Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Massa

2013 Preseason Predictions

Let's see how wrong this looks in November 2013 (probably looks wrong to many of you already laugh.png)...

1. Vettel

2. Button

3. Räikkönen

4. Alonso

5. Massa

6. Webber

7. Grosjean

8. Hamilton

9. Pérez

10. Hülkenberg

11. Maldonado

12. Rosberg

13. Bottas

14. di Resta

15. Force India (Sutil)

16. Vergne

17. Ricciardo

18. Gutiérrez

19. Caterham (Petrov)

20. Glock

21. Caterham (Pic)

22. Chilton

1. Red Bull

2. Ferrari

3. Lotus

4. McLaren

5. Mercedes

6. Williams

7. Force India

8. Sauber

9. Toro Rosso

10. Caterham

11. Marussia

Don't see much wrong here. Ferrari may be a nightmare, of course. A new wind tunnel [the Maranello one was probably built by the Romans!] but too many chefs in the kitchen, I say. I hear Rory Byrne will continue to work behind the scenes in an effort to improve the car but I'm still dubious. Vettel should win though I feel Jenson, for all the slagging he gets will be very close.

then Alonso will again turn to Samurai philosophy to appease the fans, and for Hamilton it will be enough just to win another race ahead of vettel

Button of course will be nowhere...

Hmm. Did you know he outscored Lewis overall in their three seasons together? harhar.gif

Indeed Button did outscore Lewis over their 3 seasons together! Stats can be misleading of course, but it's a nice point that I enjoy.

By the way hello again everybody, i've been gone a while!

My predictions? With no rule-changes, I expect more of the same. Red Bull & Vettel to do it all again for the 4th time in a row.

Alonso was outstanding in 2012 but Ferrari haven't built a fantastic car since 2008, why should that change now? If he gets close it'll be through his own perseverance & things going his way, poor bugger.

Button's season will depend on whether mclaren now focus their efforts behind him with regards to the car design. If it suits him at most tracks, he'll be a contender all year. But I fear he'll do what he usually does which is be immense 4 or 5 times a year, & struggle with set-up for the rest of it. So a few wins but no title.

I reckon Hamilton is going to give Merc some race wins, & provide us with some 'racing incidents' along the way.

To sum up, Vettel to win with a few races to spare. Button runner-up (but a long way behind Vettel) ahead of a close fight between himself, Alonso & Webber & Lewis.

Charles Pic won't score a point.

Indeed Button did outscore Lewis over their 3 seasons together! Stats can be misleading of course, but it's a nice point that I enjoy.

My predictions? With no rule-changes, I expect more of the same. Red Bull & Vettel to do it all again for the 4th time in a row.

Alonso was outstanding in 2012 but Ferrari haven't built a fantastic car since 2008, why should that change now? If he gets close it'll be through his own perseverance & things going his way, poor bugger.

Button's season will depend on whether mclaren now focus their efforts behind him with regards to the car design. If it suits him at most tracks, he'll be a contender all year. But I fear he'll do what he usually does which is be immense 4 or 5 times a year, & struggle with set-up for the rest of it. So a few wins but no title.

I reckon Hamilton is going to give Merc some race wins, & provide us with some 'racing incidents' along the way.

To sum up, Vettel to win with a few races to spare. Button runner-up (but a long way behind Vettel) ahead of a close fight between himself, Alonso & Webber & Lewis.

Charles Pic won't score a point.

Welcome back! I think Kimi could be the real danger to all who have their eye on the title. He has only just begun. The chink in JB's armour -set up - may not bother him as much next year as Pirelli promise early-destruct boots. The big question is motivation. Perez will be quick but he's no Hamilton. Rubens pushed Jens all the way at Brawn and Lewis never let him off the hook apart from 2011 where Button was rarely off the podium. It's a dubious stat but I rather think if they can get more basic speed into the car and keep it reliable, Jenson may reap a rare harvest of very big points with no real threat from the other side of the garage.

You remind me of the lost socks analogy when I think of you, just where do they go???.. you seems to just vanish and suddenly you're back... for the better of TF1 though

Anyway, Glad to see you back Jem!

Well basically when I get really, really bored, I suddenly remember aha I can chat about f1 with my old fellow anoraks!!

I hope Insider is right about his prediction. Although there is the danger that JB won't be kept on his toes without a Hamilton in the other garage, I do recall 2004-2005 though when Jenson had a far inferior team-mate and produced plenty of good stuff

My predictions are:

1) Alonso 4/5 wins

2) Vettel 4/5 wins

3) Raikkonen 2/3 wins

4) Button 2/3 wins

5) Hamilton, Webber, Grosjean, Perez 1 win

Red Bull will win the Constructors aswell. I think Nando will have one last great season and finally seal his first championship with Ferrari. Sebastian will challenge hard but ultimately struggle to continue the form of the last three years into another, Kimi will be hovering in the distance, but Lotus won't be able to give him a good enough car. Jenson will do his best in a McLaren that is only the joint third best car, Grosjean will get a win and continue the blast his way through the opening laps whilst Lewis will pull his Mercedes throughout the season to a few podiums and one win, providing great racing and excitement. Mark will pickup podiums and get one last win in Brazil before retiring, Perez will pickup a win and a couple of podiums, but equally have races where he goes missing. Rosberg will be outclassed by Lewis all year.

I reckon Lotus and Mclaren will come strong and this year we may see Red-Bull struggling as they have openly admitted that they are bit late on their 2013 car;. And, with rules changing for 2014 any team which makes a good start to the season will be in the drivers seat as most of the teams will have to focus onto 2014 way before they usually would start as their is drastic change in rules.

Ferrari may again struggle at the start of the season but with their wind tunnel problems sorted out they can be the dark horses and with Fernando Alonso u can always expect them to be in the title fight.

For Mercedes and other teams i guess its gonna be same story altogether. In my opinion Mercedes may have already started work on their 2014 campaign as there is very little they can do to improve drastically in 2013. So, it wold make sense to go a bit aggressive early on for 2014 as far as Mercedes is Concerned.

BTW guys what do u think? Would love to know ur opinions as well.

Well basically when I get really, really bored, I suddenly remember aha I can chat about f1 with my old fellow anoraks!!

I hope Insider is right about his prediction. Although there is the danger that JB won't be kept on his toes without a Hamilton in the other garage, I do recall 2004-2005 though when Jenson had a far inferior team-mate and produced plenty of good stuff

Yeah, but JB AND Perez both are poor qualifiers so i expect them to start from 5th,6th,7th or 8th positions. On the other hand with Hamilton gone i guess the pressure would be lesse on Button to match as Perez may take some time to find his place and get suited to the new mclaren team and car.

Cheers

Hey, welcome to GPToday.

I can't send you a PM yet, so I just wanted to let you know here that you can put your link in your signature. However, please refrain from putting it in your posts.

Thanks.

Hey, welcome to GPToday.

I can't send you a PM yet, so I just wanted to let you know here that you can put your link in your signature. However, please refrain from putting it in your posts.

Thanks.

I must have missed the reason why, but why the change to gptoday.com?

Not my place to comment on that. By the time Melbourne comes around, we'll have all forgotten it ever had another name with all the excitement of a new season.

It'll be interesting to see if Mercedes can get a handle on the tyre management and get consistent performance out of the Pirelli's in 2013. If they can't, and they haven't been able to for 3 years expect for China and Monaco last year, then it will be testing year and heads will roll within the team. If they can be competitive throughout the year then I see it being a very close year again between all the teams and it will be the one who finishes in the points more often than the others, rather than number of wins accumulated, as Raikkonen demonstrated this year.

With that theory in place and extrapolating from that I select Vettel to make it 4 in 4 years.

With that theory in place and extrapolating from that I select Vettel to make it 4 in 4 years.

Please take your prediction for Vettel back please, last year you predicted Alonso and it did'nt happen!tongue.png

Well if it means Kimi will win however, maybe it's a good thing....

Please take your prediction for Vettel back please, last year you predicted Alonso and it did'nt happen!tongue.png

Well if it means Kimi will win however, maybe it's a good thing....

Yeah I nearly got it right last year but I was pleased that Vettel did it in the end. He deserved it with his 2nd half of the season performance.

Don't worry I'm not going to change my mind and back Kimi. My powers of jinxing drivers will not be used against your favourite. He is safe to race another season.

I wish the Lotus team could give Kimmi a fast car and Grosjean to think before drive... of course I wish Checo a great season.

I think this time Alonso will be champion (of moaning) again... (I hate ferrari!).

This season will be the last for Webber and Massa

And if RB could give a fast and realiable car to Vettel (Hey Renault have you checked your alternators?) since the first race he will trash everybody again.

greetings and welcome to nishantraj88 to the forum... this is a nice bunch of mates.

The only prediction I'm going to make is that we might have a good fight in every top team. I'm not so sure Massa, Grosjean, Rosberg, Button (joke), etc, are going to roll over.

For the rest, I hope Grosjean, Perez or Rosberg wins it.

Well well well! If it isn't winter testing season and thus prediction time yet again!

I think however it's going to be another Vettel title, unfortunately! I think the McLaren is looking very good so far and they will be the closest threat with Button having a very good season, so long as he qualifies better than last year! I'd like to predict Alonso 3rd with Raikonnen 4th. Hamilton I think will struggle to win a race, and even struggle to get a podium more than a few times so will end up in the lower end of the top 10 come November!

Looking forward to the new season and I hope I am very wrong and Vettel does not win another championship!

Unfortunately, the excuses have started already: 'We don't understand the car yet...it has a long development curve'. Well, Checo had a great run on Wednesday, posted the fastest time of the day [with some quick people and the triple WDC around] and Jens is a second off. However, the car has serious pace as Jens showed at the first test. Perhaps, Perez is adapting to his new workspace faster that he expected to and Jenson is having one of his 'bewildered' moments. Either way, no one will 'understand' jack all until P3 in Melbourne really. I think Spain is not what it was climate-wise and perhaps a warmer location would suit teams far better for this crucial stage of the new season.

1. Ferrari.

2. Williams

3. RB

4. Lotus

5. Mercedes

6. MacLaren

7. Sauber

Yes, I know, I like Frank Williams a lot, and wish him a fantastic season.

Unfortunately, the excuses have started already: 'We don't understand the car yet...it has a long development curve'. Well, Checo had a great run on Wednesday, posted the fastest time of the day [with some quick people and the triple WDC around] and Jens is a second off. However, the car has serious pace as Jens showed at the first test. Perhaps, Perez is adapting to his new workspace faster that he expected to and Jenson is having one of his 'bewildered' moments. Either way, no one will 'understand' jack all until P3 in Melbourne really. I think Spain is not what it was climate-wise and perhaps a warmer location would suit teams far better for this crucial stage of the new season.

The day before Button's comments Perez sounded extremely happy so it could be Button just trying to downplay the inexperience of his team mate in revealing too much? More likely though is that too much is being made of the comments. I'd guess all the teams don't fully understand their cars yet, honestly.

Which team is gong to manage the tyres the best is the question. Car design is not as important these days as we've had several years of stability and most of the innovatitive concepts on the cars have been carried across to their rivals in some shape or other.

Recent past has shown that McLaren has a car that soft on its tyres and they sometimes struggle to get them up to temprature quickly enough, particularly Button. Mercedes have had cars that over use their tyres and have them struggling in the midfield and then go backwards throughout the race. If it happens this year Hamilton could find himself embarassed during the races as he battles with Torro Rosso over 14th.

I went with Alonso last year and he nearly did it. Tempted to stick with him but I think I'll jump ship and go for Vettel achieving 4 in a row. I think RBR, Newey and his team on engineers will be able to manage the tyres the best. First half of last year they didn't look as dominant as they had the previous year, but by the end of the season they should their strength that no team could match.

Which team is gong to manage the tyres the best is the question. Car design is not as important these days as we've had several years of stability and most of the innovatitive concepts on the cars have been carried across to their rivals in some shape or other.

Recent past has shown that McLaren has a car that soft on its tyres and they sometimes struggle to get them up to temprature quickly enough, particularly Button. Mercedes have had cars that over use their tyres and have them struggling in the midfield and then go backwards throughout the race. If it happens this year Hamilton could find himself embarassed during the races as he battles with Torro Rosso over 14th.

I went with Alonso last year and he nearly did it. Tempted to stick with him but I think I'll jump ship and go for Vettel achieving 4 in a row. I think RBR, Newey and his team on engineers will be able to manage the tyres the best. First half of last year they didn't look as dominant as they had the previous year, but by the end of the season they should their strength that no team could match.

I'd go with Red Bull/Vettel for the same reason. Their capacity to react to changes in the rules is unmatched at the moment, which is good since most of the rule changes affect them the most!