Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Official Mclaren Wtf Thread

I think Button will get back to speed sooner than later and he'll enjoy racing again. The WDC may be over for him and he might just have to help Hamilton and grab as many points as possible for the WCC but 2013 will be a new season and he'll be there in McLaren.

Hamilton, on the other hand, has been there since 2007. He won the title in 2008 but he wants more and he might get to think his career at McLaren is over. If he feels the team isn't up to the task he might say good bye. Problem is RB and Ferrari have no vacancies.

To be honest, I feel Lewis may head off to Mercedes. Schumi lucked in to a podium on Sunday and it was a joy to see but it doesn't tell the real story. Equally, I believe Ross would not be adverse to giving Jenson a seat either. I don't think he is driving badly but he's is struggling with an uncompetitive car and it's hard to keep your foot in and get your brake points right in that situation. Lewis is a karter in an F1 tub. He's picked up some finesse now but his basic style is an advantage in the current situation. Either way, I believe one of them will go and one will stay. Seriously, both of them would be better off in the second Williams at the moment! I have never seen McLaren so lacklustre and that can't continue. I just wish they'd stop talking themselves up and get on with sorting the car.

Plenty of teams haven't been "successful" for years, it doesn't automatically mean it's one person's fault. It seems too simplistic. I was looking for a better reason than "he's the new guy" and some actual evidence this is down to him :P I'm going to trust that perhaps Mclaren are smarter than hiring someone who is that terribly incompetent in such a high position (it's possible though), if he was so awful I would assume he would have that reputation in the paddock?

Plenty of teams haven't been "successful" for years, it doesn't automatically mean it's one person's fault. It seems too simplistic. I was looking for a better reason than "he's the new guy" and some actual evidence this is down to him tongue.png I'm going to trust that perhaps Mclaren are smarter than hiring someone who is that terribly incompetent in such a high position (it's possible though), if he was so awful I would assume he would have that reputation in the paddock?

Indeed.

I agree with JT above. Why is it being hung on Sam Michael's neck?

I think the cars are all really close which means underachieving is much easier than ever, and many of the teams underachieved to one extent or another, probably Lotus being the obvious example but Mclaren too and even Ferrari in a few races. I think even if all teams went racing perfectly this year you would not have a team dominating yet. Only Red Bull look in a position to dominate now with a (in the context of the season) huge advantage over everyone in Valencia. Obviously that advantage might disappear due to the.. curiosities.. of this season, but it does look ominous.

That, probably more than anything else, is the problem. In other seasons, the mistakes they have made would not have cost them anywhere near as dearly as it has this season.

That, probably more than anything else, is the problem. In other seasons, the mistakes they have made would not have cost them anywhere near as dearly as it has this season.

Looking back I am not so sure. Most races saw either McLaren or RBR having impressive pace above the others. I think the levelled field owes more to the differences in tire degradation which still seem difficult to predict and "unforced errors" or bad luck/mechanical gremlins more than cars actually performing at a similar level. The only car which seems consistently delivering as some sort of second best car is the Lotus. But at most races the car on top seemed to have a much faster pace than the rest, and the rest being bunched tightly together

Looking back I am not so sure. Most races saw either McLaren or RBR having impressive pace above the others. I think the levelled field owes more to the differences in tire degradation which still seem difficult to predict and "unforced errors" or bad luck/mechanical gremlins more than cars actually performing at a similar level. The only car which seems consistently delivering as some sort of second best car is the Lotus. But at most races the car on top seemed to have a much faster pace than the rest, and the rest being bunched tightly together

I just meant in previous seasons, the gap between the top 2/3 teams and the rest of the field was much larger, so anyone in the top 5, for example, who had a bad pit stop, could still come out ahead of the chasing pack. You may have dropped from 3rd to 5th or something, but nothing like this season where you can be in 3rd, have a normal pit stop and still come out 12th.

Every pit stop is being exaggerated due to the consequences, whereas in previous years it would not have been so costly and probably forgotten more easily.

Vanilla or chocolate?

FIA sanctioned Bird's Custard

Whats so amazing is how people can lynch a guy just because some armchair expert tweeted on bucket load of crap and the media picked it. This thing reminds me of the time when Badoer was sacked and replaced by Fifi, due to the media pressure, and it didn't work.I wonder if Todt (the real version of me) would have allowed it if he continued till the end of 2008...Fortunately for Sam, Mclaren would give a rats arse about a tweet....

Whats so amazing is how people can lynch a guy just because some armchair expert tweeted on bucket load of crap and the media picked it. This thing reminds me of the time when Badoer was sacked and replaced by Fifi, due to the media pressure, and it didn't work.I wonder if Todt (the real version of me) would have allowed it if he continued till the end of 2008...Fortunately for Sam, Mclaren would give a rats arse about a tweet....

What? You're not the real Jean? FFS!!!! Refund!!!

What? You're not the real Jean? FFS!!!! Refund!!!

You are so gullible! Har har har!

Of course he is not! I know this from a good source. Felipe Massa (who is also a mod here, go figure) told me via PM, and he surely must know better. Oddly, he then started telling me that he has all these millions he wants to invest and asked me for my credit card and a downpayment as proof of my good faith. Good old Felipe!

Of course he is not! I know this from a good source. Felipe Massa (who is also a mod here, go figure) told me via PM, and he surely must know better. Oddly, he then started telling me that he has all these millions he wants to invest and asked me for my credit card and a downpayment as proof of my good faith. Good old Felipe!

Looks like a good deal. Go for it..

No need to panic. They have two of the best drivers and are not out of it by any means. All team have ups and downs and it is better to have a down now than towards the end of the year. The car will improve as well as the pit stops. I'd wait a few races before I'd make any drastic changes. Remember this is the British GP and a foresee a British win.

No need to panic. They have two of the best drivers and are not out of it by any means. All team have ups and downs and it is better to have a down now than towards the end of the year. The car will improve as well as the pit stops. I'd wait a few races before I'd make any drastic changes. Remember this is the British GP and a foresee a British win.

Yeah, DiResta FTW!

What...that is also a Massa imposter? My whole world is crumbling around me. Please tell me though that you are at least a quiet one?

FIA sanctioned Bird's Custard

Well, if its got Birds in it, Hamilton won't be interested biggrin.png

Edit:

For overseas viewers, I may need to explain:

"Birds" was a popular brand of English custard.

A "bird" is also a slang name for a young lady.

You can work out the rest....

Vanilla or chocolate?

Oooh tough call. Chocolate I think.

Mind you would be fun if the tyre burst :)

Seriously, custard is made with cornflour which is a non-newtonian fluid, which solidifies under the application of force, could be an interesting filler for tyres as its properties would change under load....

Hmm

Dear Mr Todt,

I have a great idea.... :)

Dear Mr Todt,

I have a great idea....

Dear Mr Hamsterslater,

I suggest you contact Mr Ecclestone. He will welcome all those... Errr... fantastic ideas.

Todt

:P

biggrin.png

Dear Mr Toad

Thank you for your constructive suggestion; however I have already tried this and I think Mr Ecclestone got the wrong idea - we delivered a sample tyre, he just ate all the custard, asked when I had made it?

"2011" I replied. He retorted "Ah that's a Goodyear - sorry we only only use Pirellis...." and walked off....

Regards

Grab the Malletkiller

Silverstone race will show if the McL is going right direction, team was talking about so many improvements...

Quals did not show it's some real boost... BUT is lost and HAM is going to jump into top three?