - please stop biting

Volatilis; please refrain from attacking people personally. Please back up your statements with facts - that is all anybody asks for. If you disagree, please just say so - there is no need to bring into question anyones bedroom walls.

Mod, out.

:rock:

Typical. Perhaps you should read the whole thread to see who started the personal attacks before you tell me to lay off. Which is it, easier to pick on the new person or too lazy do your mod job properly, or both?

Typical. Perhaps you should read the whole thread to see who started the personal attacks before you tell me to lay off. Which is it, easier to pick on the new person or too lazy do your mod job properly, or both?

He meant it for all the posters, including me, then additionally mentioned 2 names...

It does'nt matter who starts it but if we chirp back in the same manner we're all guilty of it.

It doesn't matter who started what, only that it is time to stop. No one is picking on you; the post was addressed to all three of you.

It doesn't matter who started what, only that it is time to stop. No one is picking on you; the post was addressed to all three of you.

No doubt some of you will be happy to hear this is my last post. I have tried to engage in the forum in a light hearted and fun manner but unfortunatly for most of the reasons I have outlined as this discussion has gone on people are not content to allow me to have my opinion without having some sort of hissy fit.

Frankly I have better ways to spend my time and energy.

I have been called a bitch and a troll, and yet I am the one singled out for the most advice on how to behave, because I suggested someone have a tea party in their Vettel bedroom! Oh, I'm so evil!

Mod, your a joke! Like you said in your pesonal mail to me, your all a little gang of online friends here and no point complaing like a crying little four year old about who started what. Set the bar high for your moderation there didn't you.

I thought this place was going to be fun and the people cool. Shame.

No doubt some of you will be happy to hear this is my last post. I have tried to engage in the forum in a light hearted and fun manner but unfortunatly for most of the reasons I have outlined as this discussion has gone on people are not content to allow me to have my opinion without having some sort of hissy fit.

I have been called a bitch and a troll, and yet I am the one singled out for the most advice on how to behave, because I suggested someone have a tea party in their Vettel bedroom! Oh, I'm so evil!

Mod, your a joke! Like you said in your pesonal mail to me, your all a little gang of online friends here and no point complaing like a crying little four year old about who started what. Set the bar high for your moderation there didn't you.

There's a little typo in your signature.

Should have been "Shane", not "Shame"

You gave as good as you got and you'll be back for more. Everybody is entitled to their opinions and it really isn't a case of "ganging up on the new guy", anybody would have been argued against had they made the posts you did. The fact over 90% of your posts have been about Vettel doesn't really help your case, either :P I'd like to hear from you in some other threads.

You gave as good as you got and you'll be back for more. Everybody is entitled to their opinions and it really isn't a case of "ganging up on the new guy", anybody would have been argued against had they made the posts you did. The fact over 90% of your posts have been about Vettel doesn't really help your case, either :P I'd like to hear from you in some other threads.

exactly, was thinking the same thing...

:lol: I'm sorry you feel so upset Volatilis. You were not singled out, not by Craig, not by anyone. I told James over Twitter to let it go or something to that extent. You all have a very, very long leash. You all had days to settle it yourselves, you all had days to disengage, no one did. See what I said about two-way streets...it goes both ways (as in two people), for everyone who contributed. See what Craig said...he mentioned other posters.

We are all moderators. What you reply to and how you reply to it influences discussion. Reply to posts the way you'd like your posts replied to.

Whatever that means to you.

So what do we expect from Vettel in Shanghai? I figure it will be a good test of his ability to get himself together and respond to adversity. He can't be giving up on this season yet. I'm not much of an Alonso guy, but I've liked Alonso's attitude this year, and admittedly, when you finish fifth and first in a car that should be jack last, it's probably not too hard to say nice things. Regardless, I see Alonso doing a good job as a leader, encouraging yet realistic, and I hope to see if Vettel can do something similar, especially when he has a much better car than the Ferrari.

And he's a racing driver...deep down he has to like qualifying a little ways back and having to pass some cars to get on the podium...

I am seeing Alonso 2012 as a refreshed version of Alonso in his championship winning years at Renault. At least so far anyways! :D

Maybe that thought will change if he is broadcast on the radio whining again as he did in his first year at Ferrari. Maybe he has calmed down a bit - knows his sled ain't the quickest ride down the slope, so he is just gritting his teeth and getting on with it. He is having to really "race" this year, because that is the only way you get a Sh#thouse car in the position he has thus far been in.

That said, China could see him finish 14th....

As for Vettel...well,I think if Lewis and Button have a clean qually, and it stays dry, and they are one and two at the first corner, then the race will be between those two. Macca, I feel, have the early advantage.

Vettel will be fighting Kimi and Mark for a spot on the podium. I don't think he has suddenly gotten any worse than he was last year.

The biggest problem for Vettel, I see, is the advantage Mercedes has in qualifying. The ingenious stalling of the front wing is giving them upwards of half a second a lap in qually - just enough to put them in P2,3,4 etc...heck, even pole. And with their better starts, if Rosberg or Schumi get infront of Vettel, then for him to even think of challenging say Lewis out in front, then he first has to dispatch Nico or Mike - no easy task. And all the time he spends behind the Mercs, the further anyone ahead of him will get - the Merc's are half a second slower without their front wing stalling.

You can't read anything into Malaysia - that was a lottery.

Australia, however showed Button taking 0.8secs a lap at one stage - but that was on everyone - he was hooked up, and he wasn't going to lose that race. But Lewis and the two RBR's were closer in race speed. In race trim, the gap isn't that big between RBR and Macca, I feel. I just think that Macca are getting the tyres switched on faster in qually, and that being as it always has been...to start at the front is half the race won.

Stay. I like fresh blood.

Who's Shane?

:lol: I love how the memory of Shane lives on.

My two penneth is that this forum doesn't need policing or wrist slapping. Unless someone is being racist, threatening or down right insulting, I say let us continue to verbally beat the cr*p out of one another.

Volatile one, grow some thicker skin and stick around. I'm enjoying reading your posts and looking forward to an objective spat.

I think I might expand on the whole tyres/starting at the front thing, using Ayrton Senna as the example.

When he was racing Formula Ford 2000, he and his teammate was a guy called Calvin Fish.

Invariably, the two of them would line up 1 and 2 on the grid, or at least the second row. Senna, as spoken of by Fish, would take more risks on cold tyres than anyone else, and establish a lead on the very first lap. It might only be a second, but in an 8-lap race, that was all you needed. Calvin Fish would race laps 2-8 in much the same time as Senna - it was only Senna's first lap performance, making the tyres switch on early, that led to him winning pretty much all the races in 1982.

It is much the same thing now between Macca and RBR, as it ever was for Senna and Fish.

(FYI, you can read all about it in Ayrton Senna The Whole Story, by Christopher Hilton - and no, I haven't committed it all to memory...just little titbits like that stick in my head.)