Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

Das Fantastiche Nonlotterymaxmosleybelovedmostpunishingschaung Deutschland Helmut Marko Gp

Looks like Kimi got the memo on needing to be more aggressive. Very nice passes on Schumi and both Force India's. Especially the battle with Di Resta was great to watch.

Hard to say who was DoD today. Of the top 3, Button was the best, imo, but didn't really even seem to try to pass Alonso for the lead (dunno if he had any problems with the car?) Kimi and Koba did nice comebacks.

Looks like Kimi got the memo on needing to be more aggressive. Very nice passes on Schumi and both Force India's. Especially the battle with Di Resta was great to watch.

Hard to say who was DoD today. Of the top 3, Button was the best, imo, but didn't really even seem to try to pass Alonso for the lead (dunno if he had any problems with the car?) Kimi and Koba did nice comebacks.

Well, for starters, he locked his tires big time leaving his right fron tire with a flatspot the size of Alaska, probably one of the main causes of his lack of rythm in his last laps ;p

Well, for starters, he locked his tires big time leaving his right fron tire with a flatspot the size of Alaska, probably one of the main causes of his lack of rythm in his last laps ;p

Ah, ok. Missed that.

Ah, ok. Missed that.

I don't know why he locked the tires so badly though. Very "unButtonly". I think he is still far from feeling confortable with the car's handling.

As for the rest of the race, oddly enough I found it intense, interesting and even funny for a processional race EXCEPT FOR THE FRIGGIN' OVERTAKES!!! TOOO MANY OF THEM!!! BRING BACK THE GOOD OLD NON-OVERTAKING-WHATSOEVER-TIMES!!!

The battle between the Force Indias and the Saubers was completely incomprehensibl at some point I couldn't care less who was in front and who was behind, those guys kept passing each other every 5 seconds! :lol:

Star of the race has to be Hamilton, though. WTF was that??? Anyways, I feel for the kid, he was already down before his 100th race and this might have left him even more depressed. He needs to work his mental strength though, sulking won't get him anywhere, which is precisely where Massa uses to be :lol:

BTW, my DoDs were ALO (who else?) and Kimi. Some impressive manoeuvres from the monosylabic car destroyer out there!

VET penalized, ends up 5th.

Kimi got another podium! I wonder how do they handle the trophy issue? Does Kimi knock at Vettel's motorhome door and says "hey, you, give me the trophy"?

Or does the FIA keep them somewhere after the ceremony until all these things are cleared?

Great race, I thought. Very tense. I've never seen someone lead every single lap and still feel at no point until the final five laps or so that his victory was certain.

It lacked the tire strategies we've seen, which is a shame because I love strategy, but at the same time, it just proves what a lot of people had said all along, so credit to those people, that this isn't a "lottery" because of tire design or because of DRS or anything like that...it's a "lottery" because the teams have managed to make their car/driver combinations so even. Ferrari/Alonso, Red Bull/Vettel, and McLaren/Button were on identical tire strategies and look how little there was between them in race trim. Are the rules helping overtaking and making for more interesting strategy? Of course. Did the 2.4 second tire change make a difference? Obviously. But strategy and time in the pits is so much of F1, and makes it, to me, so interesting. The fact remains none of those factors could have any influence if the car and driver combinations weren't so close, and this race proved that truly, they are, and those aren't the only three that can run up front. There's nothing between these teams, even when you take the tires out and the pit stuff out and all that.

I liked the race a lot and there was some real fun with overtaking. Seemed like a Sauber was battling a Force India every lap. One overtake that didn't get much love on TV...Pérez. They were showing Räikkönen and...gosh my memory's ****...Räikkönen and, well, maybe it was...di Resta? Hülkenberg? Someone. But right behind that Kobayashi had gotten around a Force India, and Pérez went low in the same corner and took both his teammate and the Force India all in one sitting. Very cool.

A bit more "normal" because the teams all chose the same strategy just about, but still close, and still exciting, and that says a lot to me.

Looking forward to Hungary, and dreading those weeks that follow it.

Or does the FIA keep them somewhere after the ceremony until all these things are cleared?

Being Kimi he'll just claim his bottle of champagne. :D I read a journo asked about the possibility of him being on the podium if Vettel was penalised and he replied: If Seb gets 20 sec penalty, not only I'll get Podium but also get to avaoid press conference! :lol:

And for the race I'm delighted, obviously it was a pole2win not so pole2winish. Alonso would have never won it if he hadn't manage a pole in the rain yesterday, right? I hope they agree with me in Ferrari because both RB8 an MP4-27 seemed the best suited cars for Hockhenheim.

I missed too much action so I'll try to download and watch a few replays from around the world. I'll comment later! :blush: :vicious:

As for Vettel's penalty, I loved the pass, didn't realize it was illegal, but it is illegal so good on the FIA for enforcing the rule. Had he taken a tight exit to the corner (one within the boundaries), he never would have gotten the jump to pass Button, so it's the right call. Off-track passing is always exciting, and I'm glad that didn't sway the FIA because it has swayed lesser sanctions. The most famous overtake in the IndyCar world would be Alex Zanardi's pass, called "the pass," at the Corkscrew in Laguna Seca on Bryan Herta for a last-lap win. The problem is, of course, that by the CART rulebook, that pass was illegal; Zanardi was off-track. But they didn't reverse it because that would "kill" the excitement. It's the same policy NASCAR has with not taking away wins or finishing positions, just fining points because they don't like to "take away the result." So credit to the FIA, who aren't always perfect, for letting the rules be the rules and enforcing them correctly.

I'm starting to like this Alonso guy again...reminds me of 2006-2007 when he, Massa, and Montoya were my favorites...and don't ask me about the latter two because they're both clueless hacks in red cars ruining their own races each and every week in their respective series...

My hat's off to Nando - a class above - but super work from Jenson, Kimi, Koba and Mark.

My hat's off to Nando - a class above - but super work from Jenson, Kimi, Koba and Mark.

I understand the rest, but what did Mark do in the race that was noteworthy? Did I miss something?

I understand the rest, but what did Mark do in the race that was noteworthy? Did I miss something?

Yeah I was confused as well.

Perez imo.

Massa didn´t make a new mistake as in the last races: he destroyed his race in the first lap as usual... Dear Felipe your are in F1´s extra time... enjoy the last ten F1 races of your life...

Reading James Allen's Blog I somehow made my way to the drive's tweet section.

I still don't get the whole Twitter thing as it's some sort of cointinuous strip of uninteresting messages to people we don't know, dotted here and there by some trivial stuff that gives you a minor insight on their more "human" side. Even if that part is actually interesting, it is only interesting enough for 5 minutes of reading, not for a lifetime of tweet following or whatever it's called.

But I still found two bits worth of my 5 minutes of reading: ALO and a message he sent to Stella over the radio when told that Button was under 1 sec, on lap 62. Nando replied something like "I know it's not easy, but try to stay cool. Here everything is under control". He was under pressure fom Jenson yet he was telling Andrea Stella to calm down! laugh.png Damn cold blood!

The other was a beautiful pic from Lewis twitter. It is worth posting and look at it to make us look so silly when we get involved as if our national way of life was threatened when discussing F1 stuff while these guys seem to be taking things a lot less seriously than we do:

post-1794-0-49719100-1343002404_thumb.jp

Being Kimi he'll just claim his bottle of champagne. biggrin.png I read a journo asked about the possibility of him being on the podium if Vettel was penalised and he replied: If Seb gets 20 sec penalty, not only I'll get Podium but also get to avaoid press conference! laugh.png

Classic Kimi laugh.png The penalty was definitely the right decision here.

Reading James Allen's Blog I somehow made my way to the drive's tweet section.

I still don't get the whole Twitter thing as it's some sort of cointinuous strip of uninteresting messages to people we don't know, dotted here and there by some trivial stuff that gives you a minor insight on their more "human" side. Even if that part is actually interesting, it is only interesting enough for 5 minutes of reading, not for a lifetime of tweet following or whatever it's called.

But I still found two bits worth of my 5 minutes of reading: ALO and a message he sent to Stella over the radio when told that Button was under 1 sec, on lap 62. Nando replied something like "I know it's not easy, but try to stay cool. Here everything is under control". He was under pressure fom Jenson yet he was telling Andrea Stella to calm down! laugh.png Damn cold blood!

The other was a beautiful pic from Lewis twitter. It is worth posting and look at it to make us look so silly when we get involved as if our national way of life was threatened when discussing F1 stuff while these guys seem to be taking things a lot less seriously than we do:

Those are both great! It's not so much the human side, although that can be good, but it's just nice to have the insights it provides like above, and have direct access to what the driver actually says instead of hearing it through a media filter. And that goes for any famous person, of course. I think the criticisms of Twitter usually come from some sort of ridiculous high expectation from it, as if it was called "everything you read and see on this site will be amazing", which it never claims to be, it's called "Twitter", after all, and anyway no form of media is always informative and useful, in fact it's mostly the exception. The same is true of Twitter: it's only as good as who you follow, just like conversations are only as interesting as who you're friends with! And there are some great people to follow (hint: not Lady Gaga). I find it most useful though for following websites which I'm interested in but wouldn't visit that often. I don't know why I'm lecturing you on Twitter when I hardly ever use it anymore laugh.png

Anyway, it wasn't so much of an exciting race (only by this season's standards) but nonetheless an interesting one to watch. Alonso drove masterfully of course, and tactically, to win in probably a (slightly) slower car. Hamilton, unlucky. But funny to see him unlap himself (why not? It's not illegal to annoy Vettel, who said Hammy's pass was stupid.. yours was worse, Seb). Welcome back Button, I still think if he'd been perfectly happy with the car and not had the flat spot he could have won this one. Welcome back Mclaren, the pace seems much improved and they set the fastest pit stop ever. Perhaps they're back as a real force now, but for some reason it still seems unlikely. Vettel? Not his finest performance, running off the track a lot and not having the presence of mind to hand the place back. It should have been obvious to the team, at least (what are they there for but to know the rules).

Looking forward to Hungary. RB's engine map will probably be banned by then (I thought that wasn't possible with a standard ECU??), so Alonso could be on for another good haul of points.

ya

Change his name to Perez?blush.png

Looking forward to Hungary. RB's engine map will probably be banned by then (I thought that wasn't possible with a standard ECU??), so Alonso could be on for another good haul of points.

@andrewbensonf1: F1 tech meeting ends with no decision on whether there will be a rule clarification on Red Bull controversy pre-Hungary. More soon

@andrewbensonf1: Bosses want to make sure they can do it properly and not leave other loopholes to be exploited. Story later on http://t.co/zL7XBGlW

Have you heard of Twitter? :lol:

I never realized 2010 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Most Popular Driver Narain Karthikeyan was so short. Maybe he's just crouching to comply with Twitter's length regulations.

Don't make fun of the fastest Indian on earth. He just arrived 2 minutes behind, like every regular lap in his HRT.

Don't make fun of the fastest Indian on earth. He just arrived 2 minutes behind, like every regular lap in his HRT.

A tad vicious :lol:

A tad vicious laugh.png

Nah, he describes himself like that and I find it actually great! (But I liked Chandok better)