Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dribbler

The 2012 British Grand Prix

I've had a gut feeling about Vettel winning the last two races. He didn't.

Says the guy who "hates" Vettel. :P j/k

Weather looks pretty awful for tomorrow. I very much doubt if the forecast is right whether there will be much running.

:lol:

Well the weatherman will be interested to know that the chance of rain is decreasing in the forecast as we get closer to it, and as the detailed hour-by-hour reports come out. I figure there will be some rain at some time in some session but I'm not sure it will be a fully wet weekend.

Anyway, Alonso thinks the Ferrari will be suited for Silverstone while Massa thinks it might be but might not be and doesn't really know. I guess Alonso's just a humble gentleman and doesn't want any credit for his success, and Massa doesn't want to look like a disappointment when the gap on the points table broadens even further.

That Batman movie will be partnered with Lotus this weekend. Another Lotus partner? Unilever (Rexona and CLEAR on the Lotus). Coinicidentally, Unilever also partners with Dale Earnhardt, Jr. in America (Degree, which is Rexona just rebranded in the States, Klondike, Hellmann's, Suave, all sorts of things). And, as it happens, the same Batman movie sponsored Dale Earnhardt, Jr. at Michigan a few weeks ago. Earnhardt won that race. My Grosjean prediction looks better and better...

Kimi for the win! If only to watch him dressed as Batman a la Coulthard/Superman at Monaco!

As for one only predicting wins for the drivers you support, thats total rubbish.

My podium for this weekend:

1.- Liuzzi

2.- Alonso

3.- Mike Mercury

laugh.png

Well the weatherman will be interested to know that the chance of rain is decreasing in the forecast as we get closer to it, and as the detailed hour-by-hour reports come out. I figure there will be some rain at some time in some session but I'm not sure it will be a fully wet weekend.

Never thought I'd read that in relation to British weather. tongue.png

The BBC Weather radar appears to disagree. 10am is the start of the first practice session and it looks really bad, and it doesn't look like there's any major change in time for the second session:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2637827

Saying that though, Friday may be the worst in terms of the rain. Every forecast I've seen has suggested rain for all three days, but Friday certainly seems like it'll be the worst day for it.

Red Bull will run a revised livery this weekend (exciting I know) - with pictures of people's faces on the car for charity:

http://www.pitpass.c...for-Life-livery

Have to say I much prefer that design to the one they ran the last time they did this:

coul_redbull_silv_07_rbgepa.jpg

Kimi for the win! If only to watch him dressed as Batman a la Coulthard/Superman at Monaco!

As for one only predicting wins for the drivers you support, thats total rubbish.

My podium for this weekend:

1.- Liuzzi

2.- Alonso

3.- Mike Mercury

laugh.pnglaugh.png

Rain went to 70% on Friday, 50% on Saturday, and 40% on Sunday. Yesterday I had 90%, 40%, and 70%. The day that matters has a much lesser chance of rain. Just showers now. Doesn't mean it won't rain. Doesn't mean it will rain. Doesn't mean anything at all. But the chance of rain figure did decrease for race day from yesterday's report to today's. :P

So, my bags are packed, the camera is charged and my alarm clock set. Some of my other petrol head buddies are texting me from the campsite to tell me that the atmosphere is electric at Silverstone (and it's only Thursday night). The air is thick with BBQ sausage smoke, laugher, cigarettes and anecdotes of previous pilgrimages to other GP's. Union Jacks fly. Music plays. They wait. We all wait. Because this year has no ryhme or reason.It could just as easily be Romain as it could be Nico or Fernando. Then there is no way of ruling out a Sergio. Many want the comfort of consistency and form. Us others love the randomness of it all.

I type with adrenalin flowing through every sinew. Because tomorrow my ear drums will be invaded by the merciless scream of combustion, movement and gases being chanelled down narrow pipes. The 'bang bang' of down changes that you NEVER hear on the television. The chance to meet these heroes and soak up the glamour.

I cannot wait until tomorrow.

Pictures and thoughts to follow.

Now, I must try and sleep. I doubt I will.

This is how Christmas eve used to feel...........

So, my bags are packed, the camera is charged and my alarm clock set. Some of my other petrol head buddies are texting me from the campsite to tell me that the atmosphere is electric at Silverstone (and it's only Thursday night). The air is thick with BBQ sausage smoke, laugher, cigarettes and anecdotes of previous pilgrimages to other GP's. Union Jacks fly. Music plays. They wait. We all wait. Because this year has no ryhme or reason.It could just as easily be Romain as it could be Nico or Fernando. Then there is no way of ruling out a Sergio. Many want the comfort of consistency and form. Us others love the randomness of it all.

I type with adrenalin flowing through every sinew. Because tomorrow my ear drums will be invaded by the merciless scream of combustion, movement and gases being chanelled down narrow pipes. The 'bang bang' of down changes that you NEVER hear on the television. The chance to meet these heroes and soak up the glamour.

I cannot wait until tomorrow.

Pictures and thoughts to follow.

Now, I must try and sleep. I doubt I will.

This is how Christmas eve used to feel...........

Sorry but where were you going again?

:P

Wimbledon, obviously.

Kimi winning would be much better than Grosjean for Lotus, Grosjy smiles too much to be a Dark Knight.

Wimbledon, obviously.

Kimi winning would be much better than Grosjean for Lotus, Grosjy smiles too much to be a Dark Knight.

:lol:

Team Poochie. two drivers, two facial expressions.

Sorry but where were you going again?

tongue.png

My local gay bar.

I type with adrenalin flowing through every sinew. Because tomorrow my ear drums will be invaded by the merciless scream of combustion, movement and gases being chanelled down narrow pipes.

Okay Dribs - less about your bowel issues more about the race from now on - okay?

......*boom tish*

laugh.png

According to the BBC, there is hope for us yet: "Statistic of the weekend has to be one surrounding Sebastian Vettel. The world champion may have taken 22 wins from his 89 starts but, someone realised, he has never won a grand prix in July. 'Awesome,' Jenson Button said. 'That's a really good stat.'"

laugh.png

According to the BBC, there is hope for us yet: "Statistic of the weekend has to be one surrounding Sebastian Vettel. The world champion may have taken 22 wins from his 89 starts but, someone realised, he has never won a grand prix in July. 'Awesome,' Jenson Button said. 'That's a really good stat.'"

laugh.png

Pretty meaningless times this morning giving the conditions - Grosjean fastest ahead of Ricciardo and Hamilton.

Conditions don't seem to be improving at the moment, GP2 practice session looked even worse.

Latest weather says that tomorrow should be okay. All being well it should be a dry day for final practice and qualifying. Rain is still forecast for Sunday though.

Meanwhile, for some of the latest gossip prior to the race:

- Hamilton and Alonso where close to being punished at Valencia: Lewis for overtaking Vettel during the warm up lap and Alonso for accepting a flag from the stewards after race finish. Just imagine the uproar had any of those happened! Glad most of us are fan of either so we will all act as if that never happened and move on :whistling: (In any case, I guess there must be some kind of rule against overtaking under the warm up lap, but I wonder what was the rule Alonso broke for accepting the flag. Somebody pull out the rules and let us know!)

- "Yer" Noige will be steward for this race. We've discussed this in the past but I still think that no matter how fair and competent Mansell has been in the past it is still idiotic to have a local driver as steward, mostly in countries with high levels of F1 fanaticism as England, Italy and Spain. It never helps the stewards required image of fariness to have a local driver acting as a counselor. What would happen if Patrese was chosen for Monza and Lewis or Vettel are awarded a penalty? Idiotic.

- Hamilton and his contract: this year contract talks are on fire. Lots of comments, rumours and such surrounding specially Hamilton's talks. Apparently, he said he is "ready to make a decision". Only he is not. But yes. Maybe. And yes, that means that he will definitely stay at McLaren. Not. Just kidding! Of course he will stay. In your dreams. Or something like that.

Not much action this afternoon, Hamilton goes fastest, Kobayashi second and Schumacher third. Hard to really tell who is looking good in these conditions.

Not much action this afternoon, Hamilton goes fastest, Kobayashi second and Schumacher third. Hard to really tell who is looking good in these conditions.

Here's a hint for you: Not Massa.

Here's a hint for you: Not Massa.

Ironically though, it was Alonso who hit the wall at the end of the second session. :P

Ironically though, it was Alonso who hit the wall at the end of the second session. tongue.png

He did? Then clearly that is a sign of greatness because...errrmmm... :unsure:

Oh, yes! See? That shows that he is always searching for the limit! That is what separate the men from the boys! Hitting the walls at free practices! :whistling:

And, in any case, as Fernando says: "I prefer to beat them on Sunday" :P

Looks like variable conditions are possible, since the chance of showers from 1-3 on Sunday ranges from 30% to 50%. I think now's as good of a time as any for Button to get back into the points (not that I necessarily want that...the more drivers and teams screwing up, the easier it is for Massa :P).

Hopefully Massa's inevitable spins come during the thirty minutes of ad breaks and not the sixty minutes of race coverage...

I plan on enjoying it, and Germany. After that, the U.S. gets live TV coverage back, which isn't always ideal for me, and it should really all be based around my schedule... ;)