Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Insider

Can Anyone Help Jenson?

Off to Nice tonight but I thought it might be good to start a new topic off before I go. I'll have some thing to read then!

Can you help Jenson Button? Came second in the WDC last year but despite two DNFs, a win in Oz and a 2nd in China, the boy seems entirely unhappy with his lot, not least the tyres.

If you were Martin Whitmarsh what would you be thinking? Even if you weren't..........suggestions anyone?

If the main problem are the Pirellis it could change depending on the compounds. I think he's been a bit unlucky and looks a bit frustrated. Amazingly, Hamilton's been clearly unlucky and looks more relaxed than ever, he looks a totally different driver and personality.

Monaco is just 6th race of the season. Button might win there or get a very good result and then everything would change. Unexpectedly you think the Pirellis should be an advantage for him as you have to race looking after the tires but, as FA said, the season is strange.

Jenson's a big boy now. I'm sure as a Formula One World Champion he is in the best position to sort out his problems, not us...

:P

Get the pucks deep and win battles along the boards...

No wait...

Uh...

I still can't figure out 2012 Formula One and what you need to do to win or how you need to drive, quite honestly. I'm of no use to Jenson or any other driver. Except for Felipe Massa. I can help Massa. I'd tell him to retire.

What James said.

Jenson has been very disappointing this year. He can't complain about the tires if he behaves like them. His windows of performance is too narrow. He can win a race and look completely lost even with the best car under him.

Hi his main problem is LH, who now has learn to better save his tire and can win on almost any track. JB'ssetting problem I'm sure will be fixed by Monaco and he and Louis will fight it out, and I'm not sure it is going to be friendly for the rest of the year as the race bwtween the two tightens up. Team order at a certain point? I think this could be another of JB's problem since I think LH is the better driver.

I don't think Jenson is struggling in isolation, therefore to single him out as someone who in need of help is a bit unfair and a little misleading. If I knew about the complexities of how these tyres affect the way a driver reacts, I would tell you all. Unfortunately I don't, neither does Jenson, or indeed the majority of the rest of the field.

Of all the drivers, when an answer emerges, I bet it's Jenson who'sone of the first to find it.

The others who think they do understand, are lying.

I don't think Jenson is struggling in isolation, therefore to single him out as someone who in need of help is a bit unfair and a little misleading. If I knew about the complexities of how these tyres affect the way a driver reacts, I would tell you all. Unfortunately I don't, neither does Jenson, or indeed the majority of the rest of the field.

Of all the drivers, when an answer emerges, I bet it's Jenson who'sone of the first to find it.

Now this is wisdom...lovely stuff!

i could help him, but it will cost him, or mclaren could just fire lewis and sign kovalainen, like they did in 2008 for lewis.

i could help him, but it will cost him, or mclaren could just fire lewis and sign kovalainen, like they did in 2008 for lewis.

Zing.

I can think of nothing better when I am having lunch on the roof of the Fairmont Monaco than to answer a post from my mate, Steve. cool22.gif

Seriously, it was not my intention to single JB out as such. He just seems to be complaining more than most, that's all. I agree that the tyre issue has everyone foxed. That's certainly the buzz here, where we will see the supersoft compound for the first time this season. If any compound would suit Jens this could be it, especially as it is the only compound that hasn't changed since last year. Also, tyre wear is not an issue at Monaco usually. Unfortunately, the forecast is for rain on Sat and Sun. Most of the locals agree. The fastest man on a wet compound may be the pole sitter. If the heavens do open, then the Marshals will be busy round here.

Don't know about Jenson being the first one to find an answer, but I agree with the rest. This season is a lottery.

During the last race, JB had problem way behond the tires. His car was undrivable because of bad adjustments. He might not have found the problem yet. LH had no such problems.

During the last race, JB had problem way behond the tires. His car was undrivable because of bad adjustments. He might not have found the problem yet. LH had no such problems.

At the moment, a cloud passing over the sun can alter the Pirelli's operating window. They are way beyond a 'challenge'. I would say that if five races in, the best brains in motorsport can't figure them out, then maybe Pirelli need to make alterations. JB's balance problems seem to be a permanent achilles heel for him but he is perhaps more fickle than most of his contemporaries and this year's Pirellis have made his situation much worse.

Right, but then again, they are all on the same tyres, so his problem are hard to explain given that he is such a good driver.

At the moment, a cloud passing over the sun can alter the Pirelli's operating window. They are way beyond a 'challenge'. I would say that if five races in, the best brains in motorsport can't figure them out, then maybe Pirelli need to make alterations. JB's balance problems seem to be a permanent achilles heel for him but he is perhaps more fickle than most of his contemporaries and this year's Pirellis have made his situation much worse.

That is precisely why it is the momento to stop complaining all the time about the tires. they do not favor anybody at present so you may vent your frustration during the week all you want, but come the race weekend is the moment to focus on how to make the most of what you have. And that is when Jenson is failing this year, much to my surprise. One thing nobody ever contested was that he was always mentally stronger than Lewis. it is strange to say the least to watch him losing the mind games with his team mate and I think his mood is affecting his performance. Even taking in account how much the tires can hamper a driver, and despite the horrible mistakes from Macca this year, he should have come out better than he did in the past races. After all the team mistakes, tire surprises and sheer bad luck, he just never seemed fired up or showing his best fighting spirit like last year.

Of all the usual suspects we could have imagined for this year (Webber, Vettel, Lewis, Alonso, Kimi and Jenson) he seems to be the one that is falling behind. Again, not talking about actual points, I am talking about attitude.

Bah, I don't know what I am talking about anymore.

That is precisely why it is the momento to stop complaining all the time about the tires. they do not favor anybody at present so you may vent your frustration during the week all you want, but come the race weekend is the moment to focus on how to make the most of what you have. And that is when Jenson is failing this year, much to my surprise. One thing nobody ever contested was that he was always mentally stronger than Lewis. it is strange to say the least to watch him losing the mind games with his team mate and I think his mood is affecting his performance. Even taking in account how much the tires can hamper a driver, and despite the horrible mistakes from Macca this year, he should have come out better than he did in the past races. After all the team mistakes, tire surprises and sheer bad luck, he just never seemed fired up or showing his best fighting spirit like last year.

Of all the usual suspects we could have imagined for this year (Webber, Vettel, Lewis, Alonso, Kimi and Jenson) he seems to be the one that is falling behind. Again, not talking about actual points, I am talking about attitude.

Yeah, a good post. A lot of it on the money, I believe.

The flip side of this of course is that it shows just how comfortable and confident Jenson is these days that he can publicly and very honestly show his troubles. Many other drivers would feel this could be a sign of weakness. Jenson, however is just being himself. We know already how strong he has become. He hasn't had a personality transplant in five races.

I can think of nothing better when I am having lunch on the roof of the Fairmont Monaco than to answer a post from my mate, Steve. cool22.gif

Sounds simply awful.

Enjoy.

The flip side of this of course is that it shows just how comfortable and confident Jenson is these days that he can publicly and very honestly show his troubles. Many other drivers would feel this could be a sign of weakness. Jenson, however is just being himself. We know already how strong he has become. He hasn't had a personality transplant in five races.

I agree. He has a WDC in his pocket, he figures he has plenty of time to grab another, he's with a top team and there is no reason to panic. He's harvested a huge amount of respect in the pit lane and feels safe.

Jenson's a world class driver and a former world champion. He'll get to grips with them eventually. The base package he has is clearly very strong and once he finds a way to work his tyres properly I feel he'll be threatening Lewis, Seb, and Fernando again.

Jenson's always been one to give a lot of feedback to his engineers, and is candid about it to the press

He'll find a solution in these few races