Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nns2703

Should Force India Hire Adrian Sutil Again?

I think Force India should hire him as he has proven earlier that he is fast,consistent and has experience.

And also he is best among all the other candidate.

He certainly has a fighting spirit.

Yep. Ready to launch an assault on the new season

What is the point?

He has raced absolutely nothing this year. He was a pretty average driver before, and after taking a year out doing nothing at all, I doubt he'll be any less average second time around.

Saying that, I don't want to see Senna or Alguersuari there either.

This was a pretty smashing thread.

Sutil's done nothing to shatter my impression of him as a decent mid-field guy who is pretty solid in the rain. Which actually makes him Hülkenberg-esque. Just worse. I don't know. The other options aren't any better. Go with the money.

It is telling that despite all the feeder series, junior series, local championships and whatnot that when it comes to fill an empty seat in F1, an also ran with a criminal record as his single most memorable accomplishment is the first candidate, and he isn't even a sponsor magnet or something like that.

The fact that in other cases it was more or less the same, with candidates like Alguersuari, Ant Davidson or some other guy with some experience in f1 above all the super duper winners of last seasons GP RAND(X) tell you a little bit about the actual distances between each series in motorsport.

There should be more fighting metaphor in this thread.

Or st least stuff about looking gay and pianos.

.....or Senna....or Kovi....or Heidfeld.....

Kovalainen yea, Heidfeld may be a BIT too old for a new F1 start (again???) and Senna... just no. It's not Sutil isn't good enough, he is. It's more about how many good people are left without a seat when you have VERGNE and RICCIARDO driving. It makes you think.

I think Vergne and Ricciardo are both pretty good, actually. Not sure how good they'll become, but I've always felt Vergne had a lot of potential. The guy just looks like the perfect F1 champion, too.

I simply don't understand why people are making so much fuss over kobayashi.He had his chances but never able to prove himself.

He is average driver at best.He is not even able to beat his slow teammate in qualifing.

Kobayashi is definitely a mid-pack driver. But he has a style that's fun to watch. Force India's a mid-pack team, so there's nothing wrong there given the options. I'd rather see Grosjean at Lotus, personally, because he's fast even if he can be a real mess. However, the idea of Kobayashi and Räikkönen doing press conferences together tempts me to support that actually happening.

Vijay never run behind money.He just see the potential in driver,if any driver has potential and is free,he would hv hired him instantly like hulk.

But koba,kovi(outperformed by petrov this season despite have to adapt in new team) doesn't have that.

So,the only best option left is sutil that's why mallya is thinking to hire him but sutil visa issue preventing him to get the seat

I simply don't understand why people are making so much fuss over kobayashi.He had his chances but never able to prove himself.

He is average driver at best.He is not even able to beat his slow teammate in qualifing.

kamui made some of the best overtakes this season, so really, you must be kidding me. of all the options without a seat, kamui is definitely someone to keep. and like Massa (the user not the driver lol) said, it's a midfield team, we are not talking about Ferrari or RBR. If Perez can get a MCLAREN seat I can't see why Kamui can't get even a damn Force India.

Yep, you're right Kati! More exciting than Sutil for sure, even if his season wasn't exactly stellar. Welcome back, by the way :)

Koba is certainly more exciting then sutil but not as fast as sutil.

Sutil lost his drive only due to GBH conviction.If he wasn't fast then why ferrari had considered him for massa replacement?

Everyone in the paddock used to rate him(sutil) very highly.

Koba is certainly more exciting then sutil due to his overtaking skill but in terms of pure pace he is not that fast as sutil.

Sutil lost his drive only due to GBH conviction.If he wasn't fast then why ferrari had considered him for massa replacement?

Everyone in the paddock used to rate him(sutil) very highly.

I don't really think anyone was ever considered to replace Massa for 2013 or mid-season 2012. Ferrari put pressure on him that way, and the media ran with it (and invented some of their own rumors, like the Paul di Resta one that was really just Jackie Stewart suggesting he should be). Of course, they should have realized that Massa doesn't respond well to that kind of stuff; some drivers do, others need to be coddled along. I don't think there's anything wrong with either way, or anything between that, as long as the results come.

Anyway, Sutil not being considered for Ferrari doesn't make him any slower. I think he's fairly quick and like Kobayashi, I have no problem seeing him in a mid-pack ride. Kobayashi can make a highlight or two, though, so for that reason alone I prefer him. He's more fun to watch finish tenth place than Sutil was, for me, at least.

But if Sutil gets the ride, good for him. I'm not against that.