Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

The Second Test (Nope, Still Not Cricket)

Testing fires up again in a few hours. Maybe I will be awake to watch live timing, maybe I won't. But this thread will have been started....

Alonso testing the F145783202 today. Pat Fry is defending it, saying "no, it ain't Sh#te.....again...."

Bianchi and Sutil are having a face off...er...race off. No bottling allowed.

Hamster and Nico get to drive their car again, and of course are hoping that (a) the brakes work, and ( b ) the car doesn't catch fire...again.

Lotus looks to look fast, McLaren looks to look faster, and Red Bull look to put a bandage over that ugly zit on the nose of their car.

So for now...vrrroooom vrrroooom...

Oh, and how could I forget? Williams will have their new car at the test for the first time too. Woohoo!! This is how they used to do it...

[media=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KeulWo9JSQ][/media]

Can you imagine that this was 32 years ago!!!! Crikey!

Testing fires up again in a few hours. Maybe I will be awake to watch live timing, maybe I won't. But this thread will have been started....

Alonso testing the F14578320298765439876554 today.

you left out a few numbers there... how dare you

Yeah, I got lost, so thought that I would abbreviate it, knowing full well everyone knew what I meant.

Charles Pic first out on track, and thus, clearly, will be the new World Champion!! Go Charles!! Woohoo!!

Alonso sets fastest time of the day so far...

...no small feat when it's just him and Danny Riccardo on the board....and Danny was pushing his car to save on carbon emissions :P

Maldonaldo takes the FW35 to the top of the leaderboard - 1:29 and change.

So far so good for the new car

Pastor goes fastor...

Takes nearly a second off his time in his second stint of the day.

Well, it appears that the Williams is certainly heading in the right direction. 10-seconds up on the rest! OMG!! Shock!! Egads!!!

P Driver Team Time

1 Rosberg Mercedes 1m22.616s

2 Raikkonen Lotus 1m22.623s +0.007

3 Vettel Red Bull 1m22.965s +0.349

4 Alonso Ferrari 1m23.626s +1.010

5 Maldonado Williams 1m23.733s +1.117

6 Ricciardo Toro Rosso 1m23.884s +1.268

7 Perez McLaren 1m24.124s +1.508

8 Di Resta Force India 1m24.144s +1.528

9 Gutierrez Sauber 1m25.124s +2.508

10 Chilton Marussia 1m26.747s +4.131

11 Pic Caterham 1m27.534s +4.918

All timing unofficial. Updated: 15:44 GMT space.gif

So maybe Hamilton's call for more downforce did'nt fall on deaf ears...

Oh farty poops: http://www.gptoday.c...hausts_illegal/

Why does innovation always have to be stamped on? They allow a flexinose on the RBR, but disallow hot air on other cars....poo poo poo poop. And typical that Lotus are calling foul, just beacuse their backwards exhaust didn't work (like never saw that one coming)...

...hang on...isn't it always Ferrari calling foul? I call foul on them not calling foul!!

FFS!!!

Senna!!

This article has better shots of the exhausts http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/442488/Williams_sure_exhaust_outlet_is_legal/

Which leads me to the question, that if reingestion of exhaust gases is not allowed, are they not allowed mufflers? What happens when thre is a 95dBa noise limit at a race track? Oh no, sorry, wait, that's just at decades old established racetracks that people have bought houses next to, knowing full well there is a race track there, and then they complain to the local council that those hooligans in their automobiles are being a tad noisey and they can't hear their Chopin playing on their radios, or their triple shot mocha latte flat white's at the local cafe are disturbed by the noise. Puhlease....FFS!! Senna!!!

It's an infiniti badge. You know, like they hang above baby cots..

Nope...it's Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, Jonah Hill and Richard Aoyade's ball thing from The Watch

217070.jpg

I kid you not....see:

The-Watch-01.jpg

Perez on top by a little margin of 0.35secs over Vettel, then Kimi, then Hamilton, then Alonso.

From watching the time improvements, these five were actually pushing it against each other. Either that or they were just doing similar testing procedures :P

Perez is the NEW World Champion!!! Go Perez Hamilton...yeah you go boy..hmmmm hmmmm...

Noticed that the Sauber had some some extra inlets next to the main inlet behind the drivers head, saw something similar on Lotus too, havent seen any pictures which show if any of the other teams have similar pieces - Guesses as to function ?

17590.jpg

Noticed that the Sauber had some some extra inlets next to the main inlet behind the drivers head, saw something similar on Lotus too, havent seen any pictures which show if any of the other teams have similar pieces - Guesses as to function ?

17590.jpg

And I just noticed , Alonso has competition for "The Eyebrow" award ! Go Esteban !

Will be cooling for KERS or something like that.

McLaren has a similar idea, but on the sidepods (above the main ports).

With turbo coming back next year, then you will see new sidepod design so that it can accommodate cooling for intake to the radiators, and an intake to the turbo. In the last turbo era, this was simply a division vertically in the intake area of the sidepod, but with all the whiz bang computer power they have now, expect something completely different as the teams will not want to go back to big sidepods. (McLarens idea, hint, hint)

217069.jpg