Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Massa

Indianapolis 500

I'm glad you did that as a moderator and not me. Now you've overtaken me! Damnit.

Newgarden slowest of the lot so far.

I could merge all of Eric's post into one post....then we'll beat him easy :P

Desperate? Wait, that's harsh, but only us three read this so he'll never find out shhh!

Power back out. Not looking to be a pole run. Twenty minutes to go.

Found another one. Power on track with two minutes to go. Currently fifth. And now I'm getting an idea how depressed Eric must have got here talking to himself...

Briscoe is on pole! Good for him. Hinchcliffe and Hunter-Reay will join him on the front row.

Found another one. Power on track with two minutes to go. Currently fifth. And now I'm getting an idea how depressed Eric must have got here talking to himself...

Yeah, but he doesn't really notice that, what with all his "problems" and stuff....

Poor lad...though I supposed we shouldn't laugh at those less fortunate than ourselves that are not mentally complete...it's not his fault

:P

And you weren't completely on your own; I was just busy talking with a fellow FFord guy via email...my engine let go yesterday when I was track testing...knickity knock knock knock byebye.gifblackorange2.gif

Haha I'm making no comment. He's a moderator. I'm scared ever since he edited my post in my topic waaaah it is so unfair he's a big bully. :(

Ouch. Sounds expensive. Hope you get it fixed up soon.

I was watching on TV. I only live-post things that I watch on the Internet. I only watch things on the Internet that I can't watch on TV. The more you know. :P

Plus let's just say the guys in the shootout aren't exactly my nine favorites. ;)

Brunette with Hinchcliffe is cute

(bah...now I sound like Jay!)

That's his sister. I only know that because fat old Robin Miller hit on her.

Have to say Ryan Briscoe's time seems impossibly fast. James Hinchcliffe let his inability to close anything bite him. Though in my fantasy world it was my rooting against him that made him slide off four. :P

I was also surprised that Hinchcliffe wasn't in line at the end. I know they sent Will Power out as a block, but the fact they weren't even in line says they just didn't think they had anymore.

Briscoe's a good guy, not someone I really support or anything, but good for him. He needs redemption because I can think of a few drivers out there that Roger would have a hard time justifying Briscoe over...but not if Briscoe had an Indy 500 championship. Which he doesn't, and which pole doesn't guarantee by any means.

Still wouldn't count out the Honda guys on race day once the engines go back to normal. Also wouldn't count out a few engine failures over a 500-mile oval race, from all three suppliers, though Lotus will park before they get to let go.

And that assumes no Bump Day Specials. I'm diving for rumors of those as we speak...or as I talk to myself... :P

Also, something I wondered while watching the broadcast:

You technically bump out, if there were bumping, the slowest car in the field, not the lowest classified. So if someone from today is slower than someone tomorrow, too bad, you're bumped from 24th, not 33rd.

Now, it's not going to happen, I understand that, there won't be bumping in all likelihood but what I need someone to explain to me is how Tony Kanaan and E.J. Viso are safe. Their official time should be 000.000 mph because that is what they did in their final session after times were cleared for the shootout. Viso and Kanaan should be bumped theoretically over anyone else. But they wouldn't be, even if there were 34+ cars, so why is that? Why why why why why that's not in the rules that's not okay I'm upset. :P

I was watching on TV. I only live-post things that I watch on the Internet. I only watch things on the Internet that I can't watch on TV. The more you know. tongue.png

Plus let's just say the guys in the shootout aren't exactly my nine favorites. wink.png

That's his sister. I only know that because fat old Robin Miller hit on her.

That sounds like she is available then.....wheres my passport again???? :P

Also, something I wondered while watching the broadcast:

You technically bump out, if there were bumping, the slowest car in the field, not the lowest classified. So if someone from today is slower than someone tomorrow, too bad, you're bumped from 24th, not 33rd.

Now, it's not going to happen, I understand that, there won't be bumping in all likelihood but what I need someone to explain to me is how Tony Kanaan and E.J. Viso are safe. Their official time should be 000.000 mph because that is what they did in their final session after times were cleared for the shootout. Viso and Kanaan should be bumped theoretically over anyone else. But they wouldn't be, even if there were 34+ cars, so why is that? Why why why why why that's not in the rules that's not okay I'm upset. tongue.png

That's just like Q3 in F1 I guess. Top 9 are locked in are they not? And when, ever, has a car running 34 and up ever got into the top 9 thereafter?

Provisional lineup:

Briscoe - Hinchcliffe - Hunter-Reay

Andretti - Power - Castroneves

Newgarden - Kanaan - Viso

Barrichello - Tagliani - Rahal

Beatriz - Kimball - Dixon

Franchitti - Jakes - Hildebrand

Sato - Bell - Wilson

Jourdain - Pagenaud - Saavedra

25 - 26 - 27

28 - 29 - 30

31 - 32 - 33

How it will actually look on race day:

Briscoe

Hinchcliffe

Hunter-Reay

Andretti

etc. :P

That's just like Q3 in F1 I guess. Top 9 are locked in are they not? And when, ever, has a car running 34 and up ever got into the top 9 thereafter?

Never...because this is the first year anyone has not set a time in the Shootout.

But the rule states: the slowest qualified car, regardless of position, is bumped from the field.

However, when you bump in, I believe you bump into 33rd regardless of speed but you are not on the bubble unless you are the slowest car (so the slowest car could be ahead). But now I'm not sure...maybe you can bump in as high as 25th...but no, you wouldn't start any better than 25th, I know that, you can't start better than 25th...but you can knock out anyone qualified anywhere as long as that driver is the slowest qualified car, and technically, Kanaan and Viso are, but noooooo, let's make the rules messy, I say Kanaan and Viso are on the bubble...

My point being: someone would bump into 33rd, but they would knock Viso out of the field if the rules were applied the way they were written.

It doesn't matter anyway because we don't have more than 33 cars and I doubt we will.