Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

2013 First Test (No, Not Cricket...)

Well, they are going vroom vroom like a Mazda at Jerez....and leading the way as I type this, Massa, setting a 1:36 and change. Future World Champ that lad.... :P

More times to come when they, er, complete some laps....

No, wait....a 1:22 and change by Maldonaldo....he'll be word champ with that sublime pace!

Rosberg now topping the times with a 1:20.8...looks like HE'LL be word champ...oh it's so confusing and hard to keep up with all these possible world champions!!!

So after one hours running it looks like Rosberg will be world champ (Merc WCChamps), Massa as the bridesmaid (Ferrari first loser in the WCChampionship), Maldonaldo third, the Hulk fourth with his super snazzy slimline sidepods (how do you like my alliteration, huh, huh?), Webber in fifth showing that RBR are going to fall massively from grace, and Greedo....er I mean Guido van der Garde in sixth...not bad for a green alie...er, I mean rookie driver in his first season...

I'm so glad that pre-season testing shows me acurately the strengths and weaknesses of the cars and who is gonna clean up (Rosberg!!)...I'm off to the betting shop to lay a bet on him now....I'm thinking 2-million pesos...

Chilton slots in a 1:33...I like the car, and Sam had big props out of the UK media during the GP2 season (not that I saw what they saw), but I will be genuinely interested in seeing Marussia progress this year...actually, with Force India possibly having no money, I can see both Marussia and Caterham overtaking Force India...

Oh bloody heck...I just lost all me pesos on Rosberg...he just stopped out on track...oh why oh why did I trust in the first hours testing form???? I feel like such a newbie....

no.gif

Report is that he has stopped with a small amount of smoke coming from the car....maybe it was his Dad driving and he's stopped for a fag?

Appears Button had a fuel pump issue. Wonder if that means it was the pump on the car, or the pump in the pits? Either way, he wasn't getting no gas.

Doing his bit to save the world that lad.

Chilton and his super smooth race car are now turning sub 90-sec laps...lets see how far he progresses...still just under 5-seconds slower than Webber who is the man just ahead of him.

After two hours of going around in circles, the times are:

1: ROS1.20.846

2: MAL1.21.215

3: RIC1.21.316

4: HUL1.21.533

5: MAS1.21.598

6: WEB1.22.959

7: GAR1.24.994

8: CHI1.25.176

9: BUT

10: DIR

11: PER

12: GROundefined

Almost midnight...time to leave the little boys driving around in circles and hit the hay....

Rosberg now topping the times with a 1:20.8...looks like HE'LL be word champ...oh it's so confusing and hard to keep up with all these possible world champions!!!

Don't joke like that, after topping the times DURING first testing last year the Alonso fans went crazy!!!!

More soccer-mums get in on the action, whilst the coach has set out the cones for dribble practise...

216264.jpg

Same corner, cars almost the same spot....Sauber-pods look very narrow compared with the Marussia

216256.jpg

216254.jpg

Sauber-pods clearly inside the wheels...reminiscent of Formula Ford....maybe someone from Swift is working for them?