Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Massa

Mexico Race Thread

You know there's a race this weekend.

And a U.S. American doing FP1 for Caterham! It's a joyous weekend. Here's a thrilling video of him that really highlights an exciting new personality as he breaks into the sport.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/videos/2161/alex-rossi-all-set-for-f1-practice/

At the moment, it looks to be very cool on Sunday (a big drop in temperature from Sunday), with a threat of rain.

But the bigger threat, of course, is that France is all Communist now. France is pretty close to Spain. I'm pretty nervous about sending F1 drivers there this weekend. I hope they stay safe.

I'm trying to think of things to say about this race. But I can't. It's not a very good track. Entertain me.

How very dare you! The track is in Europe and by definition that means that it is one of the best tracks F1 visits!!!! tongue.png

I do wish they'd take that sh*tty last chicane out though. It looks stupid on TV and is annoying to drive on F1 '11, so I can't imagine how clumsy and frustrating a corner it is in real life. Before then the last corner was brilliant.

If it rains this clearly means Michael Schumacher will win by a minute with his car stuck in one gear and then it'll be cool and we can pretend it's 1996 again and that Michael Schumacher can show that no good Kimi Raikkonen what for! tongue.png

After watching that clip I'm thankful I live in Britain, even with Sky. Sorry.

Once upon a time I read my post and realized I said Sunday's temperature will be a big drop off from Sunday's temperature.

I give up.

You know, I hope Rossi doesn't run Friday and they put Kovalainen in a car. I don't think I want Americans to find out about F1.

MQh89.png

Then again, there are a few MotoGP riders and races and yet one wonders about Valentino Rossi:

05Pnk.png

American's and Formula 1....next there'll be an American thinking the Spanish GP is in Mexico.....

American's and Formula 1....next there'll be an American thinking the Spanish GP is in Mexico.....

Next they'll be thinking there should be an American F1 team!

Next they'll be thinking there should be an American driver!

Next they'll be thinking there should be TWO American races!

I'm joking.

I think you'll find ignorance everywhere about F1, even here in Britain. The number of times I've heard people make stupid comments about F1...actually, I probably make a lot of stupid comments about footbore, so it evens out.

Weather's looking dry for all three days, though still cooler on Sunday than the other two.

I guess the big thing to watch will be Ferrari and if they made any gains. Like every other race, it's an anyone but Vettel weekend for me.

Weather's looking dry for all three days, though still cooler on Sunday than the other two.

I guess the big thing to watch will be Ferrari and if they made any gains. Like every other race, it's an anyone but Vettel weekend for me.

Anything but him. Also hope Mclaren are competitive. Don't have to win, just be there until the end at least.

Who has turned into the weather man now then? tongue.png

On the basis that you very rarely see a wet race that doesn't feature either a long safety car period or a lengthy red flag stoppage, I guess it is best for everyone if it remains dry...

F1 Fanatic reporting increasing chance of rain for the race:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012/05/10/2012-spanish-grand-prix-weather/

:lol: This race is so uninteresting with absolutely zero stories heading into it I've resorted to checking the weather.

Wonder if Ecap is going? *hounds him on Facebook*

Hope Meh-hee-koh turns out to be a classic. (JB win, Vet 2nd after being forced into a mistake - oh yeah, THAT ALREADY HAPPENED AHAHAH)

Hope Meh-hee-koh turns out to be a classic. (JB win, Vet 2nd after being forced into a mistake - oh yeah, THAT ALREADY HAPPENED AHAHAH)

E.P.I.C.

Fernando fastest in P1 - too early to say Alonso will win this weekend? tongue.png

Not too early, I have him pickeddam.gif

I have no idea what they're talking about or what they're saying. :(

I didn't watch practice but it was a huge disappointment for me to see the Soviet Union nearly a full second up on the good guys. :(

:( :( :(

Dry race guaranteed for Sunday. I guess we'll really see where everyone is. I think Red Bull have it over everyone right now. Red Bull, McLaren, Lotus, Ferrcedes. But what do I know?

HRT getting ready to set fire to the (Na)rain. Driver change may be in their future. Same with a name change. I say don't mess with Karthikeyan.

PfVDK.png

Button quickest in P2. Also, this from yesterday:

I'd heard about that, thanks for posting. I love the second top comment on it :lol:

I have no idea what they're talking about or what they're saying. sad.png

Basically Alonso was particularly vocal on his team radio after Rosberg used his defensive tactics in the last race at Bahrain.

Re Monza last year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7BYjXT9E4Q

Apparently Sebastian wasn't too happy with Alonso's move after the race.

Not the best video of it, but the only one I can find...