Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dribbler

The 2012 British Grand Prix

I get what you're saying...I don't disagree with it fully. It was more from STR's perspective than my own, a prediction that they will use poor performance as an excuse for Red Bull to cut themselves out from STR, as they've been trying to do for a while, and for Red Bull to disband young driver development altogether, which they've been moving toward for years. They're not going to fund three more years to not get their next ace from it, and they haven't been given reasons to believe Ricciardo and Vergne are exceptional talents in Formula One. The guys who do brilliantly in their first years are exceptions. But so are World Champions. If these guys are being normal, that's fine from a normal perspective, but from a team pouring money into developing future stars, that's not really worth the investment. For a mid-pack, take what you can get team independent of future long-term plans, normal is fine, but all the money Red Bull spends to get nothing...six points is a good reason to pack it up and call it a day.

Also, Steve: awesome you were so close. Glad you had a good time there.

F1 lacks true hunters of future talents a la Briatore. Guys that can not only spot potential winners, but with enough power and confidence to stand up and protect them through their careers.

Toro Rosso? That's just a reality show.

I thought u would get pics of me men first!!! Kimi and Vettel.... did u manage to take pics of em? All else is slightly unimportantsnigger.gif

Just for you, my friend.thbup.gif

IMG_4128.jpg

A heavily cropped and zoomed image, just for you! Kimi and Seb just about to board the parade lorry. Note how they let their elders go first....

IMG_38892.jpg

And finally, the post Qualifying media interviews. The only other pics of Kimi I was able to get (apart from one of him sat on the toilet, drunk, eating an ice cream).

IMG_3772.jpg

....so how about Alan Permaine instead?

IMG_3479.jpg

Just for you, my friend.thbup.gif

IMG_4128.jpg

A heavily cropped and zoomed image, just for you! Kimi and Seb just about to board the parade lorry. Note how they let their elders go first....

IMG_38892.jpg

And finally, the post Qualifying media interviews. The only other pics of Kimi I was able to get (apart from one of him sat on the toilet, drunk, eating an ice cream).

IMG_3772.jpg

....so how about Alan Permaine instead?

IMG_3479.jpg

laugh.png Thankz a mil Steve!!!!

Massa, by being in front of Vettel for a long time, helped FA to finish 2nd. Had he not been there, SB would have probably win the race ou finished 2nd. The importance of a strong second driver...

Massa, by being in front of Vettel for a long time, helped FA to finish 2nd. Had he not been there, SB would have probably win the race ou finished 2nd. The importance of a strong second driver...

Valid point.

Simultaneously, Schumacher helped Massa help Alonso. Had Massa cleared Schumacher earlier, Vettel would not have been as held up. Massa ended up holding Vettel up because he couldn't find a way around Schumacher, even with DRS, so Schumacher's defense actually helpd Alonso a bit, too.

Valid point.

Simultaneously, Schumacher helped Massa help Alonso. Had Massa cleared Schumacher earlier, Vettel would not have been as held up. Massa ended up holding Vettel up because he couldn't find a way around Schumacher, even with DRS, so Schumacher's defense actually helpd Alonso a bit, too.

Indeed. It's almost as though all the other drivers being behind Webber helped him to win......whistling.gif

Looks like you had an awesome time, dribs. I believe "well jel" is the term.

When I first walked out onto the balcony and saw all the cars lined up, with all the support crews, spotting all the technical people we all know and talk about, it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. To see the whole circus in all its glory in the flesh, up close was special indeed and something I will never forget.

I genuinely thought of you all and how you would have all loved it the same as I did. Most of the people in the Paddock Club were corporates or lucky. Either way, in the main they were clueless. That was the only tragedy of the weekend; The Paddock Club is wasted on most of these people. I honestly heard things like "So, who does Alonso drive for?" and "So, does pole position meand he starts first". It made me sad for the genuine hardcore fans sat soaked in the grandstands.

When the lights went out, I took one of my ear plugs out, ever so slightly. Just to hear what it's actually like. I put it back after a couple of seconds. It's unbearably and beautifully loud. Like nothing I have ever heard before. It overwhelmed me. I shed a tear. The man next to me laughed at me being caught up in the moment. But the freind I was with who paid for me to go, slapped me on the back and gave me a hug.

He knew his £3,700 had been spent on someone who loved every single second and will tell his grand children about those three days.

I love this one because it shows how much enthusiasm the Marshalls have. It fullfills their dreams too....

IMG_3964.jpg

U caught a real moment there Steve...beautiful beautiful pic. Did u realise what you were shooting in the moment?

U caught a real moment there Steve...beautiful beautiful pic. Did u realise what you were shooting in the moment?

No idea, Brad. I just got lucky. A gem amongst 800 other pics.

I'm glad you like it. I will treasure this one for ever.

When I first walked out onto the balcony and saw all the cars lined up, with all the support crews, spotting all the technical people we all know and talk about, it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. To see the whole circus in all its glory in the flesh, up close was special indeed and something I will never forget.

I genuinely thought of you all and how you would have all loved it the same as I did. Most of the people in the Paddock Club were corporates or lucky. Either way, in the main they were clueless. That was the only tragedy of the weekend; The Paddock Club is wasted on most of these people. I honestly heard things like "So, who does Alonso drive for?" and "So, does pole position meand he starts first". It made me sad for the genuine hardcore fans sat soaked in the grandstands.

When the lights went out, I took one of my ear plugs out, ever so slightly. Just to hear what it's actually like. I put it back after a couple of seconds. It's unbearably and beautifully loud. Like nothing I have ever heard before. It overwhelmed me. I shed a tear. The man next to me laughed at me being caught up in the moment. But the freind I was with who paid for me to go, slapped me on the back and gave me a hug.

He knew his £3,700 had been spent on someone who loved every single second and will tell his grand children about those three days.

if i didn't know better i'd think i am reading a fragment of ''Memoirs of a Geisha'' book .dry.png

actually, i am very jealous.

It's the type of picture you expect to see on professional magazines. Together with the one of Schumacher, reflect the atmosphere and at the same time transmit some of the driver's feelings.

Great moments and a chain of moments is _ _ _ _.

More pictures. Let me know when you're all bored.....

I made sure I was directly above the Mercedes garage to capture Michael as he came back in. I love the water droplets visible on the floor.

IMG_3358.jpg

IMG_3359.jpg

Britney was obviously around too......

IMG_3355.jpg

IMG_3354.jpg

A hero on two wheels and four, John Surtees

IMG_3987.jpg

Christian in the Red Bull suite, Sunday morning.

IMG_3858.jpg

Jake Humphrey, Paul Di Resta, Eddie Jordan and DC. Interviewing for the BBC qualifying show, Saturday morning.

IMG_3576.jpg

Random beautiful F1 objects....

IMG_3497.jpg

IMG_3429.jpg

IMG_3496.jpg

Damn you, Steve! I am so jealous! How I wish it was me, so close to those Lotus gas tanks!

Oh, yes, the other pics were kinda cool, too.

Damn you, Steve! I am so jealous! How I wish it was me, so close to those Lotus gas tanks!

Oh, yes, the other pics were kinda cool, too.

loljump.gif

A few years ago I managed to get a very exclusive photo of a Renault gas tank. But now it seems one can find a photo of Flavio anywhere....

The last three are beautiful. Only few pit-babes can compare their beauty.

The Santander girls weren't bad either...

IMG_3866.jpg

IMG_4107.jpg

IMG_3931.jpg

And then of course there was Louise Rednapp (who I still think of as Louise Nurding) who may be on the turn, but still looks good (even if she has clearly had her teeth done). If I had got any closer to her I think I could have got an 'up nostril' shot.

IMG_3995.jpg

I see that Blondie checking u out Stevelaugh.png

She's only human, my dearest Bradley.

Great pics dribbler! Must've been an amazing experience. Where does one find friends like yours, I need to stop by there on the way home!