Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Massa

2013 Sprint Cup, Nationwide, And Camping World Truck Series

I promise I'll contribute something worthwile. Eventually.

Your two avatars have been extremely worthwhile.

See...now he even mentions other people more than us, Jim....in fact, he doesn't even mention us anymore.... byebye.gif

@HandyNZL #hashtag

There, I mentioned you.

He's growing up, Craig. Give it a few weeks and he'll have forgotten completely what TF1 GPToday even was, and will have forgotten our names too. sad.png

tongue.png

Growing up? You of all people should be aware that I'm already well into my 80s.

Yeah, the 1980's...Spandau Ballet etc... tongue.png

I have three of their tracks in my library, but I started a NASCAR thread, so you already knew my taste was awful. :P

You mean you're into your 80th girlfriend? tongue.png

Into? Massa never goes in; girls have cooties.

I think if I exaggerated, I could pretend I've had three girlfriends. Fairest is to say I've had one and dated a few others. The other girls I've dated were "ARCA girlfriends." They don't really count, in the same way Bobby Gerhart's eight ARCA Daytona wins don't surpass the seven real ones Richard Petty has...

Max Papis will do some NNS events.

He's so concerned with living strog that he couldn't give a Sturbucks about his competitors.

I love how Edwards and Shaw rip into him.

In other news, Mason Mingus is Landon Cassill. They are identical, except for the part where they don't look that much alike.

http://images.google.com/imgres?q=Mason+Mingus&hl=en&tbo=d&biw=1290&bih=858&tbm=isch&tbnid=jE8cXmqyxk497M:&imgrefurl=http://www.masonmingusracing.com/media.html&docid=si--zFgzgQrU2M&imgurl=http://www.masonmingusracing.com/images/pageimg/pagesimg_16.jpg&w=342&h=419&ei=ikMcUbyOOMWz0QHklIHoDA&zoom=1&ved=1t:3588,r:11,s:0,i:117&iact=rc&dur=1580&sig=116065977037368798072&page=1&tbnh=205&tbnw=203&start=0&ndsp=23&tx=101&ty=84

I am still upset that my cable package doesn't include FOX Deportes. I wanted to actually enjoy the Daytona 500 this year.

What's uglier...

...the mayonnaise cake...

28915_543477579018875_1274744728_n.jpg

...the 18-34 demographic...

60-mediatour-rf.jpg

...or the garbage outfit Travis Pastrana threw together to show us he's as sloppy in real life is he was in the car at Charlotte last year...

roush_pastrana_article.jpg

ARCA qualifying took place today.

1. John Wes Townley

2. Milka Duno

3. Bobby Gerhart

4. Darrell Wallace, Jr.

5. Julien Jousse

If I didn't know any better, I'd assume Milka Duno was the 78-year-old driver they keep talking about.

It's also nice to see Julien Jousse qualify well. After Ecclestone's Hitler comments, his F1 career was never going to work out.

Thank goodness I am no longer in the 18-34 demographic.

(Damn I wish I still was....aging sucks)

Contrary to Jayski's entry list, Bliss is racing for the chosen manufacturer and is now allowed to win.

http://www.jayski.com/news/schemes/2013/story/_/page/2013-NASCAR-Sprint-Cup-19-Team-Schemes

Contrary to everything I've ever said, the small spoiler is for Daytona-only. Back to the big one for the other races. Too bad.

Then again, I'm not sure these drivers are bright enough to handle one. I completely understand why James Finch didn't put Adderallmendinger in the 51 to be Shootout-eligible. You're guaranteed to ruin the car in the same way Marc Reno ruined P.J. Jones' career.

Thank goodness I am no longer in the 18-34 demographic.

(Damn I wish I still was....aging sucks)

The thing with people online is that they're always the same age to me. You are perpetually 36, so you were never in the demographic, but you're also not aging.

The ugliest thing is my soul after looking at the rear 3/4 view of a Nationwide car.

I really hope Morgan Shepherd can get a read on his new Dodge Challenger. I want to see those cars at the front.

ARCA race starts at 21:30 UTC/GMT. A little under one hour from this post.

The production SS (Holden Commodore) was unveiled today. The racecar SS really needs to get the headlight decals updated to more accurately reflect the actual thing, which looks a ton better. Until then, I will continue to wish for Toyota dominance.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2014-chevrolet-ss/

Danica Patrick is on pole. Not sure whether to be enthusiastic or not.

Yeah??? At which club? Is it a Las Vegas one, or one in LA or something? Will there be an online video feed? I always figured she'd be a good dancer drool.gif

She will lead a few laps, get shuffled to midpack, then make a bold move that takes a bunch of cars out. I won't be paying attention as I will be looking at my twitter feed instead, depressed by the fact that Mike Bliss isn't in the race.

John Wes Townley won a professional auto race. Enthusiasm restored.

As someone with vague familial ties to Bobby Gerhart, I'm pretty disappointed that they had VD calculate the fuel for them. I guess they used the ARCA multiplier and got a caution-free final half instead.

Rick Allen caught me off-guard at least. I was expecting, "Problems!" and got something else...

Issues!

...and then he led me into some middle school bullying victim cures the AIDS of the kids who used to stuff him in lockers story that went nowhere...

There's a great story on the side of his car today. It says "Moose" on it and that's because he used to have a moose on his Bandolero car so everyone called him "Moose."

What an excellent story. I hope they put it on the ARCA Mobile 200 app.

It made me aware of NASCAR's ballast rules, so I'm glad it happened. (Ballast had nothing to do with the pole, by the way, so it's a non-issue. I'm more interested in what size restrictor plate she was allowed to run. FOX damned their own story by showing the ghost cars. I hope @turbojunker made a Kenny Irwin reference).

She will lead a few laps, get shuffled to midpack, then make a bold move that takes a bunch of cars out. I won't be paying attention as I will be looking at my twitter feed instead, depressed by the fact that Mike Bliss isn't in the race.

She wrecks in the Duel, taking out Kurt Busch and Bobby Labonte among others. Busch uses the provisional to knock Labonte out of the field, while Danica starts last in a backup car. Bliss makes the field, only to have Labonte and Kroger buy him out of the ride and finish P24, one lap down. Busch wins the race using lessons learned from his brother, The Intimidator. FOX sues for rescission of their new TV deal, NASCAR folds, the FIA buys ARCA, and racing is never the same again.

Brian Scott and Bobby Gerhart entered for the NNS race. Saturday calendar cleared.

18:15 UTC/GMT start time.

In the meantime, there's a late model race tonight with some kids with those new age names like Myatt and Kaz. Bobby Santos and the Whelen Modifieds tomorrow before a K&N race. These are all on the .4 mile track that Daytona is making out of something (hopefully not cones, for the sake of those who tweet).

I loved the final stint of the late model race, but I am really disappointed in how Kyle Larson drove. Totally agree with Hermie Sadler; first move was fine, second move wasn't. Great hard racing up until Larson's cheap shot...

He brought great shame to P.J.'s #98. :(

(Because P.J. never got a 30-day suspension from USAC for ramming into some 78-year-old guy who called him "Little Rufus." Never).

I like how Larson got into a Whelen Modified all-star race without having ever run one.