Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHS18

Monaco

Anyone know who were strong during the wet today (Thursday)?

No idea but apparently rain was not consistent over the whole track, with some dry patches so it wouldn't be much of a hint of teams/drivers true performance on a wet qualy/race.

Anyone know who were strong during the wet today (Thursday)?

Despite going off, Perez was consistently the quickest in the wet conditions apparently.

now this just oozes coolness

Missed this; just found out and thought nobody had mentioned it. I should have known you would tongue.png Kimi's design is very cool indeed this weekend.

Unclear what this story will develop into yet, but a "suspect package" in the Monaco paddock has been dealt with by a bomb disposal team. http://www.bbc.co.uk...rmula1/18201521

If I get blown up by terrorists I will be literally furious.

A suspect package? It could be a number of things;

1. Red Bull's font wing

2. Hamilton's trouser bulge

3. Maldonado's braces being linked magnetically to the Renault KERS system giving an extra 340bhp.

It's unlikely to be anything explosive. The only thing that has bombed is Massa.

Unclear what this story will develop into yet, but a "suspect package" in the Monaco paddock has been dealt with by a bomb disposal team. http://www.bbc.co.uk...rmula1/18201521

Heard about it but it happened here before too. People leave bags and stuff when they are tipsy etc, etc. I don't think anyone is overly concerned. Actually, I wasn't sure my posts were getting through. I'm using a VPN tunnel on my iPad so I can watch iPlayer and Sky Go while I'm here but TotalF1 crashes sometimes. I'll work it out. Weather update: Wet quail - dry but cloudy race. Mayhem, I think.

Williams and their famous exploding KERS.... :P

Missed this; just found out and thought nobody had mentioned it. I should have known you would tongue.png Kimi's design is very cool indeed this weekend.

Has anybody told Kimi they have put the wrong name on?? :whistling:

Latest weather update. Just for Eric because I know he loves reading about the weather secretly. tongue.png

Tomorrow morning is expected to start off dry with some sunny spells in the morning but also some cloud around. Convective energy forecasts show that the daily build-up of showers is likely to get going earlier than we have seen over the past two days and there is just a slight chance that final practice could be wet. Personally, I expect conditions to be dry but becoming increasingly cloudy towards the end of the 60-minute session. This would give the teams a window to work on some long runs and then perhaps leave it a little later than normal to switch onto Pirelli’s supersoft compound.

Qualifying is the big one as far as weather is concerned and we have been banging the drum on this since the initial maps were released on Monday. Showers remain in the forecast for the knockout session. Working out the likely grid order has become nigh on impossible in dry conditions in 2012 – let alone with some rain thrown in – so anything could happen. Air temperature will struggle to reach 18 Celsius during the afternoon, while a light southerly breeze will continue to come in off the Mediterranean.

Race day is looking a little drier, but maintaining the same theme. There will be some sunny spells in the morning, but again it will turn more cloudy through the afternoon, with a risk of showers remaining in place for the race itself – but it is no more than 50/50 at the moment. Air temperature will continue in the teens, with a maximum of just 17 degrees.

In summary, we have a showery scenario over the next couple of days and the teams that think on their feet better strategically will come off better. It should be fascinating.

Every time you quote that weather stuff without linking back to the source, I'm going to quote one of your blog posts without linking back to your site. No traffic for you. tongue.png

Nah, kidding, I won't do that, but seriously, let's not be lazy with citations of these fine pieces about a topic you know I am so very interested in. Everyone should strive to remember to put a link back to everything they quote from outside this forum. smile.pngwink.png

Grosjean has posted second fastest times in both FP1 and FP2 - I know practices aren't anything to get excited about, but still - the boy seems on it.

Maldonado with a ten place grid penalty for deliberate contact in FP3...from hero to zero.

Red flag. Perez hits the wall at the swimming pool. Possible steering problem.

An aftermath of his previous contact with Maldonado. A pity.

Kimi...geez, are you tying to kill me? Barely passed through to Q2 on options at the last minute! It's going to be a stresful qualy!

Gutted that Schumi has the fastest time yet has a 5 place grid penalty for a crash that wasn't his fault!!

1. Fernando Alonso has two eyebrows. They are thick, but they are not connected. It is therefore not a mono- or unibrow.

2. WHERE'S YOUR MASSA SUCKS AT MONACO NOW?!

3. Congratulations to Mark Webber, winner of the 2012 Monaco Grand Prix.