Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHS18

80Th Running Of The Grand Prix D'endurance

You mean having Wang Chung music in the background wasn't going to help? :P

Audi #2 isn't out...live timing just got confused. We still have four Audi R18s out there.

I wish my car's headlights are as good as the Audi's

Anthony Davidson did fracture his back it would seem.

I wish my car's headlights are as good as the Audi's

Hell, the tail lights and brake lights on that Rebellion are stronger than my low beams.

Audi just picking off other P1s down the straight. That car is awesome. I don't like seeing it win, but wow, what a car. I'm really interested to see how a diesel LMP2 goes against gasoline LMP1s next year.

I'm off for now. Better for the thread to have me gone...addition by subtraction because I have absolutely nothing to add as someone who knows nothing other than these cars are fast and it's dark and I'm impressed. :P

I just want to go to bed early so I can be up for the final hour or two.

Fassler in the #1 spun at the Porsche curves. Audi E-Tron #2 is in the lead now

The Eurosport commentary team sound like Frank Williams and Michael Gambon having a chat. Bizzarely entertaining.

Safety car out. #75 Porsche crashed at its namesake curves

#97 Aston stopped on track. Mucke trying to restart

Really awesome dawn rising over La Sarthe

Safety car coming in. Racing begins in the new light of day

At least Ant is alive. Just seen shunt pics on the BBC - horrific

Audi #2 isn't out...live timing just got confused. We still have four Audi R18s out there.

"Out" on the timing screens means "leaving the pit lane" :P

Just rejoined the action in time to see the #2 and #3 Audis crash and the Safety Car come out. Whaaaaat?!

Recent Audi dramas:

Gene goes off in a near identical accident to Dumas yesterday, whilst McNish goes off seconds later at the Porsche Curves. The #2 didn't receive much damage and is already back out on track, the #3 is still in its garage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLgRHPRpZ6c&feature=g-u-u

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD4SN__N5Jw&feature=g-u-u

And the #3 is ready to go now as well, but it is no longer an Audi 1-2-3-4, the #12 Rebellion is now back in fourth.

New fastest lap by McNish. Can he catch the #1 with only one hour fifteen minutes left? Seems like the Audis are allowed to race.

#12 Rebellion setting its fastest lap too. It'll be hoping something goes wrong (again) with one of the Audis in front.

As expected, but no less dramatic. Kudos to Starworks, AF Corse and the GT Am Corvette. Inspirational.

I've really enjoyed it. On the paper, a predictable result - but really, this has still been an exciting race right to the end. How ironic that on the first year Peugeot don't turn up, Audi suffers problems at some stage with every one of their cars.

Great job by Toyota too. Sure, they didn't get either car to the end of the race, but still, they did a better job than anyone ever thought they would. No-one thought they'd even get to lead a lap, but they did. For a time they were really there. Had the crashes not happened, who knows what the result could have been? Clearly they were fast enough and had made less driver errors up to that point...but it is hard to speculate.

Plus Toyota earn my respect for something else too. Maybe it is just the different culture that sportscar racing is to F1...but Nakajima and the boss of Toyota motorsport went to Deltawing and apologised. They stayed to the end out of respect for the job Audi had done. They didn't have to do either of those things.

Audi deserved it though. Not their cleanest race by any stretch of the imagination, but they got the job done. They saw all 4 cars to the end. They just get it done, whether it is with just one car getting to the end one year, or getting all four to the end another.

Big respect to Rebellion too. After the financial problems Lola has had, what better way to advertise the potential Lola cars have with best of the privateers in fourth place? Brilliant.

Starworks...I'm going to need an exact count on their total number of staff because I don't think it's much...good for Peter.

DeltaWing...there's a lot of talk about its future and I hope wherever it goes, it makes IndyCar and Ford feel bad for turning it down. Classy of Kaz Nakajima and the Toyota gang to go apologize to them. It's an exciting project and I'm glad they went out there, beat the target time, beat some P2s in qualifying, and proved a lot of "HOW DOES IT TURN" people wrong (it actually had more issues going straight than turning :P).

Le Mans...I didn't see a single pass for position and somehow managed to enjoy it anyway. Pretty cool race.

Audi...incredible what they've done, and now with a hybrid.

You guys...thanks for keeping me informed because I really had no idea how to keep track of anything myself (guys Audi #2 is OUT of the race ;)). :lol: