Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHS18

Brazil

Glad to be proven completely wrong for the second race in a row.

Wow. Just wow. I don't thing words do justice to this race. I don't things words do justice to this season. Just incredible, a classic year without doubt.

So many good races. I think the only races that weren't that great were Korea and India. Every other race had something in it that you can look back on and remember, be it battles for victory, a certain overtake, a first time winner, a new visitor to the podium...you could go on.

When Michael announced his retirement I didn't want the 2013 season to come around too quickly. Now I can't wait for it to start again.

Kimi on his off-track excursion:

"I went off at the last corner on lap 52 as I couldn't see well with my visor being dirty and fogged up. Where I went off you can get back on the track by going through the support race pitlane, but you have to go through a gate. I know this as I did the same thing in 2001 and the gate was open that year. Somebody closed it this time. Next year I'll make sure it's open again..."

biggrin.png

Yes he was, but I'm actually referring to the fact that Alonso and Alonso enthusiasts was wishing for rain so Seb "would" underperform or drive so bad to finish out of the points...Instead it really helped him...

What's more interesting is that Vettel felt the need to comment after the race on those assertions some people had made (that rain would be terrible for him). Certainly, he seems very aware of a lot of the mind games that different drivers have been playing towards the end of this championship (mainly Alonso and Hammy). He said he was praying for more rain during the race..

"I went off at the last corner on lap 52 as I couldn't see well with my visor being dirty and fogged up. Where I went off you can get back on the track by going through the support race pitlane, but you have to go through a gate. I know this as I did the same thing in 2001 and the gate was open that year. Somebody closed it this time. Next year I'll make sure it's open again..."

biggrin.png

Lol...good one!

Well done Vettel, well done Redbull. They really deserved it, Redbull deserves it for the hardwork they put in to develop the car, and Vettel for doing the rest of the job very well....Just 25!

Well done...no matter what people say, Vettel, you deserve it!

Have a good winter break every one....

Cheers.

Eish, they're going to grill Kimi for that one lol

When you can't laugh at your favorite driver, you're taking things too seriously... ;)

Congratulations to Vettel and the true vettelists. Congratulations to the true F1 fans in this forum for a fantastic season. Let's hope we can live another very good season next year.

The race was a rollercoaster of emotions as it's been this season for the most part. Vettel could have lost the title himself when he crashed into Senna but he recovered from that and Alonso never had the pace to fight for the lead.

Great race by Button, Hamilton Hulkenberg... Massa's race was quite good too, he'll have a chance vs. ALO if he drives like this from the start in 2013.

My sincere commiserations to the forum rats.

Wow, Interlagos delivered and how!! I was tense till the chequered flag was waved.

Was shocked when Vettel was punted, but luckily he got an immediate slice of luck in that the rest of the grid didn't take him out. Full marks to him for clawing back. 25, and a 3-time winner. Wouldn't mind his breaking Schumi's records.

Alonso did well to put his car in a position to capitalise on others' misfortunes (as usual), but it wasn't enough. Still, he did well to take it down to the wire.

Lewis was plain unlucky. I'm pretty sure Jenson's very relieved that the former's no longer in the team.

Happy to see Schumi finish in the points. He acquitted himself decently. Nice of him to move aside for Seb. The moment where he & Seb hugged each other & chatted a bit - it seemed like Schumi told the latter to carry on the baton from him.

A minor gripe: Wish my net connection hadn't conked out just before the race. I was dying to yap with you guys.

Also, I must add that Alonso handled his defeat nicely. He was a bit stunned for a few moments, but quickly dealt it with grace.

Oh, and happy that Felipe finished on the podium. If he's rediscovered his mojo, Alonso won't have it so easy next year.

biggrin.png

A great moment in any drivers career. Maybe he forgot which sport he was in?

Yes, I suppose he was a bit fortunate in that sense, on a normal dry track with that damage on his car would have probably cost him the title today.

I must say that whilst there has been some good driving from Vettel this year, and awsome design work from the team, Lucky is the word i would use to describe his 3rd championship. Brazil summed it up for me for him. Should have had a drive through for causing a crash in turn 4 on 1st lap, and on sky we saw footage of him overtaking Kob under yellow flags ... not sure if that was sorted out or not though. I think I will look into the "luck" this season and see if it is just my perception or if he had more faverable luck this year.

Also, I must add that Alonso handled his defeat nicely. He was a bit stunned for a few moments, but quickly dealt it with grace.

Oh, and happy that Felipe finished on the podium. If he's rediscovered his mojo, Alonso won't have it so easy next year.

Wellll....a little debatable now...(then again it depends on which way you want to spin the story)...saying he only lost because of Seb not getting a penalty and because of Grosjean crashing into him at Spa. But, the facts say that Alonso had two non-scoring races and Vettel had three non-scoring...

A great moment in any drivers career. Maybe he forgot which sport he was in?

I must say that whilst there has been some good driving from Vettel this year, and awsome design work from the team, Lucky is the word i would use to describe his 3rd championship. Brazil summed it up for me for him. Should have had a drive through for causing a crash in turn 4 on 1st lap, and on sky we saw footage of him overtaking Kob under yellow flags ... not sure if that was sorted out or not though. I think I will look into the "luck" this season and see if it is just my perception or if he had more faverable luck this year.

One, there is no such thing as luck.

Two, the flag also had, drum roll please, red stripes on it. This means debris on track (not oil on track as some people think). You can pass with this flag flown at a marshal point.

Wellll....a little debatable now...(then again it depends on which way you want to spin the story)...saying he only lost because of Seb not getting a penalty and because of Grosjean crashing into him at Spa. But, the facts say that Alonso had two non-scoring races and Vettel had three non-scoring...

Haha, clicked on the wrong quote button?

Nope...was referring to your first line of that post tongue.png

My bad, yes. You're right. Just read about Alonso's lament about Seb "not getting punished". Seems strange to say this, given how composed he was on the podium. Anyhow, he himself should shoulder the blame for the WDC loss. The DNF in Japan was of his own making.

I cannot beging to imagine what sort of mindset is required for delivering the season Fernando Alonso had.

If he can get himself into that zone again next year, (bearing in mind the performance of the Ferrari is now closer to the Red Bull) Vettel should be afraid. No doubt Newey is already thinking of how to give Sebastian the performance and reliability edge he will need to fend off the relentless Spaniard.

Nevertheless, Vettel fully deserves his third title.

This race delivered on all fronts. We had the exact permetation for Alonso success in our grasp in the opening stages, only for Vettel to keep his head and take the fight to Alonso.

I would have respected Michael Schumacher more for putting up one last fight; I cringed a little at his gesture and the way that he alluded to it in parc ferme with hugs and grins. Vettel had got the job done without it. However, my love and respect for the great man remains in tact. One bright colour in the F1 rainbow will surely be missing next year.

It's difficult to think of a way that 2012 can be trumped for drama and excitement; the rule consistency will probably bring calm and more of a predictable order to proceedings. The interest for me will lay in how Fernando can get on terms with Seb and of course, how Lewis will fare in his quest to bring fresh energy and determintation to a Mercedes team who are a rabbit in the headlights of modern F1.

This and other things like Perez's progress against Button; I expect the calm of Buttons steady results to be offset by flashes of brilliance by Sergio, leading McLaren to wonder why they are languishing in 3rd and probably needing the outright combination of speed and delivery that will be missing.

This season will be locked in my petroleum thinky tank for many years.

I cannot beging to imagine what sort of mindset is required for delivering the season Fernando Alonso had.

If he can get himself into that zone again next year, (bearing in mind the performance of the Ferrari is now closer to the Red Bull) Vettel should be afraid. No doubt Newey is already thinking of how to give Sebastian the performance and reliability edge he will need to fend off the relentless Spaniard.

Nevertheless, Vettel fully deserves his third title.

This race delivered on all fronts. We had the exact permetation for Alonso success in our grasp in the opening stages, only for Vettel to keep his head and take the fight to Alonso.

I would have respected Michael Schumacher more for putting up one last fight; I cringed a little at his gesture and the way that he alluded to it in parc ferme with hugs and grins. Vettel had got the job done without it. However, my love and respect for the great man remains in tact. One bright colour in the F1 rainbow will surely be missing next year.

It's difficult to think of a way that 2012 can be trumped for drama and excitement; the rule consistency will probably bring calm and more of a predictable order to proceedings. The interest for me will lay in how Fernando can get on terms with Seb and of course, how Lewis will fare in his quest to bring fresh energy and determintation to a Mercedes team who are a rabbit in the headlights of modern F1.

This and other things like Perez's progress against Button; I expect the calm of Buttons steady results to be offset by flashes of brilliance by Sergio, leading McLaren to wonder why they are languishing in 3rd and probably needing the outright combination of speed and delivery that will be missing.

This season will be locked in my petroleum thinky tank for many years.

see Steve this is what I have againts your rationale....You're starting the believe the hype that Alonso has generated...that it's HIM againts the whole RB package, without considering the fact that he had the whole Ferrari team behind him and had a good car package. Sure they were off at qualifying, but they made up for it with the best starts and being very competitive in race trim. Alonso is relentless because the car allows him to, but for Vettel it's all about what Newey can do to somehow boost Vettel's chances? Vettel delivered when he needed to! I don't understand your thinking, in all the years of following your post I'm really disapppointed that you can arrive at such bull!!!!

One, there is no such thing as luck.

Two, the flag also had, drum roll please, red stripes on it. This means debris on track (not oil on track as some people think). You can pass with this flag flown at a marshal point.

There was a red and yellow striped flag with a yellow flag indicator next to it at one point on the track, can;t remember where it was. Then there was another yellow flag as they went further on. Then there was a green flag indicated, Vettel had still not passed at this point, but was very close. Then the next flag after the green glag was a yellow and Seb had not completed the pass before he got to this yellow flag.

Why it showed yellow, yellow, green, yellow flags, I am not too sure. Seems a bit pointless to have 1 green glag in the middle of all the yellows, but there may be an explanation.