Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHS18

80Th Running Of The Grand Prix D'endurance

Damn James got a post in there before I did...you better think of something more to say Jimmy so you can have the last word in your thread.

I think, honestly, even I can't put a race like Le Mans into words.

Just look at Toyota. One minute they're clapping and cheering at seeing one of their cars take the lead, half on the grass...the next, they've got their head in their hands wondering what has happened to Davidson...

That's the beauty of the race. One minute it all seems to be going so well, and then the next it isn't. That's what makes Audi's achievements here all the greater, that they're able to rebound from problems so easily. Look at how they got their cars turned around in less than ten minutes after two ended up in the barriers in the space of a few moments.

When Peugeot announced they wouldn't be racing, we all knew that last year's Le Mans would be hard to beat. That was a race in a generation type thing. But still - this year's was still great. And with a stonger Toyota next year, with three cars, more experience, more reliability, Porsche's new LMP1 just around the corner...I can't wait till next year!

You said it, James. It was great. I can't believe I have to wait a year for the next one. Hope Toyota brings at least 3 cars next year.

And as an occasional follower of the Japanese Super GT, it is a cultural thing and they do take these things seriously.

I've been waiting for a picture to emerge that will help bring this thread to a natural conclusion. This is that picture.

165888_10151865118545192_1324367484_n.jpg

Thank you Le Mans. Next year I'm determined to be there to see it all in person.

I'm not a Le Mans 24 fan as such - I have been but got p**sed and slept for most of the race. Perhaps you lot can explain something to me. Ant was clearly driven into by a back marker. Is this not an issue for the stewards? is it being investigated?

Not really as although the Am class car took the Toyota out of the race, he also took himself out of the race too. So there's nothing really to penalise when that's the case.

Besides, Le Mans has never been as bad as F1 in terms of dishing out penalties. As discussed earlier, in multi class racing where the speed differential between cars is so great, these things can and do sometimes happen.

Last year Robert Kauffman got black flagged for taking Mike Rockenfeller out of the race, but in all the time I've been watching the race, that was the harshest penalty I can recall that has been given out for an on track incident.

I'll probably start a thread in a few days about sportscar racing, for news as well as analysis for what happened to the race. The world of sportscars is a busy place at the moment so there's plenty to discuss.

Yeah, I'm intrigued by the whole LeMans class. Be nice to get into something new.