Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LabradoRacer

Monza

I hear that mclaren have paid Pedro De La Rosa to do them a favour of short cutting across the grass and whiping out everyone behind them so that massa cant do anything naughty!

oh and good news ... Pasta has decided to change his ways and not crash ... so will make it to the 2nd corner without incident before seeing how many he can get into the 2nd chicane!

Maldonado way down the grid.. Grosjean banned.. just when Lewis Hamilton thought he was safe to potentially win a Grand Prix again the King of Racecraft Felipe Massa suddenly makes an appearance at the sharp end! It's a conspiracy, I tell ya! (Just getting into the spirit tongue.png)

LOL! biggrin.png

Never mind all that. KUBICA IS CONTESTING A MINOR RALLY IN ITALY THESE WEEKEND!! based on his interview with an Italian reporter he targets return to F1 for 2014. However, he denied it during his interview with a Polish news program. He stated that he will be racing in 2013, but he doesn't know where. He will also take part in a bigger rally next weekend. All of this is a part of his rehabilitation process. he admitted his hand is not 100% and will likely never be fully functional, but he is working now to compensate for it. The goal of racing now is to "get his body and his head to remember what he did while racing for the last 20 years". Sounds like he is trying to get back to F1 via rallying.

I'll keep you posted!!! And yes, the pic below is from yesterday!

100&dstw=640&dsth=360

Well well well - interesting jump made by Macca over the last couple of races - two pole positions - dominant race from Button last week - Hamilton might also have been up at the sharp end had the first corner shinanigans not occured. All makes for an interesting second half of the season - will Alonso be able to hold the Maccas off? I see them coming ever closer as long as they can finish races. It looks like it could end up pretty damn close at the end of the season.

I also expect Red Bull to improve enough to make their own challenge.

It really still could be anyone of the following for the WDC: Alonso, Webber, Hamilton, Vettel, Button (still possible)

But alas - I think Kimi and Lotus look set to fade slightly. Still - you never know. Well - until you do know. Then you know. (would be great to see Kimi able to make a real challenge for the WDC).

Racing aside - I haven't been here for a while. Sometimes life takes over. Very busy at the moment with all sorts of other projects / life changes / home changes etc etc etc. All good, but all very hectic. Little time left over to chat about F1. So sad - especially when the season is giving us so much to talk about.

Hello to Piotr and Adam. And Maure who has appeared elsewhere and is definitely reading "the four of us left" talk amongst ourselves.

I hope the cameras pay attention to row five. Two guys who should be faster than where they start. I think this has a lot of potential.

Hello to Piotr and Adam. And Maure who has appeared elsewhere and is definitely reading "the four of us left" talk amongst ourselves.

I hope the cameras pay attention to row five. Two guys who should be faster than where they start. I think this has a lot of potential.

OK, I give up. What does it mean? I see most of the Old Guard still here? I'm always lurking, but I'm too busy to watch most of the races nowadays...The bad news with Kubi is his hand looks pale and immobile, almost like an old prosthesis. Also, he limps a bit. BUT, the fact he can drive a race car is a good news. At worst he will join Polish drivers (Holowczyc and Malysz - the first from WRC and the second a multiple World Champion in ski jumping) in the next Dakar Rally. Now THAT would be worth seeing.

Really feel like Alonso will be the man to watch today. Given what happened last weekend, as well as yesterday when he concedes an "easy" pole went missing, I think he's going to be really on a mission.

He's won from eleventh once this year already, so tenth is no problem, right? :P

Really feel like Alonso will be the man to watch today. Given what happened last weekend, as well as yesterday when he concedes an "easy" pole went missing, I think he's going to be really on a mission.

He's won from eleventh once this year already, so tenth is no problem, right? tongue.png

Since the beginning if this century, 9 out of 12 Monza races were won by the guy on pole. :(

That said, I do hope a good fight for him nonetheeless for as high as he can get. Ditto for Vettel. Not so sure about Kimi.

I don't think that McLaren will have too much trouble as the real fight will be from 3rd to 7th probably. (I don't think Felipe and the Mercs will all finish higher or at the same position than their starts)

In any case, another race with plenty of tension to look forward. :D

Massa is making the tifosi forget years of underperforming in just a couple of laps and a start. Boutton caught sleeping slipping.

Stewards investigatig the manoeuvre between ALO and VET. My veredict is: racing incident. VET was hard but fair and ALO was being too optimistic.

Let them battle!

FFS, how can Vettel get a drive through, when Alonso didn't get one last year for the exact same thing?!

Drive through for VET.

Understandable under the current circumstances (pushing cars being under close observation lately), but I disagree.

It ruined a beautiful fight. :(