Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamanta

Monza 2013 - Tips For Going To The Race

Hello friends,

I'll be going to my first GP this year and I chose MONZA! I'm really excited about it. For those who have been there before: Where is the best place to sit? I want to see some action while being able to take some good pictures (no fence in front would be great). My 'last wish' is to be able to get on the track fast so i can see the trophy ceremony. I am looking at these spots. Which can provide a good mix of these things I'm looking for?

Tribuna Ascari - 16

Prima Varianti - 8B or 8A

Tribuna Laterale - 26B

Last but not least, I'm thinking about taking my wife and 3-year old daughter. If they go, we would have to go into the general admission area. Where should we sit? (I'm thinking in the entrance of Parabolica) Also, do we need to get there early to secure good spots? What about the noise? I'm concerned she'll cry the whole time and ruin the experience.

THANKS!

Well, I know nothing of Monza (sorry) but I have an inkling that 3-year olds are sensitive to noise, so buy her some earmuffs (or whatever they're called) beforehand!

Take a lot of sun protection and a big bunch of money... Ha...

i was there in 2006; sat at Ascari - about the middle of the grandstand - pretty amazing view of the cars coming into the corner and taking off

i have been to montreal as well - as great as montreal is, monza is just so awesome. the atmosphere, being able to walk amoungst the campers on the inside portion of the track (don't arrive too early sunday - parties still strewn about!) and the food and drink options, while expensive, are an addition (i am handy with a knife and fork) especially compared to what was on offer at montreal (if you were not in an extra-cost area)

pretty loud - >really< loud actually - might take a soundproof box to protect a child. the actual noise is not the only issue - you can FEEL the sound waves if you are close enough when they floor it. feels like your internal organs vibrate

would be a hike to get to the grandstand i think, but the big screen was across the track

don't miss the opportunity to stand on the banked curve of the old track - it is amazing to see the steepness of the bank - i can't imagine what willpower it took to drive into that corner and go "up" the bank while going around the corner

plus milan is amazing

some of the support races were great as well - i have a picture of a porsche going backwards (after a spin caused by letting a tire into the dirt on the inside of the corner) on the tarmac with the car behind him (that one going in the normal direction) with about 3 inches between bumpers! that must have been a surprise to both drivers

Havent been to monza so my advice are the ones i think could apply to any track. Suncream. Always. I got a bad sunburn that hurt for days and with a toddler, u cant risk that. take snacks with you if possible. Here they restrict the access of certain things, and idk how the rules are there, but if you can, take some snacks for the family. these things are always overpriced there. Earplugs for the toddler. It can get real noisy depending on how close to the track you are. a hat for the wife and toddler if it's sunny and raincoats in case it rains. You'll need a survival pack ^^

I went to the Japanese race last year and Friday and Saturday you could sit anywhere except for the main grandstand. Only on Sunday you had to sit where you ticket told you.