Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHS18

80Th Running Of The Grand Prix D'endurance

Corvette on-board and garage cam...also appears that the "Le Mans Live" section will stream the actual race when SPEED goes off-air to show NASCAR qualifying. http://stream.speedtv.com/corvette

Of course the IndyCar race is on EXACTLY when SPEED stops showing Le Mans so my plan to watch one with the other during commercials has been thwarted and now I have no idea what I'm doing anymore. :P

I'm assuming the race ends tomorrow 9 AM my time, which is 2 PM James time, which is 3 PM French time? Can you confirm that? I'd like to see the end.

Yep, Eric, that is exactly right. Ends 3pm French tim, 2pm UK time. What time it is for Craig, I've no idea. :P

Just a shameless plug as well - from 7pm UK time I won't be around as much. I'll be helping a site I write at out with hourly updates.

Working through Le Mans...it'll be like I'm at the track! :P

The huge Aston Martin/Corvette dog-fight in GTE Pro is allowing the #51 car in third place to close in. Stand by for fireworks.

Interestingly as well, the Toyotas are slowly closing in on the leading Audis. They're quicker than them at this stage in the race.

More problems for Audi. The #2 comes into the pits and is wheeled back into its box. It isn't going completely smoothly for the German marque right now. Only the #1 car has not been delayed.

Kristensen reporting the suspension felt strange - Audi checked it out of precaution but it doesn't seem anything was amiss. Still - it was enough to drop it to fifth.

Milner and Turner have found each other on the track again. This is going to run and run for the full 24 hours...

#99 in the barrier at Porsche Curves. Meanwhile, the first official retirement of the race is the #29 after a crash earlier.

There's an extra NASCAR practice this evening which means SPEED won't be showing Le Mans on TV. speed.com/corvette has live race coverage (the actual race) right now for the next 90 minutes if anyone needs a stream.

Saw a bit...Toyota's hanging in there.

Scott Pruett, the commentator for SPEED and some guy who has raced some things in his life, admits on air that Corvette Racing, when he drove for them (he drove for Corvette? WHAT?) gave him money to carry with him while driving and use to bribe the corner workers if needed (i.e. if he walked too far from his car, or wanted his car pushed out first in a multi-car incident). :lol:

The two Toyotas got to within 3 seconds of the lead Audi before they pitted. We have a race on our hands.

Whilst the race is under a safety car, there's time to debate this.

Is the Am class a bad idea?

It has raced at Le Mans in two years. Both years, there has been a serious crash caused by an Am car. Last year Rockenfeller, this year Davidson. Not a good statistic.

I'm all for allowing gentlemen drivers and rich amateurs having a go - but when they're potentially a danger to other drivers on a track that is dangerous anyway - you're asking for trouble.

I'm not sure what the solution is.

Problems at the restart! Traffic chaos results in the remaining Toyota sending the Deltawing into the wall at the exit of the Porsche Curves.

The Toyota recovered to the pits with body work damage. The order is now #1. #2 and #7 now dropped a fair distance behind.

Now Toyota have it all to do again.