Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Massa

2013 Sprint Cup, Nationwide, And Camping World Truck Series

Ricky Stenhouse declined to comment on whether he and Danica Patrick are dating. So, they are. Now you know why her marriage ended...

Mark Martin says he is not retiring. He has said he is retiring multiples times and never did, so I guess by saying he won't, he really will?

Brian Scott's Nationwide Camaro is pretty sharp:

2-shore-lodge.jpg

The Mid-Ohio round of the NNS should be a highlight as it joins Road America and Watkins Glen. It's amazing how NASCAR runs more high-quality, natural terrain road courses than IndyCar does these days.

I think NNS has potential to have the best points battle. Sports car legend Brian Vickers, Elliott Sadler, Sam Hornish, Regan Smith, Austin Dillon, and Trevor Bayne should all be up there. You'll also have long shots like Justin Allgaier, Parker Kligerman, and Nelson Piquet, Jr. In individual races, Cup drivers like Busch, Johnson, Earnhardt, Keselowski, Logano, Kenseth, Kahne, and Harvick will be in the mix. Not a bad lineup over there.

Some good news: tons of the smaller teams in Sprint Cup are picking up sponsorship (TBR, Swan Racing, etc) for this year. Less start-and-park? Hopefully.

A week from Saturday and this all starts with the ARCA race.

Last year's finish was pretty crazy.

After ARCA is the "Sprint Unlimited." The Bud Shootout when I was a kid, the Busch Clash when someone else was a kid.

Next day is Daytona 500 qualifying which isn't really qualifying it's just...not even worth explaining. :lol:

Will be good to see the stock cars again.

I'd need to actually understand.

I think they do the normal two-lap, single-car qualifying on Sunday. The top two are locked in.

The cars finishing odd-numbers in owner points in 2012 go in one race Thursday. Even-numbers go in the other race Thursday. They are lined up by qualifying speed amongst those pools. Only exception is the front row are each in a separate race.

The top fifteen cars that are not already on the front row then get locked in by finishing position. So now we have 32 cars in the race.

Positions 33-36 would then be the four fastest drivers from Sunday not already in the race.

Positions 37-42 would then be the highest-classified in 2012 owner points not already in the race.

43 would either be the most recent past champion not already in the race, or the next highest-classified in 2012 owner points.

Starting at Phoenix, qualifying will be fastest 36 locked in with 37-42 based on owner points and 43 the same thing (past champ or owner points).

I think?

And they say Formula 1 is hard to understand....

Are you sure they all drive in the same direction?

New twist: you can only use a past champion's provisional once in every six races. Helps eliminate the start-and-park practice of dusting off the corpse of the 1867 Slim Jim All-Pro Super Modified Horse-and-Buggy Dash Series West presented by Craftsman champion to guarantee your car gets in the show.

No wonder Bill Elliott has no plans for 2013.

ARCA entry list for next weekend's race.

Some people to know:

Kyle Larson. Running NNS for Turner and part of Ganassi's program. Might be the greatest future talent there is in stock car racing.

Bobby Gerhart. He wins this race every year.

Mason Mingus. What a name.

Milka Duno. Too bad she doesn't have a co-driver to carry her.

James Hylton. He is literally 78 years old. Seriously.

Chad Boat. Son of Billy Boat.

Julien Jousse. The former FR3.5 runner-up and Le Mans Series champion.

http://arcaracing.com/schedule.php?contentid=1771&display=event_entry#details

I am deeply troubled by the lack of information coming about about nobody's favorite Nationwide team, Tri-Star Motorsports. I see Eric McClure is back to dominate 24th place, and Hal Martin is going to attempt a season of dominating the outside wall, but no mention of the former champions they employed last season.

"Shallow" Hal Martin sees Amber Cope when Chrissy Wallace walks by. "Slippery" Mike Bliss sees the air. I know which guy I want on my team.

Get to know the 2013 Sprint Cup drivers.

Za5qvdB.png

That was a compelling list.

Also, I read on the internet that Oakwood Joe merged with Jay Robinson. I don't see any possible way that this can fail.

I hope the fifteen NNS races Joe runs are the same fifteen Danica's doing. If they're going to show her, she may as well be side-by-side with someone.

I'm sad that she isn't running more races. It's the only way the 12th-21st place cars are guaranteed any TV time, and anyone I care about is in that general area.

I tell ya what, if that cat Dana Kirkpatrick here was doing the Cup and these Nationwide races all in the same weekend, wow, that's like halving your cake and eating in two, man, that's flat drivin' there when ya do that ya know, Steve Wallace did it back in Daytona a couple years ago and let me tell ya, it took quite a few Alabama Title Loans to get that whole kinda deal goin' and that's all I wanna say about that, Andy.

Did you get bored with just talking to me and Craig in this thread or something? :P

No, I'm joking. Welcome, bumpsteer.

I promise I'll contribute something worthwile. Eventually.

Hey...that's what I said 4848 post's ago....

laugh.png No. The presence of bumpsteer and Thevdor will be to everyone's benefit.

See...now he even mentions other people more than us, Jim....in fact, he doesn't even mention us anymore.... byebye.gif

He's growing up, Craig. Give it a few weeks and he'll have forgotten completely what TF1 GPToday even was, and will have forgotten our names too. :(

:P