Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Massa

Bahrain Grand Prix

8 members have voted

1. 1. Are we allowed to talk about protests here?

• No

PS - that wasn't one of my most coherent posts, but Spa is still better.

Incoherence aside, I get you. And agree Spa is better.

I remember Tilke giving excuses explaining once in an article why gradients are tough to include. I can't remember his excuse reason. I'll try and find it.

I don't think Tilke is a bad track designer.

I think the problem is that he is the only track designer.

Sometimes I wonder if there's more variety on a NASCAR calendar than an F1 one, and that's not right at all, when one emphasizes racing the competition over the track and the other the track over the competition (and both racing the car itself). Perhaps an exaggeration, but...just let someone else design some of this new construction.

creates it's own atmosphere and mood... should be appreiated for what it is

Hmm, it'll give nice tints and shades to the protesters' blood,for sure. I guess there's a market for retro vomit.

Anyway, back to the photos, Lewis is certainly a playa, what with his shameless ogling at the sexy girl next to Kova. Can't blame him.

I can't believe drivers have to put up like this for the sake of money!!!!

I know! They only get paid several million euros a year! It is so unfair compared to everyone else's life in Bahrain right now! ;)

Just kidding. :P

On a serious note, I do hope they keep safe. But really, if the worst does come to the worst, F1 really only has themselves to blame. I doubt they'd be getting much sympathy from anyone.

I agree that with the new regulations, we may see a more exciting race at Bahrain this year. Also with Eric, that there should be more than one track designer.

Oh, and Instagram can be good but is overused by people who think taking a picture of a carton of milk and adding a tint to it makes them a photographer.

Good to see you here.

Tracks like Spa, whilst great, exagerate their superiority over the likes of Bahrain because of the history surrounding the venue, the drivers who won there and the passion of the crowd. Whilst I think these elements are important, looking objectively at the track itself and some of the races that have happened there, were any of them significantly better than what we saw last weekend?

My point is, Bahrain surely has the potential to gives us a great spectacle with the current regulations. It probably won't happen now I have said that, but let's see! Maybe Tilke was right all along? No, okay, I'm getting carried away now...

Nice to be here. Been buried in the studio. It's highly unlikely that anyone would ever design another L'eau Rouge or Bustop and there is no real point in living in the past. It's gone. I 'm just concerned about what has replaced it. I hope Bahrain is a great race and it should be with most of the six WDCs in the field driving with fire and pace right now. Only the current one appears to be having problems. A lot of pouting going on there. Rosberg has a serious chance of joining their number as long as the rumblings about AABAR downsizing their holding in Daimler even further [and possibly dumping their 40% share in the Silver Arrows to boot], doesn't distract the team. It doesn't help when shareholders are calling for the dissolution of the F1 venture too. Perhaps this explains why Mercedes are holding back on signing the new Concorde Agreement. Is this where VW move in to F1?

I will mention that, in terms of safety the new venues are unparalleled. I hear from my friends in Monaco that a lot of improvement work has been going on all winter to make that hallowed ground a lot safer to negotiate. Personally, I would like to see the FIA staying well clear of holding races in volatile political environments. Whatever they do, they are damned. Holding Sunday's race looks to support the regime in Bahrain while a withdrawal would have the opposite effect. For me, it would be better for the FIA to tell FOM that such fixtures were untenable. There is no better protection than that.

Seems Button, Schumi & Webber have opted for low tire-wear set ups. Don't know why else they'd be this far behind their teammates.

Preserving their tyres for when they have to leave the circuit. :D

FP2: A pity Schumi's hot lap was ruined by traffic. Seemed to me he was on his way to setting the fastest time - he'd set the fastest time in Sector 1 (29.4 seconds).

Surprised to see RBR doing well here.

To hell with Force India.

Well people, I have decided to return this weekend. However I will not be watching this particular race because it should not be happening in my opinion? Anyone else not going to be watching?

On a random topic, I noticed on the F1 website the other day the circuit is back to the old layout? Why did they change it back? Did they realise that horrible section after turn 4 was horrific?

Well people, I have decided to return this weekend. However I will not be watching this particular race because it should not be happening in my opinion? Anyone else not going to be watching?

Welcome back. Very admirable to mirror your actions with your views like that.

On a random topic, I noticed on the F1 website the other day the circuit is back to the old layout? Why did they change it back? Did they realise that horrible section after turn 4 was horrific?

The "new" layout in 2010 was meant to commemorate (spelling? word?) an anniversary of some sort.

"Just cause you feel it, does'nt mean it's there"

RadioHead

Great strategy by Merc! "Look, we saved a full set of tires! Oh, yeah, we lost a 7 times WDC in the process which you might think its kind of wrong but...we saved a full set of tires!! Yehawww! Give me five Michael! Michael?"