Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BradSpeedMan

The Third And Final Test (Yes, It's Still Not Cricket)

Going through the action that happened today it seems it was just so bloody exciting... Teams were swopping positions constantly (we had the most champions in one day) once they were on slicks...

Day ended like this...

So the first day of the final test ends with the order:

Red Bull

Mercedes

Toro Rosso

Williams

McLaren

Sauber

Force India

Ferrari

Marussia

Caterham

Lotus

Hey Braddles....that's my joke you're using...I have IP rights to that you know!!

:P :P

Red Bull sucks...nur nur...

Vettel sucks...nur nur....

Kimi sucks....nur nur...

Vacuums suck...nur nur...

From our "friend" over at the bbc

BBC F1 technical analyst Gary Anderson in Barcelona:

"The Red Bull looks well balanced with lots of grip. The McLaren and Sauber have understeer (a lack of front grip) and the Lotus is well balanced but not as planted as the Red Bull. The Ferrari lacks rear grip. It really has no traction in the wet."

Bianchi has been confirmed at Marussia. Razia has been axed.

Is this where I make a terrible Be-yankee joke, implying that there is now a U.S. American on the grid? Or should I stop myself? Please advise.

From our "friend" over at the bbc

BBC F1 technical analyst Gary Anderson in Barcelona:

"The Red Bull looks well balanced with lots of grip. The McLaren and Sauber have understeer (a lack of front grip) and the Lotus is well balanced but not as planted as the Red Bull. The Ferrari lacks rear grip. It really has no traction in the wet."

Gary Anderson stating the obvious in regards to driving in the wet.

Perhaps instead of saying understeer, he should say that both drivers are turning in too tight on the corners.

Does he forget that drivers induce understeer, especially in the wet (or if it's their natural style)???

Bianchi has been confirmed at Marussia. Razia has been axed.

I feel.......

....non-commital about it all.

I feel.......

....non-commital about it all.

That's it! I'll unfollow you on twitter now!

FFS!

I'm glad for Bianchi. At least he finally gets a chance. Hopefully the Marussia is an improvement on the last three cars and we get to see what he is capable of. I certainly look forward to him humiliating Chilton.

But poor Razia. That has to go down as the shortest time that anybody has ever been an F1 driver.

I'm glad for Bianchi. At least he finally gets a chance. Hopefully the Marussia is an improvement on the last three cars and we get to see what he is capable of. I certainly look forward to him humiliating Chilton.

But poor Razia. That has to go down as the shortest time that anybody has ever been an F1 driver.

From Wikipedia's article on Razia (hurry up to check the original before it's edited):

Razia was set to make his competitive debut at the 2013 Australian Grand Prix, driving for Marussia, however his skill level was revealed and swifty Murussia moved to terminate his contract he was replaced by Jules Bianchi.[11] Razia has vowed to murder that Fenchie and reclaim his prize.

loljump.gif

As for the shortest time the honors still belong to Mario Apicella, imho. Mario drove his car for 800 meters at Monza in 1993 before binning his Jordan, never to be seen again in F1. Unlike Razia, Mario was not test driver before and, again unlike Razia, he actually made it to an F1 race. So he drove less time but "more officially" than Luiz.

By the way, the other Jordan driver was a certain Rubens Barrichello, who retired on that same crash...

Gary Anderson stating the obvious in regards to driving in the wet.

Perhaps instead of saying understeer, he should say that both drivers are turning in too tight on the corners.

Does he forget that drivers induce understeer, especially in the wet (or if it's their natural style)???

Craig my friend, what are you talking aboutwhistling.gif

ok, so Kimi up for some testing..nothing else matters now, well maybe except Vettel might blitz the field come the Aussie qualifying, which would be just dandy (bar Lawyers interruptions)

Nothing else matters folks

Craig my friend, what are you talking aboutwhistling.gif

Let me explain:

How often have you heard a driver say "it's got understeer on the way in, and oversteer on the way out. The car is useless"

Chances are, the driver is useless.

If you are travelling too fast as you enter a corner, then you will have understeer as the front tyres are past their slip angle, and have no grip. Thus the car tends to continue in an ever widening arc.

The drivers first reaction, as it is for anyone with understeer, is to turn in even more. Of course this exaaggerates the problem, until such time that the car slows enough through the corner for the front tyres to slow enough and gain some grip.

And then, because they get get, and the car, with wheels now pointing tighter than one would want, makes the back end lose grip, and the rear of the car steps out. This is oversteer.

So, the problem is not actually the car. The problem is the driver.

If you enter the corner at the right speed, one that is fast enough to maintain the quickest arc through the corner and maintains the tyres just inside their slip angle, then you will 1) maintain grip 2) have faster exit speed 3) won't have understeer in, and oversteer out and 4) realise it wasn't the car, but you, you noddy driver, you.

ok, so Kimi up for some testing..nothing else matters now, well maybe except Vettel might blitz the field come the Aussie qualifying, which would be just dandy (bar Lawyers interruptions)

Nothing else matters folks

Except when Kimi has a hangover and can't test. He's pulled out.

Except when Kimi has a hangover and can't test. He's pulled out.

Would be interesting to see the total laps covered by drivers. I have a feeling Kimi has the least by a fair amount, first due to Lotus' unreliability during the first two days of the previous test, and now this food poisoning. Here's hoping he gets some mileage tomorrow so that he's not completely unprepared come Melbourne. Ironically, while almost all the other teams changed the days for the drivers so that each would have a dry day to test, apparently Lotus kept Kimi for the last two dry days and Romain for the rainy days exactly for the reason that Kimi hadn't had as much driving time yet as Romain had. Now he loses even more.

We had Gary Anderson doing F1 commentary up till 2011, and apart from an overuse of the words "sort of", the conclusions he comes up with are quite obvious to those observant enough. What i mean is that he calls it as he sees it. Now, that doesn't make his observation wrong, but it gets tiresome after a bit.

And when you realise that he's the numpty who designed the Jag F1 car without a wind tunnel, it becomes obvious why he has found second wind in broadcasting rather than a team position

and Kimi is sidelined with ANOTHER gearbox problem, the car seems pretty unreliable. Well, looks like I'm going to have to support Vettel for his fourth title....