Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AleHop

Valencia, Es La Tierra De Las Flores...

Nobody cares? Really?

I know you're all excited but no-one wanted to start the topic.

I did it, now tell us.

There's no live TV coverage in my country, so I was hoping no one would make a thread so I'd have no chance of accidentally getting the result ruined. :P

The winner of this race will have the championship all to himself to lose. I expect the first repeat winner and that will be a huge statement for the points.

Valancia..yeah..woo..can't wait for this one.

If it's a repeat winner I think it will be Vettel. If it's not I think it will be Grosjean or Kimi. You heard it here first.

Let me know when it is the last lap, then I'll care. tongue.png

Why? The first lap will be the best one.

Because you get to see who won at the end, and that is all that really matters in terms of the championship, then we can move on to better tracks. :P

No, I'll probably flick between F1 and BTCC the entire afternoon. When I want more action, I'll stick BTCC on. When I want more sensible driving, I'll go back to F1. Easy. :D

Ok, maybe it's a bit too early for any excitement but this will be a historical Valencia GP. And probably the last one.

You don't want to miss it, do you? :P

They "could", just as I "could" fly to the moon tomorrow. But I won't, and that won't happen either. tongue.png

European races have a special flavor to me; may be because it is the birthplace of autoracing and they have a strong racing culture and history over there.

So I'm always happy when the European races begins and especially this year with the closest race in year to the driver title.

All teams are aware that the WDC race will probably be won by a very small margin and they will want to have both cars in the points. The pressure on Massa, Button and Shumacher is mounting and I suspect that Button will be back and might even win the race. Shumacher should also do well, as he always did on this track. Gut feeling: Fernando to win.

All teams are aware that the WDC race will probably be won by a very small margin and they will want to have both cars in the points. The pressure on Massa, Button and Shumacher is mounting and I suspect that Button will be back and might even win the race. Shumacher should also do well, as he always did on this track. Gut feeling: Fernando to win.

It's a good point, and it's sort of overlooked. Red Bull are leading the WCC right now, and it's all because of Mark Webber being a lot better than Massa and Button this year. If Button has a few more bad runs, it's not impossible to see Lotus holding second in the constructors', even if only briefly.

But that said, I expect Button and Massa somewhere in the points behind the winner Vettel and a few others.

Somehow, I don't see Vettel doing that good on this track. He has not proven to me that he can manage heavy traffic under pressure and make the necessary passes. He was too often alone in front.

I saw the opposite, in Australia, in China, and in Montréal to a lesser extent. Vettel might be the smoothest overtaker and trickiest defender out there these days.

Plus he's won the last two here.

I'll favor the pole-sitter, like I do any race, though.

Shumacher should also do well, as he always did on this track.

Huh? They've only been racing here since 2008, and Michael's only raced here twice since his comeback and has had difficult races both times.

Thank you for all these nice pictures AleHop. Much appreciated!

I see nobody cares about the European GP in Valencia so I'll try to give a bit of coverage.

Storm for Bernie in Valencia:

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2012/06/20/banker-admits-taking-corrupt-payments/

We'll have more than just F1 this weekend:

Huh? They've only been racing here since 2008, and Michael's only raced here twice since his comeback and has had difficult races both times.

Maybe he meant Schumacher at the EUROPEAN Grand Prix...he's done a few of those....

Alonso has home GP unfinished business from Catalunya. I would pip him for the win. Followed by Lewis who finishes here in 2nd place constantly. Vettel will be in the mix. Definite podium for either him or "Flipping over, down under" Mark.

Valencia seems like the sort of track Red Bull always does well in. Plenty of corners so good traction is essential. All i can hope is that they do many pitstops, so it help mitigates my urge to fall asleep in front of the TV.

Having said that, moments like these were sure awesome

That was so cool...where did Kubica come from?! I thought Button's outbraking was impressive but man, Kubica must have had one hell of a move there.

Maybe he meant Schumacher at the EUROPEAN Grand Prix...he's done a few of those....

as he always did on this track

That's what confused me. Maybe more at this race?

Whatever, I'm not going to let this decend into some English lesson, because I know I probably don't speak it the best either!