Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LabradoRacer

Monza

Ferrai's team ordders :lol: somebody tell them it's more ridiculous that way than simply saying "let Alonso through"!

Kimi and Perez. Impressive.

OMFG ZOMFG WOOT What a daring pass from Alonso on Massa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Incredible manoeuvre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:whistling:

KA-CHING for Nando who didn't fight Perez (good thinking there)

Perez is a space shuttle on the trak. A beauty to behold.

Great race

Welll done hammi and Perez, from my point of view shame Alonso won wink.png hehe

sorry about the n00b above

The Vettel penalty made no sense, but it also made no difference so I guess it's not worth doing that one to death.

Pérez had a great, great strategy. He's inconsistent, but he's had a few races this year where he made great tire strategies work. I can't really gauge where he is as a driver, though. Every time he's been extremely fast, he's had the freshest/fastest tires. That doesn't mean he isn't good, and of course being able to make these strategies work is a huge asset, but I can't really get a handle on how good he'd be in a good car on the same strategy as everyone else.

Speaking of same strategy as everyone else, I won't miss one-stoppers. Let's get some distance between the two compounds, please, and some different strategies. It sets up a better finish...

Other than that, not much stood out this morning. Felt like more commercial breaks than normal here, and certainly poorly-timed ones (we missed just about everything that happened and had to see it all in replay). Definitely a "big picture" championship race more so than anything individually in the race, for me at least.

Lovely battles betwen some big names (finally!)

Alonso DoD with a supreme recovery, right? Wrong.

Damn you Perez, you put my boy to shame! :(

The Vettel penalty made no sense, but it also made no difference so I guess it's not worth doing that one to death.

Pérez had a great, great strategy. He's inconsistent, but he's had a few races this year where he made great tire strategies work. I can't really gauge where he is as a driver, though. Every time he's been extremely fast, he's had the freshest/fastest tires. That doesn't mean he isn't good, and of course being able to make these strategies work is a huge asset, but I can't really get a handle on how good he'd be in a good car on the same strategy as everyone else.

Speaking of same strategy as everyone else, I won't miss one-stoppers. Let's get some distance between the two compounds, please, and some different strategies. It sets up a better finish...

Other than that, not much stood out this morning. Felt like more commercial breaks than normal here, and certainly poorly-timed ones (we missed just about everything that happened and had to see it all in replay). Definitely a "big picture" championship race more so than anything individually in the race, for me at least

Perez does owe a bit of his pace to his car's incredibly anorexic appetite for tyres. However, he's fast, no denying that.

If you see the race online, you will have a commercial-free race.

I believe the WDC will be decided by how many points can alonso take at each race and can hammilton keep going? if hammi can he will win WDC if alonso can beat him a few times mayb not

I have to say, I don't quite get Vettel's penalty. First of all, it was exactly the same situation as Vettel-Alonso last year at Monza, only roles reversed. No penalties then. Secondly, Di Resta pushed Senna on the grass as well, not leaving a cars width to him, and no penalties for that either. Not that it mattered in the end, but I don't quite understand these decisions.

:lol: Both the SPEED commentators and the posters here talking about "great battles" and an "entertaining race" and I didn't see a damn second of anything like that at all. I wish I had the time to watch it again because I'm pretty sure I missed literally everything that happened. Between commercial breaks and (mostly) my own stupidity, I think I had a completely different race experience from everyone else. I saw Massa try to pass Hamilton at the start...I saw Alonso and Vettel's thing...I saw the tail-end of Rosberg doing something...Pérez blew by some guys...can't recall anything else happening. I know I'm usually way behind everyone else at noticing things but this is a poor performance even for me. :P

I believe the WDC will be decided by how many points can alonso take at each race and can hammilton keep going? if hammi can he will win WDC if alonso can beat him a few times mayb not

The key for Alonso losing the title is the same guy winning/on the podium ahead of him every single week. McLaren's car, right now, is capable of doing that. I think Hamilton's the biggest threat in that regard, even though he only has one point on Räikkönen and another on Vettel. The Red Bull isn't as fast as it used to be, and the Lotus hasn't been a winning car yet.

But it can all change...and if it does all change, that's how I expect Alonso to win the title. If McLaren stay like this for the rest of the year, different story.

I have to say, I don't quite get Vettel's penalty. First of all, it was exactly the same situation as Vettel-Alonso last year at Monza, only roles reversed. No penalties then. Secondly, Di Resta pushed Senna on the grass as well, not leaving a cars width to him, and no penalties for that either. Not that it mattered in the end, but I don't quite understand these decisions.

I couldn't see anything Vettel did to force Alonso on the grass. It looked more like Alonso went somewhere brave and didn't have the room to be there. I saw no clear move from Vettel. Not that what I see should ever be trusted.