Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LabradoRacer

بعض الكلمات العشوائية باللغة العربية لكنك تعلم ما أنا في اشارة الى، أليس كذلك؟

I enjoyed them as well and certainly love when he gives the journos a hard time, albeit it is obvious by now that they are looking for those kind of replies from Kimi (all that "How did you feel?" "What are your feelings...?") they know those are the kind of questions that Kimi hates.

On the other hand, having heard again the radio messages on youtube to his pitcrew, I found them rather rude, more than amusing. His poor engineer didn't seem too happy and I guess being humiliated in front of the whole world is not something he was looking forward. Boullier must love him and rightly so for what Kimi has given to Lotus, in terms of points and glory, but I would not want to check Kimi's drinking bottle for spit!

I know I might be just nit picking here, but it seemed to me a little too much of Kiminess with his engineers, funny as it was for us.

I know I might be just nit picking here, but it seemed to me a little too much of Kiminess with his engineers, funny as it was for us.

You have to remember that we don't get to hear nearly all the radio communications. I believe this is not the first nor the last time Kimi has had such conversations with his engineers (remember the "don't talk to me in the middle of the corner" during his Ferrari years), and Mark Slade, his race engineer all the way from his McLaren days, certainly knows this. I hear it wasn't Mark talking to Kimi this time, but that he had instructed the engineer talking to Kimi not to bother with too much information all the time or he could expect a response like that.

I enjoyed them as well and certainly love when he gives the journos a hard time, albeit it is obvious by now that they are looking for those kind of replies from Kimi (all that "How did you feel?" "What are your feelings...?") they know those are the kind of questions that Kimi hates.

On the other hand, having heard again the radio messages on youtube to his pitcrew, I found them rather rude, more than amusing. His poor engineer didn't seem too happy and I guess being humiliated in front of the whole world is not something he was looking forward. Boullier must love him and rightly so for what Kimi has given to Lotus, in terms of points and glory, but I would not want to check Kimi's drinking bottle for spit!

I have heard (and I am sure somebody will correct me if I am wrong) that it wasn't Kimi's normal engineer on the radio and he was told not to tell Kimi stuff like that, but he did anyway.

Maybe it's just me, but a lot of the snippets of team radio we hear do seem like unnecessary reminders, unless it's Rob Smedley to Massa, of course whistling.gif

Edit: And as if by magic, while typing this a reply is posted confirming it wasn't Kimi's engineer laugh.png

:lol: Well, that certainly makes me feel better about laughing at the engineer if it's down to his own stupidity.

As for Lewis radio, yes, in that sense it is not the first time I hear him worried about a driver who had an accident. As you guys said, we never know with radio comms what is the selection and usually it seems suspiciously veered towards presenting a kind a person from each one. But in this case is fair with Lewis.

Although his words were "Is whoever who had an accident ok?" :lol:

laugh.png Well, that certainly makes me feel better about laughing at the engineer if it's down to his own stupidity.

As for Lewis radio, yes, in that sense it is not the first time I hear him worried about a driver who had an accident. As you guys said, we never know with radio comms what is the selection and usually it seems suspiciously veered towards presenting a kind a person from each one. But in this case is fair with Lewis.

Although his words were "Is whoever who had an accident ok?" laugh.png

Well, I don't know if it was just good timing on behalf of the tv operators, but it seemed as though the Lotus team were laughing at the comments. If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for you :lol:

I am surprised Lewis, after seeing that it was a Mercedes involved, didn't just say 'Is Schumi ok??' :whistling:

No it does'nt really, it might sound rude to us, but we don't really know Kimi's method of racing. Wether he says one thing a certain way could mean something entirely different to us, like right now he is tasked with a job at hand and does'nt want interference, so "leave me alone, I know what Im doing"

I am surprised Lewis, after seeing that it was a Mercedes involved, didn't just say 'Is Schumi ok??' whistling.gif

Zing,

:lol:

One good thing you could say about NK amidst a chaotic race: He kept his head. (Barely)

Too bad I missed seeing the race; could follow only the live text commentary. Happy for Kimi, and very much amused by his radio stuff.

Vettel showed his extremes, what with clipping the DRS post and storming from the back of the field. His overtake on Button was nice.

Nando again outdrove his car. If Vettel suffers a problem of lack of mechanical sympathy in the next race, he's done for.

Pity about Lewis. If Macca had provided him with reliability (in everything), he would have already wrapped up the WDC.

Schumi, sigh. If there wasn't bad luck, he wouldn't be having any luck this year.

Pity about Lewis. If Macca had provided him with reliability (in everything), he would have already wrapped up the WDC.

I beg to differ on this one, I don't believe he would be at the top. Of course I'm not quite sure how many times he has had to retire through no fault of his own, but probably not enough to give him the WDC. Plus, reliability "in everything" is too much to ask for, if you want a fast car. He could always drive a Flintmobile (for the cool guys, that's the "troncomóvil") but then he wouldn't win races!

By the way, I'm having fun reading around here. I was happy for Kimi and I still am, but yesterday was a horribly busy day for me so I've stuck to just reading :) Lovely stuff, as Brad would say ;)

We aim to please :)

On Lewis defense, he had at least 8 or more races with some issue outside his control interfering with his result be them reliability issues or pitstop f*ck*ps (see? I am as cool as Vettel! :P). Given that the Macca seemed at least on par with the RBR both in qualy and race pace most of the season, he would have certainly be giving Seb at least a much closer fight than Alonso by now.

Looking back, the past decade at McLaren is a sad story. They had what in average was the 2nd best car or thereabouts, 3 former or future WDCs and yet achieved only a WDC and even that thanks to some fortuitous ocurrence at the last 200 metres of the last race. Other than that, either the car, the team or the drivers managed to let them down and ruin everything.

To use the most overused word this year: the 'package' was a lot weaker than the sum of its parts.,

He could always drive a Flintmobile (for the cool guys, that's the "troncomóvil") but then he wouldn't win races!

Things have changed a lot. :(

troncomovil_1.jpg

I don't think Ham would have had it all wrapped up but if you look at the driver standings, you will notice Button is a mere 12 points behind Lewis and that has to be one of the most misleading numbers of the season comparing their performances this year. I think Lewis would have been at worst a distant third ahead of where Kimi is, but most likely fighting at the front in these last races. In terms of bad luck, only Schumi/Mercedes have got him beat; thank god Lewis isn't going there next season.

What?

As for Kimi, he's like the anti-Massa when it comes to radio messages. Like he said, it isn't anything new even though some would try to make a story out of it. It's just unfortunate for the guy who happened to be giving the messages to him that it happened to be a race where the focus was on Kimi laugh.png Anyway, maybe in the future we hear some more of Kimi's radio messages instead of Ferrari's cryptic stuff with Alonso, babying of Massa, or Button's boring feedback, etc.

Oops, I see I was in the wrong. It's obviously my fault for not keeping tabs on Lewis too closely, but I'm a blind fan after all :P

Thanks for the correction!

I like Button's radio. It's soothing, and I'm not sure it'd be a real Grand Prix if McLaren didn't switch the guy from Plan A to Plan B and then back again.