Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JHS18

Sports Car Racing Thread

ADR-Delta returns to the race.

Toyota going very fast.

Signatech catching Starworks for second.

Rossiter very fatigued after being double-stinted in the 32. Liuzzi relieving.

AF Corse 71 gets third in class over the Felbermayr 77 in turn one.

Potolicchio is very slow and causing a huge cluster of cars.

As the track cools, the Audis are gaining time.

The #2 Audi had a rear brake issue that set it back, but Kristensen just got by Rebellion's 12 for third overall.

10 minutes left at Donington. Parente's McLaren closing in on Kox in the Gallardo for the final step on the podium, but it looks like nothing else is likely to change there.

trhOo.png

pnmMv.png

EDWZt.png

ch3Il.png

Great battle for third. Parente had a wicked overtake on Kox, and while Kox fought back, that McLaren is just so fast.

McLaren won the GT1 race.

Larbre back ahead of Krohn for the GTE-Am second place.

p1tls.png

Lotterer is the fastest on the track in the #1 Audi.

Rugolo dives on Rees, Rees runs wide, the Krohn Ferrari is back in second!

rhZ3e.png

Looks like Larbre had a puncture or a steering issue.

Audi gaining on Toyota now. This could get very interesting. Wurz and Lotterer in the cars for those wondering.

22.5 second lead...it was 27...Audi is flying in the cool conditions.

Stewards will investigate Krohn/Larbre. The angle I saw made it impossible to tell if there was contact, but it's possible Rugolo hit him in the right front and cut the tire.

Aston Martin's exhaust is dragging and sending out some sparks. They are the GTE-Pro leaders right now so that's big and now they are in the pits. They've already fallen to second to...someone...was it AF Corse?

Great day for Lotus, the 32 leading with Liuzzi driving.

Toyota's lead is down to 19.8 seconds. Transponder issues are ruining the timing banner on the feed.

Starworks got back around Signatech, but is fourth behind Lotus, PeCom, and OAK.

Aston Martin looks to be fourth now after the pit stop. I think AF Corse is 1-2 with the 51 and 71?

Two hours in and Toyota only have 17.9 seconds on Audi.

OAK pit, Starworks to third.

But then Signatech #26 gets third on Starworks. Potolicchio has seemingly been in the 44 forever...

OAK going into the garage now. Hmm...

Steering rack repairs on the OAK #24.

The AF Corse #71 is leading GTE-Pro over the Felbermayr #77. The favorites, the #51 and the #97, are third and fourth. Not sure why the #51 lost two spots.

Toyota's lead? 16.3 seconds. I like Audi's chances as night takes over.

Felbermayr #88 takes the GTE-Pro class lead as Krohn #57 goes into the garage. A lot of attrition today for prominent vehicles.

AF-Waltrip #61 still getting unfathomably good fuel consumption.

But now the #88 pits...

Toyota's lead dipped to 12 seconds, but is now back up to 16 as they weave through traffic. A good battle is being set up for the overall lead. I'll be back soon to continue talking to myself. Enjoying this race a lot.

Toyota had some sort of issue and now trail by many laps in fifth, moving Rebellion onto the podium behind the two Audis. Rough break, but that's endurance racing.

Looks like Starworks have the P2 lead over PeCom and Lotus, but Lotus have the amateur (Kevin Weeda) in the car right now, so there may be a recovery for them when Rossiter/Liuzzi return.

I also think Toyota will cycle through to third when pit stops finish, but 4 laps behind Audi which seems very, very, very difficult to make up now. Still, the Toyota/Audi rivalry is really turning into something great.

Ah, so it's the illumination panel that set Toyota back. Wow. Having your race thrown away by a number that won't light up is quite unlucky. But the rules are the rules and they had to be enforced, so good for the FIA for doing that.

Starworks in as the #29 LMP2 stops on one of the straights...

Nose change doesn't resolve it. Race control says both must be on. Car #2 is about to get policed, which could put the Toyota in second (but still far off the #1).

Audi going to put the original nose on the #2 car...

Danny Watts and Strakka set fastest lap of the race with their HPD. Fourth place, looking for third with Audi's headlight issue.

Audi retain P2, both lights on.

Toyota and Strakka made contact, Toyota out.

LMP2 class leader Starworks had a huge problem. They are now three laps behind PeCom in class.

Wow, totally forgot about this today.

For some strange reason I was sure it was tomorrow and not today. Damn.

Thanks for the updates and screen shots Eric, I've I'd have known, I'd have been here too.

The Toyota out? With accident damage I presume? Can't imagine it is very easy to come into contact with a barrier at Bahrain...

Yeah, the Toyota must have had enough damage from hitting the HPD. It didn't hit any barriers, but was beached out there. It didn't look like that hard of a hit to me.

You didn't miss a ton. The first two hours were pretty thrilling, but after that, the race lost a lot of momentum with Toyota falling 4 laps behind due to the illumination panel issue. Definitely some attrition, though, to jumble the results.

I've definitely warmed up to the WEC, partly because I'm forcing myself to, well aware that this is it. I'm in a bizarre world where the racing I watch on TV isn't live, and the racing I watch live isn't on TV. :P

New calendar is expected to reduce WEC travel costs by 50%. Also, the ELMS will be relaunched with details soon.

http://www.dailyspor...197A2368D2EE743

Another piece of news:

Grand-Am and ALMS will share a weekend at Road Atlanta in April next year which means...no Petit Le Mans...thanks, NASCAR, for shafting us already. Couldn't have just let the ALMS die peacefully...had to screw up 2013, too...