Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grabthaw the Hammerslayer

Is It Me Or Is Vettel Looking Ordinary....?

All I can think of is Shane and fish jokes.

Shane was a petulant little gob sh!te who refused to go quietly. He had more comebacks under different guises than Staus Quo. Easier to wind up than a well oiled clockwork mouse with a six inch key he clearly needed a good shag and probably had acne issues. Usual forum fodder.

Not the group of well balanced individuals we all are and who Volatile boy can only dream of being like. I'm such a beautiful b*stard I can barely get past my mirror in the morning.

Which are you on this time, Steve? The whiskey or the mineral turps? :P

Sober surreal mind juice. The best kind.

Drink fuelled thoughts in approximately four hours from now.

Well, we shall start the clock counting down now, Dribs. You beautiful b#####d, you....:D:P

I think I might expand on the whole tyres/starting at the front thing, using Ayrton Senna as the example.

When he was racing Formula Ford 2000, he and his teammate was a guy called Calvin Fish.

Invariably, the two of them would line up 1 and 2 on the grid, or at least the second row. Senna, as spoken of by Fish, would take more risks on cold tyres than anyone else, and establish a lead on the very first lap. It might only be a second, but in an 8-lap race, that was all you needed. Calvin Fish would race laps 2-8 in much the same time as Senna - it was only Senna's first lap performance, making the tyres switch on early, that led to him winning pretty much all the races in 1982.

It is much the same thing now between Macca and RBR, as it ever was for Senna and Fish.

(FYI, you can read all about it in Ayrton Senna The Whole Story, by Christopher Hilton - and no, I haven't committed it all to memory...just little titbits like that stick in my head.)

I read that book, though I'd forgot that part. The performance off the line is an interesting thing. Clark was apparently brilliant there. There's a similar thing today in MotoGP with Stoner and Pedrosa both being really impressive on the first lap; Stoner especially is always able to get down to a serious laptime immediately no matter what session he's in, whereas everybody else seems to have to go step by step to get a margin first. Just a footnote.

Shane was a petulant little gob sh!te who refused to go quietly. He had more comebacks under different guises than Staus Quo. Easier to wind up than a well oiled clockwork mouse with a six inch key he clearly needed a good shag and probably had acne issues. Usual forum fodder.

Not the group of well balanced individuals we all are and who Volatile boy can only dream of being like. I'm such a beautiful b*stard I can barely get past my mirror in the morning.

thats unfair. i dont post hear anymore because of peeple like u, but wen i read that it made me so angry. i bet you are ugly and dont even have a girlfriend like i do for the record. im not spotty either. im not volatilis either actually quiet one so there.

thats unfair. i dont post hear anymore because of peeple like u, but wen i read that it made me so angry. i bet you are ugly and dont even have a girlfriend like i do for the record. im not spotty either. im not volatilis either actually quiet one so there.

shane.jpg

As I said....

oh so i had diffrent usernames sowhat? u are a drunk who just go around upsetting people here because you think you are so great.

well, scum makker is rubbish and will not win n e thing this year. so what do you think about that then huh? go drown ur sorrows with a beer and cry about that and leave peeple like me alone. Now im going to have dinner with my girlfriend who is good looking and who i shag all the time actually.

Well I had a quiet laugh, Eric.

Do you think he's like that at home too?

:P

His is kind of small too, compared to ours...although, yours is a little bit smaller than mine :P :P

:lol: Steve.

Ok, so two things:

1. On Shane: he was a guy with a worse hair trigger than a teenager after watching the bikini open, but actually made some good posts when he wasn't involved in sterile exchange of insults with other members, at least I recall him like that. With him, I really felt at times that everybody was too eager to make him go ballistic, and unfortunately he kept taking the bait again and again. I don't think he was actually a troll as he did not seem to enjoy that situation. Rather, he sucked at sociabilizing.

2. On Volatilis: the Shane reference was a joke, it was too obvious (for us who knew him) to let it pass. I had very high hopes of another valued member to join this way too small forum, but I might say that Volatilis didn't help his own case the least, baiting or not from other members of the forum.

A bad attitude to join not just this, but any other forum:

a. Make a derisive comment (even in jest) about a driver or subject.

b. When still nobody knows you, and knowing that passionate replies will ensue, suddenly turn it into generalised, unjistified attacks to a theoretical group of posters ("the vettel fans")

c. From there, you CANNOT expect them not to gang up on you, as you made it sure by yourself that they would become a single class. BTW, the whole "gang" here were Brad and James. Not exactly a raging mob, I'd say.

d. The reply from "the gang" is then replied with hurtful mentions of "lynching" and don't understanding why are you the victim of such behavior, but at the ssame time you don't focus the argument backk into any rational path, you reply usually with a "see? these brainless fans react like this". Seriously, you don't need to be Einstein to foresee that those replies would never appease a "bunch of brainless fans" proud of being so, much less would satisfy people who deserves some respect. And yes, the time spent here does count toward that respect.

e. Respect: new people deserves as much. But at the same time it is difficult to gauge how much aggresion is a joke and how much isn't. For irony and sarcasm, always a certain knowledge of who are we talking to is needed to know if we are just being taunted or actually insulted. And even after knowing each other for a while, it's not easy to tell.

f. Winding up as a forum sport. I am the first to admit that I have low resilience to such practices. I made it public in more ways than one. I love to make jokes about the drivers (Kimi and Lewis fan can atest to this), but I never extend the attacks to the posters themselves as groups. I might say "Driver X is crap" either as a joke or as a cruel but accurate asessment from my part, but never would say "fans of X are crap". I don't like insulting berating other people as a sport and, when I do so, it's because I am really mad and it always leaves me with a bad taste about them and about me. I don't want that. If you chose to follow that path, then at least keep it among those that enjoy such behavior, and never...NEVER come back crying or asking for pity and claiming you won't be coming back. Because, frankly, nobody would probably give a Sh#t.

What is going on here? I don't even...

For my part - I've apologised once and I have no problem in apologising again if anything I said upset anyone, and by that I mean Volatilis.

I am concious that it may have been me, and me alone that discouraged him from posting here, so I guess I'll just have to go back to talking to myself in my BTCC threads. :D

Hopefully he'll stick around regardless.

I will stay this though. If you can't take the heat, don't enter the kitchen in the first place. I'm sure it is true that a lot of new members have a difficult start here. But look at someone like Caesar - annoyed a few people to start with, but now a respected member of the forum.

If Volatilis can put this behind him and move on, as I am quite happy to do so also, I'm sure he'll find that these forums are a lot of fun.

Everyone had a first post once.

I had a first post at least seven times.

But regardless, all members have been new members, so...

Now either talk about Vettel or about Shane or I'm banning all of you because I'm butthurt over how excited I was to see Shane4 as the newest member. :P

Volatilis did nothong wrong Vettel and his fans need a reality check after a 2011 dream season.

I will stay this though. If you can't take the heat, don't enter the kitchen in the first place. I'm sure it is true that a lot of new members have a difficult start here. But look at someone like Caesar - annoyed a few people to start with, but now a respected member of the forum.

wanna bet? :P

Volatilis did nothong wrong Vettel and his fans need a reality check after a 2011 dream season.

U really enjoyed his bashing Vettel post's did'nt you, it was quite funny to u :P

2. On Volatilis: the Shane reference was a joke, it was too obvious (for us who knew him) to let it pass. I had very high hopes of another valued member to join this way too small forum, but I might say that Volatilis didn't help his own case the least, baiting or not from other members of the forum.

A bad attitude to join not just this, but any other forum:

a. Make a derisive comment (even in jest) about a driver or subject.

b. When still nobody knows you, and knowing that passionate replies will ensue, suddenly turn it into generalised, unjistified attacks to a theoretical group of posters ("the vettel fans")

c. From there, you CANNOT expect them not to gang up on you, as you made it sure by yourself that they would become a single class. BTW, the whole "gang" here were Brad and James. Not exactly a raging mob, I'd say.

d. The reply from "the gang" is then replied with hurtful mentions of "lynching" and don't understanding why are you the victim of such behavior, but at the ssame time you don't focus the argument backk into any rational path, you reply usually with a "see? these brainless fans react like this". Seriously, you don't need to be Einstein to foresee that those replies would never appease a "bunch of brainless fans" proud of being so, much less would satisfy people who deserves some respect. And yes, the time spent here does count toward that respect.

e. Respect: new people deserves as much. But at the same time it is difficult to gauge how much aggresion is a joke and how much isn't. For irony and sarcasm, always a certain knowledge of who are we talking to is needed to know if we are just being taunted or actually insulted. And even after knowing each other for a while, it's not easy to tell.

f. Winding up as a forum sport. I am the first to admit that I have low resilience to such practices. I made it public in more ways than one. I love to make jokes about the drivers (Kimi and Lewis fan can atest to this), but I never extend the attacks to the posters themselves as groups. I might say "Driver X is crap" either as a joke or as a cruel but accurate asessment from my part, but never would say "fans of X are crap". I don't like insulting berating other people as a sport and, when I do so, it's because I am really mad and it always leaves me with a bad taste about them and about me. I don't want that. If you chose to follow that path, then at least keep it among those that enjoy such behavior, and never...NEVER come back crying or asking for pity and claiming you won't be coming back. Because, frankly, nobody would probably give a Sh#t.

If you followed my post, I actually tried to diffuse the situation as we went along...

If you followed my post, I actually tried to diffuse the situation as we went along...

I wasn't talking about you! *mumbles* Damn, this Vettelsterics are all the same! :P