Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kati

So, What Did You Do This Year?

I have been away for a (long) while and well, the year is just about to end, so I thought it'd be a good idea to think about everything we did this year and if it was good or what.

Myself, I quit my job ah... three times? (to be very fair two of those were at the same place, and the last one was because of moving out) No, I am not a bad professional. I just knew I could get the same job elsewhere in a minute, somewhere where they'd not shout at you.

I went to the UK twice, and I also went to Lisbon. Too warm for me.

I tried to learn italian, but couldn't be bothered going on. Did not go to Interlagos, as I am on a saving money phase - but hopefully I'll go to a different race either 2013 or 2014 (depending on what new job I may get and how much money will it make).

What about you guys, what did you do this year?

It's hard for me to think of things in terms of a calendar year and not an academic one. laugh.png

I started at a new university in January after transferring from another one. Moved back into my house as opposed to student accommodation and started driving 60 miles round trip to go to class which I prefer significantly (driving around other motorists is frustrating, but on the rare day when there's light traffic, driving's exactly the kind of introspective, lonely thing I love to do). It's worked out really well for me academically and just as a person in general.

I acquired my first paying job, which is excellent because it's completely in-line with where I want to go career-wise.

I lost touch with the very last high school friends I had, which I'm not actually as sad about as I would have expected. I've made very few new ones, though. laugh.png

I watched more F1 than I had in 2009-2011 combined.

2013 plans? I'll finish university in December and by that time will hopefully have an acceptance to start graduate school. Evidently, my life isn't very well-rounded, just academics. I'm alright with that.

Mine was mostly university based too, but I've experienced quite a few new things thanks to the course I picked.

Did some basic TV and radio work, did video production, met and interviewed a racing driver for a piece of work, had to go to both court and council to get a story, not to mention interviewing random people on the street too. Oh, and started teeline shorthand...

All very different experiences and things I hadn't done before...so it has been interesting.

Away from uni, I started writing for two motorsport websites, and attended several races. Highlight for me was taking part in a new World Record at Silverstone. That was very cool.

2012's not been the best year for me for some other reasons, but yeah...looking forward to 2013 being a lot better. Scary to think that in September I'll be starting my last year at university. It still doesn't feel like it was a very long time since I started. Time really does fly.

My memory is so bad! But experiences that stand out are going to Monaco for the GP; seeing the Stone Roses at Heaton Park; having a funny time at Reading festival and of course, that prostitute in Amsterdam. That last one was a joke. She wasn't memorable at all she only wanted to exploit me for an extortionate amount of money.

Welcome back Katy! You´re gorgeous as ever! This year? Business as usual and one big mark at the middle of the year: I´ll get 50! So I´m working on a trip with friends to the caribean beach! Sorry Katy, Freaky and Kopite but no ladies allowed! Not even my wife!! More details coming soon

Welcome back Katy! You´re gorgeous as ever! This year? Business as usual and one big mark at the middle of the year: I´ll get 50! So I´m working on a trip with friends to the caribean beach! Sorry Katy, Freaky and Kopite but no ladies allowed! Not even my wife!! More details coming soon

When's your birthday?

Come to Rio. Don't worry, I won't be here.

Well, 2012 has been my most eventful year so far.

I managed to get myself a condo over here in Kuala Lumpur. It isn't much, but after years of renting having your own place feels so liberating. It's just finished its renovation, which is good - because it's crucial to the next part:

Yeah, so I got married on the 29th of December to my girlfriend of 9 years. As is required, it was done in the motorsports "off" season tongue.png. Would love to post photos, but my incompotence and mediocracy have risen again.

• Had a 4x4 experience
  • Went sailing for the first time
  • Went to the British GP Paddock Club
  • Lost a good friend through biking
  • Went to the NEC Bike Show
  • Went on holiday to Dubai.
  • Got annoyed at TF1's name change
  • Used bullett points unnecessarily.

• Had a 4x4 experience

Is that an orgy??

Don't think I have done anything of note this year that I can think of.................

The wife won a naked photoshoot and actually went through with it if that counts?? :lol:

• Had a 4x4 experience

Is that an orgy??

biggrin.png

Well, it could mean one of many things:

• For the first time, calculated four squared
  • Had an experience with a 16 year old
  • Built a cupboard using some wood with a square cross-section
  • Drank 4 pints of an Australian lager...
  • Locked his differential (ooh err missus!) or
  • Engaged in too much four play biggrin.png

That reminds me of the old joke:

<looks around> Hey, mister, you got any dirty pictures of your wife?

No!

Do you want some?

smile.png

I always say yes to having dirty pictures of the wife :whistling::lol:

Is that an orgy??

No. It just means I got wood.

I´ll do my best but I´m far away from the january+Rio+trip.

I'm going to Edinburgh, it'll be way more expensive.

Ah OK, I'll leave a brown envelope with the photos in behind the bin near the railway station, just leave £50 in used fivers by the side wink.png

I will end up selling you all the pix you have not got whistling.giflaugh.png

So Paul went ahead with his wife's highlight of the year, that's funny xD

I didn't do much all in all but I'm happy with 2012 so I'll tell you :D

Worked in the UK for 8 months and made a few good friends over there.

Got through the worst "semester" uni could throw at me and kept good grades.

Learned a bit about dancing salsa :D

Convinced my brother to move to the UK temporarily which proved to be a great idea!

Went to Warwick Economics Summit and enjoyed it xD

Got my driver's license in an almost perfectly legal way :whistling:

Watched a lot of F1, even at crazy times of day, like in the good old times.

Got my boyfriend to eat tomato and like it :lol:

Managed to stay alive in TF1 and keep track of what you were doing around here :)

So Paul went ahead with his wife's highlight of the year, that's funny xD

I didn't do much all in all but I'm happy with 2012 so I'll tell you biggrin.png

Worked in the UK for 8 months and made a few good friends over there.

Got through the worst "semester" uni could throw at me and kept good grades.

Learned a bit about dancing salsa biggrin.png

Convinced my brother to move to the UK temporarily which proved to be a great idea!

Went to Warwick Economics Summit and enjoyed it xD

Got my driver's license in an almost perfectly legal way whistling.gif

Watched a lot of F1, even at crazy times of day, like in the good old times.

Got my boyfriend to eat tomato and like it laugh.png

Managed to stay alive in TF1 and keep track of what you were doing around here smile.png

Exsqueeze me?? I think you will find it was a pretty good highlight for me too :whistling:

• Lost a good friend through biking

Sorry for your loss...Was it during a biking incident?

Cyclists are being trampled over here left right and centre. About a year ago a drunk motorist mauled down about 6 cyclist' and tried to make a getaway from the scene...then about a week ago, a top mountain bike athlete, Burry Stander, was hit by a taxi and died on the scene...

Sad world we live in....