Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rainmaster

2013 Motogp

Yeah sorry your right cructhlow got him at the end, Lorenzo was In agony, just imagine if he came of again what damage that would have done, just the weight of the bike through the corners would have felt like it was ripping his arm of. Well done to Rossi,but every time I see Rossi on that Yamaha now I just think he is taking what would have been simoncellis bike, what a pure racer and superb talent we lost.

We totally agree, if Lorenzo had come off again he could have done himself untold damage. The fact he had to prove he could 10 press ups with that shoulder before they allowed him to race showed courage and determination, but surely it would have been safer not to let him ride.

I didn't ever see Simonchelli race, I only got into watching motogp mid last season but I know he was a talent from what I've read.

I am a big fan of Cal though, and I am hoping he can get a win this season, it's not that likely but I am hoping.

If he didnt make such a sloppy start and was slow in the opening laps, I'd say due to lack of tyre temperature, iam certain he would have been fighting Rossi, as for simoncelli, he was brilliant,just the personality moto gp needed just a character like Rossi. I watched him from 125s up to motogp he was definatly a future champion. He would have got stoners ride instead of marques and even would have had the option for valentinos seat aswell IMO. Can't imagine how Rossi would have felt, they were best mates and Rossi was the one who ran over his head. Rossi had no where to go. Poor guy, miss simoncelli very much, his funeral was very touching with multiple riders present and some as pallbearers. The coffin sitting between his two tiltle winning bikes and his helmet on top. Very very sad day for moto gp

Cal doesn't like a heavy bike, that's why he often makes bad starts but picks up later in the race. It's a shame though, it cost him again this weekend. This was his best chance of taking a win so far I'd say, shame he blew it. Then again it's was Pedrosa's best chance to gain some big points, he didn't do that either so it's all still to play for in the championship.

I know Rossi and Edwards were the two riders involved in Simonchelli's accident, it must have been really difficult for them to know what had happened. Any death in any sport is horrific and only serves to remind us how dangerous it is out there, makes us respect them that bit more doesn't it?

MotoGP lost a legend in Simoncelli.

Had the opportunity to go to Sepang a few weeks back and did a minute's silence at that particular area of the track. Once I got there didn't really know what I was supposed to do. Just felt a bit empty to the pits of the soul, to be honest. Such a shame we lost him

Really happy to see Marquez doing so well. I just hope he can keep it up without crashing. He seems so far to be applying himself very intelligently to the race weekends in the way he builds up towards the race, and his calm approach is as impressive as his speed. It's sort of scary that he can't be anywhere near as good as he's going to be and he's leading the championship.

To be honest, I feel very lucky to see a rider like this. I always thought of Stoner as the Ayrton Senna of motorcycling, only in the sense that Stoner was so quick and has an unbelievable natural talent. I always consider Rossi more of a Prost; while obviously faster than most, Rossi is not as fast as Stoner, but his approach, his preparation and his race-craft makes him formidable. Ever since I first saw Marquez I thought he had both of those elements, not just an uncanny natural talent but a great racing mind too. That's why I couldn't resist putting Livio Suppo's quote in my signature when I saw it. Needless to say I agree with Livio.

Anyway, I enjoyed Marc's move on Rossi at the corkscrew. He really is the "new Rossi", stealing all Rossi's old moves this year biggrin.png But notice how Rossi takes the defeat like the winner he is in that clip compared to the way Lorenzo and Stoner took it in the past. That's the difference between winning world championships and being a legend.

Marquez adds something new to the competition and that is the kind of contribution that happens every once in a blue moon.

Winning Laguna Seca impressed everybody. Hope Bradl as well as the new riders incoming can put up a decent fight to him in future seasons. Though one should never discount Lorenzo or Rossi for a late charge..

Stoner will test a Honda next month. I find it impossible to believe a talent like Stoner will be able to stay away from racing motorcycles for what could be the best part of a decade that he's got left in him. The fact he still enjoys riding so much gives me hope he might return one day.

I find it physically impossible to post in this thread without mentioning Marquez, so was interested to read about this post Laguna discussion between him and Rossi: http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/193797/1/rossi_marquez_can_be_the_greatest_ever.html

Four in a row for my boy Marquez. Hard to believe he's a rookie. For the most part he races like he has 3-5 years more experience than he does. Anyway, it's remarkable that the most hyped rider in years is actually now exceeding his own hype. Pleasure to watch one of the greatest making his name.

very natural and conveying one..  best way to foster goodwill and a do a good deed then to pass on an idea, free to anyone. If you are looking  for  the best antivirus software and support so you should try one of them which may help you a lot. Click below:

office.com/setup