Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gilles V.

Has Hamilton Become As Good As Alonso?

Funny....Lewis and Fernando have moved on from 2007 (and I read that they even text each other)....but some of us havn't.

Nando deserved the win...made his own luck...

Lewis was stupid to race a driver like Maldanado with flat tyres....

Lewis drives with his heart, Alonso drives with his brains....

Lewis can never be as good as Alonso,

Alonso can never be as good as Lewis, both are different animals.

Well, well, well, look who's back! :P

Welcome back! Have fun with this guy! Although I don't think there is anything of much relevance that will come from all this! Makes for a fun reading piece, in any case.

Stay around.

It seems you didh't watch any of the 2007 races and didn't read a word I wrote...I feel tyred to write the same thing over and over...What was the clasification until the last race? Who was leading? Who played unfairly, changing the final calsification by using totally incorrect means with no punishment (as usual)? Or maybe in your opinion crashing into other pilot's car is a fair mean of compeating? Since when? Since we have Alonso in F1? Yes I know that many rules have been ignored in Alonso's benefit, but this I think in a prestigious race like F1 is intolerable. Can you respond these simple questions that I already responded in my former posts?

easy boy! I tell the same thing to my wife everyday: give me the same reasons and repeating the same thing once and once again doesn´t change my opinion. So you can write many times more... and I still think you are refering to schumi talking about crashes, don´t you?lmavfa.gif

Here at TF1 we have many disscussions but after many years we all learnt to repect other memebers´opinions and trying to avoid agressive comments. Humour is far better way to comunicate -read Andres´posts (The mischevious Bald Avenger)

By the way check out the 2007 WDC standings! (joke)

You did a good job waking up the forums but don´t over react, please!

Well this is my opinion, I have said many facts and put many questions that nobody replied about the treat Alonso always have received, and the treat for Hamilton, I think I'm not the only one that sees some not correct things in all this situation, when Hamilton in a classification session wins the pole position, but for not having brought his car in the pitlane he is punished to start 15 positions backwards (this IMO is equal to ruin his race) and when Alonso does the same in a real race nobody punishes him. There are many other things I can say but see no point of doing it, although all you see in my posts is ¨latin swindler¨. I don't feel guilty for respecting the real driving talent more than good strategists.

You need to read the rules and you´ll find the answer. Many driver since 1950 didn´t finished the victory lap. Is contemplated in the rules. Different case is after qualy; Nando, Mclaren and Hamilton knows that.

Well, well, well, look who's back! tongue.png

Stay around.

Is he the Abbas Gear we met some years ago?

He used to be very annoying. secret.gif

Not as annoying as me or that turbokick guy though. tongue.png

Is he the Abbas Gear we met some years ago?

He used to be very annoying. secret.gif

Not as annoying as me or that turbokick guy though. tongue.png

Yup, the one and only. And yes, he used to wind me up lots! But you must understand that he and Mike were the founding fathers of the Lewis cult. We got our scrapes but that does not mean he is not welcome!

After all, I am sure he now realizes that there is but one God, one Truth, one Nando, one Brow.

Wait a minute...is Maldonado a false God with his false Brow?

No, no, no...better yet:

Alonso has one brow. Maldonado has one brow. Alonso says his adversary is Lewis. Maldonado crashes with Lewis. No conspiracy theory about that? Come on, guys? Do I have to do everything myself???

Fear ye mortals, for the Monobrows will strike with great vengeance and furious anger upon ye! :ph34r:

turbokick: I don't recommend the posting style employed by a former member in which you only reply to one thread about one driver and accuse everyone else of bias and empty arguments without realizing the irony in doing so. The last time that happened, old Volatilis up and left...you will only frustrate yourself, and it's not because of the opinion you are expressing, it is how you're expressing it. Right now your argument is that Lewis Hamilton's 2012 form is illustrated by him leading the WDC prior to the final race of the championship and that Alonso's 2012 form is illustrated by him being third in the WDC prior to the same race. Your counter-argument to other posts is that we're ignoring the facts, that we're biased, that we're saying nothing at all, etc. I'm wasting my time at this point, but I hope somewhere in that you can see...hey, maybe we should try a different way to express the same opinion...

So, turbokick, I ask you: what are your thoughts on 2012, entirely independent of every previous year? What stands out to you about Hamilton's driving, Alonso's driving, anyone else's driving?

Jean Todt: Good post.

And FFS Alonso has always had two separate eyebrows! :P

And FFS Alonso has always had two separate eyebrows! tongue.png

True!!!

He's not what we call a monobrow in Spain so... eusa_think.gifermm.gifshakehead.gif

Ah, thanks for the Welcome Andres..Ive been lurking around....

may be I saw the light after I visited Maranello and test few Ferraris earlier this year... cool22.gif

Its okay to wind up another fan...but the tone used was a bit extreme even for a lewistric like me...

No Busty virgins for turbokick....

All da time you have to leave a space, okay?! :P

Ah, thanks for the Welcome Andres..Ive been lurking around....

may be I saw the light after I visited Maranello and test few Ferraris earlier this year... cool22.gif

Its okay to wind up another fan...but the tone used was a bit extreme even for a lewistric like me...

Bah, no harm done. I know you have been lurking around, and I bet more than once you must have read my posts thinking "geez, this guy can't be more up Nando arse without actually coming out from the other end"! And you would be right!

My tone was also a bit extreme. But respect has always been there.

Besides, like you said, "your" driver and "my" driver have both grown up and so did we. Well, actually just you. I keep getting younger and younger with each passing day. :whistling:

easy boy! I tell the same thing to my wife everyday: give me the same reasons and repeating the same thing once and once again doesn´t change my opinion. So you can write many times more... and I still think you are refering to schumi talking about crashes, don´t you?lmavfa.gif

Here at TF1 we have many disscussions but after many years we all learnt to repect other memebers´opinions and trying to avoid agressive comments. Humour is far better way to comunicate -read Andres´posts (The mischevious Bald Avenger)

By the way check out the 2007 WDC standings! (joke)

You did a good job waking up the forums but don´t over react, please!

Hey! What do you mean by "humour"? You people have been laughing at my posts all these years? Because I was being serious!

:dam:

Hello everybody, In first place I want to excuse me for my expression style, It never was my intention to hurt anybody but the truth is that when it comes to cars, racing and F1 my blood is boiling, that's the way I am... I respect everybody's opinion, and think that all we can like the pilots whose driving style is the most respetable and brilliant in our opinions, maybe I was a little too angry for the new Hamilton's ruined race in Sunday (because IMO this was what happened to him in Valencia) and expressed my self in a quite agressive way - it never was my intention to offend anyone, sorry.

Paz y amor.

You b...

C'mon tell us. Some pics. Who you met there? Etc.etc.etc...

Very welcome back!

This is cruelty man, I feel somehow harmed...

turbokick: I don't recommend the posting style employed by a former member in which you only reply to one thread about one driver and accuse everyone else of bias and empty arguments without realizing the irony in doing so. The last time that happened, old Volatilis up and left...you will only frustrate yourself, and it's not because of the opinion you are expressing, it is how you're expressing it. Right now your argument is that Lewis Hamilton's 2012 form is illustrated by him leading the WDC prior to the final race of the championship and that Alonso's 2012 form is illustrated by him being third in the WDC prior to the same race. Your counter-argument to other posts is that we're ignoring the facts, that we're biased, that we're saying nothing at all, etc. I'm wasting my time at this point, but I hope somewhere in that you can see...hey, maybe we should try a different way to express the same opinion...

So, turbokick, I ask you: what are your thoughts on 2012, entirely independent of every previous year? What stands out to you about Hamilton's driving, Alonso's driving, anyone else's driving?

Jean Todt: Good post.

Hello man, I'm sorry I can't answer to everybody, but I do not have so much time. You have asked me repetedly about how I see Hamilton's progression and his development, well, this is a serious question. First of all in my opinions he is the best pilot nowadays, he had the best debut, even his adversaries admit there was no other rukie that in the year of his debut to be able to do what Ham did - be the favourite for gaining the championship, I think there are no many to do this...I think if there is no so many ¨racing accidents¨ and stupid FIA sanctions he would gain the championship again (many times), we'll see...

True!!!

He's not what we call a monobrow in Spain so... eusa_think.gifermm.gifshakehead.gif

we call it ''Levi's brows'' here in Croatia cause they look like Levi's pocket stitch.naughty.gif

post-3582-0-65494000-1340733572_thumb.jp

Hello everybody, In first place I want to excuse me for my expression style, It never was my intention to hurt anybody but the truth is that when it comes to cars, racing and F1 my blood is boiling, that's the way I am... I respect everybody's opinion, and think that all we can like the pilots whose driving style is the most respetable and brilliant in our opinions, maybe I was a little too angry for the new Hamilton's ruined race in Sunday (because IMO this was what happened to him in Valencia) and expressed my self in a quite agressive way - it never was my intention to offend anyone, sorry.

Paz y amor.

Suddenly your posts are fading away.... I prefer the old fighting style!!!!!! Well welcome and don´t take life -and F1- too serious. Don't take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive... and Hamilton sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey! What do you mean by "humour"? You people have been laughing at my posts all these years? Because I was being serious!

dam.gif

Never! Only smiling sometimes....

we call it ''Levi's brows'' here in Croatia cause they look like Levi's pocket stitch. naughty.gif

post-3582-0-65494000-1340733572_thumb.jp

That's way too twisted!!! :ninja:

Do you have big tits? Because if the answer is "yes" I could ignore the fact you're not virgin...

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/22058/7840860/From-eleventh-to-first-How-Alonso-won-in-Valencia

There. An account of the race from Pete Gill at Skysports, hardly the most Alonsosteric of combinations. Please let me know what was lucky or inherited about that. I recommend to watch the moments described to fully enjoy a ballsy overtaker that is not Lewis giving a masterclass on how to make daring moves in the most twisted of circuits. And then he also had the strategy work for him. And then the perfect pitstops, and then the reliable car, and, lastly, luck giving the finishing touches.

Or, you can just dismiss all this and think this was a mere borefest with FIA and luck making a mediocre driver win to keep up the hype. All I can tell you is that I recall people doing the same kind of petty reasonings to support their favorite driver in the Prost/Senna ages and they ended up missing the marvelous driving of either one of those.

Being a fan is great. But if your fanaticism makes you focus on stupid theories to make your favorite driver THE driver and completely oblivious to other guys great drives, then you are not watching nor enjoying F1.F1 is plenty of drama and legends and history, but you can only enjoy it if you are open to its beauty. Too much passion is not enjoying, is a waste.

Bah....they are both featherweights in the pantheon of great drivers when you but compare them to Pedro de la Rosa....

Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't but Alonso is always, always giving his all. I think we can all agree on that and of course he can drive.

My imputs occurred only because of the title of this thread ¨Has became Hamilton as good as Alonso¨, which supposes that there is a difference in their pilot's levels that Hamilton has to fetch up and IMO this is not the real picture. It is impossible to reach somebody that you have beaten in the year of your debut - and yes without willing to bore someone will say that in 2007 Alonso entered in the last race (Brazil) with 103 points but finished 3 and thus his final score was 109 and Hamilton began the race with 107 points, but finished 7 (only due to Alonso's "companionship"), and he did better clasification also, and thus finally had 109 points. I don't think that on the subject of Alonso, Hamilton has something to improve to reach him because he is simply better and IMO this can be seen in almost every race situacion, when they are fighting side by side for a posicion, and that's why the name of the topic sounds some kind of false to me. Even this year Hamilton had periods he was leading in the clasification, until the final farce in Valencia he was the only pilot to have taken points in every race, IMO this pilot doesn't need to reach Alonso.

You b...

C'mon tell us. Some pics. Who you met there? Etc.etc.etc...

Very welcome back!

I had gone just for a visit...was hungry to drive something fast and I decided to treat myself with christmas bonus...Met, 458, 430 spyder, 355 and a lovely girl.