Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quiet One

T Minus 1 Month

ARGHHHHH!!

Come on! Melbourne can't come soon enough! Geez, these FIA guys and their silly racing calendars with these long off seasons...not all of us have a life, you know?

This is all political, I tell ya.

FFS!

Anyways, here are my very accurate predictions in case you asked for them which we all know you didn't.

It is going to be a fascinating, unpredictable season with the very predictable usual suspects performing in the end as we all would have predicted.

And that's it.

FFS.

Strange, my very accurate predictions tell me otherwise! with some usual suspects having tons of problems this year (except king Fernando of course and probably the very-good-when-he-starts-from-P1 Vettel). Three reasons: 1) very strong team mates; 2) reliability won't be the same for all in the first half; 3) bad blood between more contenders than ever.

Strange, my very predictable predictions tell me otherwise! with some usual suspects having tons of problems this year (except king Fernando of course and probably the very-good-when-he-starts-from-P1 Vettel). Three reasons: 1) verty strong team mates; 2) reliability won't be the same for all in the first half; 3) bad blood between more contenders than ever.

I predicted a reply like yours will come. Well, let me predict you this: last year every effort was made to ensure a more levelled field. And it almost worked (and people got mad at it even after years of asking for exactly that), but, in the end, the same candidates of the past seasons came up. At no point STR was close to win the WCC or De la Rosa close to a WDC. That. after 7 races with 7 different winners and Nico and Maldonado and all that jazz.

So, even if this year Alonso is banned, if Vettel is prevented from driving an RBR and given a Prius instead and ditto for Webber, Button, Hamilton and Massa, I will still consider them candidates and not worry too much about Chilton winning this year.

I predicted a reply like yours will come. Well, let me predict you this: last year every effort was made to ensure a more levelled field. And it almost worked (and people got mad at it even after years of asking for exactly that), but, in the end, the same candidates of the past seasons came up. At no point STR was close to win the WCC or De la Rosa close to a WDC. That. after 7 races with 7 different winners and Nico and Maldonado and all that jazz.

So, even if this year Alonso is banned, if Vettel is prevented from driving an RBR and given a Prius instead and ditto for Webber, Button, Hamilton and Massa, I will still consider them candidates and not worry too much about Chilton winning this year.

I predicted you would answer with this kind of arguments, but... and here my cristal ball gets a little bit fuzzy, I see Button having major problems with Perez, Hamilton with Rosberg, may be even Fernando with Massa, and surely Kimi with Grosjean (I think Lotus might have a chance to win it all this year). Moreover, some teams like Williams or Sauber might emerge as a contender in a few races, amid reliability issues for the big guys, complicating things further for them. So, no, I don't see a "normal" season for 2013, but I see one of the best given the unprecedented (as far as I can remember at least) number and quality of the drivers who can hope for some success.

Gee gawd damn it....there is still another test yet...how can you possibly predict anything without first predicting your predictions based off the predicted possible performance parameters from watching the predictably predetated pre-season performance tests? Pee-oww

Gee gawd damn it....there is still another test yet...how can you possibly predict anything without first predicting your predictions based off the predicted possible performance parameters from watching the predictably predetated pre-season performance tests? Pee-oww

errrrrr.gif Ermm...

Source? :unsure:

I can say that this winter has been one of those very rare occasions that I haven't actually missed F1 at all. I haven't really given it much thought to be honest. I've been preoccupied with other things, and following winter sports and other forms of motorsport has meant that I've not been desperate for it to return. The season is so long and takes up so much of the year anyway, it is nice to have a few months without F1 to be honest.

Scandalous thought, I know. :P

Where is the button marked "Brand the heretic" on the keyboard?

Never mind... What's the cost of posting a 5 gallon tub of tar and 3 feather pillows to the UK?

tongue.png

:lol:

I've never missed F1 as much as I have this off-season. The end of 2012 was frustrating because I started missing a lot of races due to other obligations. Now, I haven't had a busy Sunday all winter, and here I am, with no Grands Prix!

There's really nothing quite like seeing those cars corner at impossible speed for the first time in the year. It never stops amazing me. F1 is just so exciting, no matter what happens. It's a real thrill to watch an F1 car do just about anything on the track and I can't wait to find out which one's the fastest. There need not be anything more than that to keep me interested. The rest is just a bonus so long as the cars are the fastest ones out there for closed circuit racing.

Those bonuses? I expect big things from Red Bull, McLaren, and Lotus, and smaller big things from Ferrari and Mercedes. I think one of the Saubers will hit above its weight and the other way below it, and I believe the lineup in Williams is one of the most exciting ones out there. I hope they don't fail the car like they did in 2012. You add in STR and Force India and the battle for those final points-paying spots seems to be well-contested.

Will you guys please breathe and stop expecting so much from Lotus?? Thank you, now I can return to my hibernation xD

Will you guys please breathe and stop expecting so much from Lotus?? Thank you, now I can return to my hibernation xD

You kidding, right? Team Poochie is back, baby!!! Not Kimi, of course, that's for frikkis like er...you :P and George and Brad...you poor things. This year is Romain's and his girlfriend *howls*

Of course, I expect Poochie for WCC, and Romain second in the WDC. Sorry, but Alonso for WDC is not negotiable.

Unless he loses itto Massa. Oh... I would hate that so much but at the same time it would be so freakishly funny!

Team Poochie????? HA! I say very loudly at you, good Sir. HA!

It's going to be McLaren for the WCC.

And if not them, then it will be RBR.

And if not them, then I have it on very good authority, that it will be Mercedes.

And if not them, then a little birdie told me it will be Ferrari.

And if not them, then a recently released government report has stated that it will be Williams

And if not them, then an old gypsy said to me the other day that it will be Sauber.

And if not them, then a horoscope I read on my fish and chips wrapper said it was going to be Force India.

And if not them, then this destitue guy that lives down the block and under a bridge told me that it will most certainly be Toro Rosso.

And if not them, then a message from on high (like the tenth story of an apartment block) has declared that Caterham will do it.

And if not them, then a recently discovered message in a bottle has said that it will be Marussia.

And if not them, then a news article in the Huffington Post declared that Hispania Race Team will take the honours for 2013.

And if not them, then maybe, just maybe, with a very slim chance, and a bit of lady luck, then Team Poochie will finish second.

(No correspondence shall be entered into, because, lets face it, the above can't ever be disputed)

Oh puleeze! Haven't you seen the tests? Well, I haven't but I watched Speedracer and almost understood it, so that gives me the authority to tell you this: championship will go to either Pedro de la Rosa in his Ferrari or Sigourney Weaver in her Nostromo.

Maybe both.

:lol: I feel so much more prepared for the F1 season having read that.

I can't get past that monstrosity of a first sentence. I even got a free incorrect use of "disinterested" for calling within 15 minutes.