Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

2013 First Test (No, Not Cricket...)

Where the plop do you get McLaren = fragile? The fuel pump had a fault...it wasn't the chassis breaking in two. Fuel pumps fail, no big deal.

The only thing that can conclusively be drawn from the first day of testing is that Button will be WDChampion......the rest is just mere details....

Always seem to happen with Mclaren, these little unfortunate incidents. They went revolutionary and still have alot to learn, even with the pullrod suspension... Ferrari had a year with them. For Button to be champion this year and getting the car suited to his driving style they dont want to have him crying over the radio again.... "The car's handling is horrible"..."I suffer from massive understeer"... "i cant get this car turned in at this corner"...."This car is not stable"

Mclaren still have lots of issues to sort outsnigger.gif

What is there to learn about pull rod suspension? Basically it is just an upside down version of a push-rod suspension...it's as basic as butter on toast. They (the teams) only ever went away from pull rod when the noses got high and skinny...it's not some black magic mumbo jumbo that they have to work out...they just go look at an old car, and if I do recall correctly, some of those old cars of the past 30-years of McLaren tended to stick like snot on a rag to the race track.

What we have now with pull rod suspension is a bunch of ingrate journalists that have no technical, nor historical nous, reporting on Formula One in sound-byte staccato. And then the masses lap it up because their attention span is 140-characters (which means you stopped reading this about the ")" after "teams"). Because a journalist doesn't understand it, doesn't mean the teams don't.

The suspension type had nothing to do with Ferrari's, really Massa's, woes last year, but since someone reported it as such, they ran with it, and thus could concentrate on the real reason that the car had no one lap pace (which is all that it ever really had wrong with it last year (if you discount aesthetics and a Brazilian driver)).

The fuel pump is a basic piston...get manufacturing tolerances wrong, or the seal is a bit naff, and you get a problem as there will not be enough (or even too much) fuel delivered to the engine. It's certainly no the end of the world, and in no way means McLaren are stuffing up beyond all belief....so what are these massive issues to sort?????

The "lost Lotus" thing is a take on Kimi's Brazil weekend.

Yeah, Handy, Button will be WDC this year, but all bets are off if Perez goes faster today. Then I'd call for Perez WDC 2013

Well, I got on Jens at 8-1 at the bookies last week - he's 5-1 this morning. The only things that can stop him are reliability issues and Adrian Newey. Alonso will hound him and so will Kimi. Though he has matured considerably as a driver, I believe the car brought Vettel the triple. All these boys are quick but Button is the Professor re-incarnate and he will be hard to beat.

Hamilton has whacked her good and proper into the barriers...scratch one Mercedes chassis.

And that, they say, is how you win friends and influence people :P

Well, I got on Jens at 8-1 at the bookies last week - he's 5-1 this morning. The only things that can stop him are reliability issues and Adrian Newey. Alonso will hound him and so will Kimi. Though he has matured considerably as a driver, I believe the car brought Vettel the triple. All these boys are quick but Button is the Professor re-incarnate and he will be hard to beat.

But Prost isn't dead...

...you need to reincarnate another driver instead...did you not read your Cult Voodoo Devil Reincarnation 101 Manual (or how to draw really accurate pentagons)?

But Prost isn't dead...

...you need to reincarnate another driver instead...did you not read your Cult Voodoo Devil Reincarnation 101 Manual (or how to draw really accurate pentagons)?

I think he meant Professor Pat Pending.

Always seem to happen with Mclaren, these little unfortunate incidents. They went revolutionary and still have alot to learn, even with the pullrod suspension... Ferrari had a year with them. For Button to be champion this year and getting the car suited to his driving style they dont want to have him crying over the radio again.... "The car's handling is horrible"..."I suffer from massive understeer"... "i cant get this car turned in at this corner"...."This car is not stable"

Mclaren still have lots of issues to sort outsnigger.gif

laugh.png Reading this it was like listening to him once again, I actually heard his voice in my head and I am not saying I have mental problems just that it seems like listening to him and not reading it from, oh well you know what I mean if I actually meant something here.

What is there to learn about pull rod suspension? Basically it is just an upside down version of a push-rod suspension...it's as basic as butter on toast. They (the teams) only ever went away from pull rod when the noses got high and skinny...it's not some black magic mumbo jumbo that they have to work out...they just go look at an old car, and if I do recall correctly, some of those old cars of the past 30-years of McLaren tended to stick like snot on a rag to the race track.

What we have now with pull rod suspension is a bunch of ingrate journalists that have no technical, nor historical nous, reporting on Formula One in sound-byte staccato. And then the masses lap it up because their attention span is 140-characters (which means you stopped reading this about the ")" after "teams"). Because a journalist doesn't understand it, doesn't mean the teams don't.

The suspension type had nothing to do with Ferrari's, really Massa's, woes last year, but since someone reported it as such, they ran with it, and thus could concentrate on the real reason that the car had no one lap pace (which is all that it ever really had wrong with it last year (if you discount aesthetics and a Brazilian driver)).

The fuel pump is a basic piston...get manufacturing tolerances wrong, or the seal is a bit naff, and you get a problem as there will not be enough (or even too much) fuel delivered to the engine. It's certainly no the end of the world, and in no way means McLaren are stuffing up beyond all belief....so what are these massive issues to sort?????

That may be true but what is certain is that Grosjean just crushed Jenson fastest time by posting the fastest time of the week, remember that Jenson time was being called incredible I guess that will make Grosjean WDC even if he continues crashing a lot.

Grosjean has the hottest WAG of them all. Therefore, he is my new candidate. Now I finally know why nothing, not even his abysmal handling at the start of each GP could erase that smile from his face.

That may be true but what is certain is that Grosjean just crushed Jenson fastest time by posting the fastest time of the week, remember that Jenson time was being called incredible I guess that will make Grosjean WDC even if he continues crashing a lot.

Can't wait to see what Kimi does in this car....

Yeah me too, but I expect his times to be very close to Grosjean's I think Kimi will do better in races than in these tests.

[color=#000000][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(189, 205, 228)]Grosjean posts a time of 1:18.218 to extend his advantage even further[/background][/size][/font][/color]

Grosjean is now down to a 1m18.218s. He does these times on 5 lap stints, which suggest low fuel. I don't know which tyre being used...

Button's time yesterday was set on hards on a a 3 lap stint at the end of the day. Pirelli said they aimed to make the hard faster than the medium tyre, so mabe they're successful....

Conclusion!!!!! I still know fokoll !!!!!

not sure he will beat Romain. I believe Romain will give him a run for his money this year.

Lotus were fastest in last year's test and won the WCC.

in style nogal...the car was 2 seconds faster than anyone whole year and as a result of this, both drivers were named driver of the year. Sebastian, admirably for the circumstances that surrounded all this, did an excellent job ending 3rd in the standings. Kimi 2nd championship win made up for the 2005 disaster, even though it was his comeback year, said he was going to drink whole year. Romain just smiled from ear to ear....happy chap

But I've already placed my mealion dollar bet....

dr_evil_one_million.jpg

Unfortunately for you 2 Vettel is also making secret plans...I would urge you to reconsider betting againts him

post-1015-0-76933600-1360215853.jpg

I sure hope Lotus can take the fight to RBR... Man, it would be heaven those 2 teams battling it out for the championships...

BBC F1 technical analyst Gary Anderson in Jerez

"I've been out on the track watching the cars and the Lotus continues to look very impressive. The front end is always there, the traction is good and Romain Grosjean is able to be committed on the throttle. Sergio Perez was on a long run in the McLaren and he was very consistent. It also looks pretty good. The Toro Rosso has lost its edge from yesterday - now the rear is moving too much, which was always their problem last year. Red Bull I believe are concentrating on reliability before some upgrades but at the moment it looks like a one-line car - if the driver misses the turn-in, it's hard to get the nose back on line. The Ferrari looks OK, but its tyres are going off more quickly than some others - and it's not always riding the bumps as well as the best."

I sure hope Lotus can take the fight to RBR... Man, it would be heaven those 2 teams battling it out for the championships...

BBC F1 technical analyst Gary Anderson in Jerez

"I've been out on the track watching the cars and the Lotus continues to look very impressive. The front end is always there, the traction is good and Romain Grosjean is able to be committed on the throttle. Sergio Perez was on a long run in the McLaren and he was very consistent. It also looks pretty good. The Toro Rosso has lost its edge from yesterday - now the rear is moving too much, which was always their problem last year. Red Bull I believe are concentrating on reliability before some upgrades but at the moment it looks like a one-line car - if the driver misses the turn-in, it's hard to get the nose back on line. The Ferrari looks OK, but its tyres are going off more quickly than some others - and it's not always riding the bumps as well as the best."

Let me put that through the translator machiney muh-bob:

I've been out on the track watching the cars and the Lotus continues to look very impressive.

I've been lounging around the track occassionaly looking to see where all the noise is coming from, and every now and then this black and gold car comes by, and I get all misty eyed thinking of the Lotus 72....

The front end is always there, the traction is good and Romain Grosjean is able to be committed on the throttle

It drives in the same direction, always. The tyres touch the ground, they go around, and the car moves. Romain Grosjean needs to be committed, otherwise someone will throttle him this year...maybe Sutil if he gets the Force India drive...he has a record for that sort of thing.

Sergio Perez was on a long run in the McLaren and he was very consistent.

Sergio Perez kept going around in circles, and with some consistency, every time I went to chat up this blonde bird, he would blast by and then my pick up lines could not be heard by her. So I would say what I wanted to her, but of course she couldn't hear a word of it, and so I am left with this cheesey grin at the end of my pick up line, just looking at her like some weirdo clown / stalker / pervert awaitng her reply...which of course never came.

It also looks pretty good

The blonde looked exceptional. Sell your grandmother, exceptional. Sorry, I need to sit down...feeling faint....

The Toro Rosso has lost its edge from yesterday - now the rear is moving too much, which was always their problem last year.

The red head bird that was around yesterday is wiggling her backside too much...a little is OK, but it reaches a certain point and it goes from nice to stripper slutty. I hear from my mate that she was like that last year too. Maybe I should get her number.....

Red Bull I believe are concentrating on reliability before some upgrades but at the moment it looks like a one-line car

The purple bovine are slow and they know it...already they have some upgrades awaiting them, being a turbo (a year early I might add), a NOS installation, and a pair of fluffy dice to hang on the mirror. It only knows one pick up line...something about hoping the fall didn't hurt you and falling from the sky or something...either way...totally doesn't work...

- if the driver misses the turn-in, it's hard to get the nose back on line.

When sniffing coke lines in the back seat of a limo, and the driver turns quickly, your nose runs off line....

The Ferrari looks OK,

The Ferrari looks OK.....now, please post my cheque to.....

but its tyres are going off more quickly than some others -

The Ferrari mechanics are trialling no-nut wheel fixtures...doesn't seem to be working to well though....

and it's not always riding the bumps as well as the best

Sometimes you get one and she lies there like a starfish....

The breakages are one thing, but Hamilton said the W04 also needs more pace, ”I need more aero for sure. Coming from a McLaren that had incredible downforce, you definitely notice the difference.”

Translated....

I is phucked...is it coz I is black?

Live test thread: "We've just seen a Force India mechanic take a fall in the pit lane, but thankfully he's back up and unharmed"

Wah-hey!!!!! Lol lol lol