Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gilles V.

Can Schumacher Beat Nico?

I never liked MS because of his lack of sportsmanship on the track. But now, for some strange reason, I find myself wanting him to succeed (as long as he does not pull any his customary dangerous stunts) or at least give a good opposition to Nico, but I do not think he can beat him in the long run. Nico should come out on top IMO. What do you think?

In a race? Yeah. Over the season? Doubt it. He lost a lot of ground in China. Rosberg might put in a string of retirements, of course, and that would change it, and there's definitely time, but I just don't think so. Rosberg and Schumacher, I suspect, are both going to be very hit-or-miss all year. The Mercedes is a weird car.

Things can always change but as it stands it doesn't look like Schumacher has the pace to beat Nico over the season, or even to beat him by exploiting other areas, like the ability to drive on raw eggs. So I don't think he will win the points battle, especially since he retired from a race which Nico won, and Mercedes may not achieve such a good result again. It'd be nice for him to win number 92, but it'll probably take quite a few other drivers running into trouble so it would likely be a freak result.

Michael has had a strange start to the season. If Michael had nit experienced such bad luck, I don't think there would be much in it, even with Nico's win. Nico will no doubt win the long game. Michael will be on the podium this year, of that I am in no doubt.

I never liked Britney, I never liked Mercedes. I only like MSC because he is old and harmless.

So, yes MSC will beat Britney. And he will beat Mercedes... :unsure:

I never liked MS because of his lack of sportsmanship on the track. But now, for some strange reason, I find myself wanting him to succeed (as long as he does not pull any his customary dangerous stunts) or at least give a good opposition to Nico, but I do not think he can beat him in the long run. Nico should come out on top IMO. What do you think?

In the past, I could never see myself cheering for MS due to his seemingly total disrespect for other drivers but I now, I too find myself actually wanting him to win. Maybe its because his driving style has toned down to due to his age or, more likey, its because he and I are aging and I find myself routing for "the older guy".

In the past, I could never see myself cheering for MS due to his seemingly total disrespect for other drivers but I now, I too find myself actually wanting him to win. Maybe its because his driving style has toned down to due to his age or, more likey, its because he and I are aging and I find myself routing for "the older guy".

It's an age and underdog thing. You know you have reached this point when you start rooting for Tom instead of Jerry :lol:

Schumi should out-do Nico from time to time, but I doubt over the course of the season.

Sad to think what China could have brought if not for the Merc pit crew.