Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Massa

Malaysian Grand Prix

Entertaining race.

Interesting that the 2 teams that complained about Pirelli captured the top 4 places.

Seems to be a lot of tension brewing between the drivers in both teams.

Mixed bag from Massa. Horrendous start, did ok to finish 5th.

Bad day for Lotus. Expected them to do better in warm conditions.

Credit where it's due: Hamilton was completely honest about Rosberg, saying he felt that Nico should have been there. Great gesture from Lewis.

Wow, Hamilton unhappy that Rosberg wasn't allowed to race him. Says the latter deserved the podium, not him.

ESPNF1: Webber said the engines were turned down when Vettel passed him.

Funny. Expected the race to be unpredictable. The manouvering shenanigans spoiled the end a bit. As even the blind could see, nobody up the podium was happy

And Rosberg was very sportsmanlike too, saying that it was a big deal from the team so he understood their motives. But he still wants to take it down to the wire in the future!

Lotus messed up the tyre strategy, 4 was better than three after all*. But even so Grosjean was much more inspired than Kimi today.

Agree about Alonso's call, he'll learn from the mistake.

*4 stops, guys, we all saw what happened to Button on 3 tyres :P

Best part of the race: watching Horner trying to keep a smile on his face during the podium interviews.

Best part of the race: watching Horner trying to keep a smile on his face during the podium interviews.

Or the gestures in the pit when Vet-Web and Ham-Ros battles were on XDD

"Apologies to Mark and now result is there, but all I can say is that I didn't do it deliberately."

Worst apology ever.

Aaah, everyone has to go through a Hamilton moment. I never thought I'd hear "This is silly" addressed to an F1 driver. The standard's gone to hell... Plus, how stupid can you get? He had to give one concession to Mark to keep him in good spirits and as a nice number 2. But Vettel can't manage to lose even the second race in the season...

I'm glad Vettel ignored team orders. It would have been a very boring end to that race otherwise with the two Red Bulls and two Mercedes not being allowed to pass each other.

He's a racing driver and went for it. He wanted to win more than he wanted to finish second. I like that.

Good stuff.

I wonder how it will be at Ferrari for the rest of the season.. Felipe is ahead of Alonso by 4 points (last year the difference between WDC and runner up was 3pts) so by default, Felipe is Ferrari's no.1 driver now. Felipe has also outqualified Alonso over the past 4 races. Next we will probably see Alonso having ice-cream in the Sepang paddock after exiting the race. Coincidence?!?!

It's true I tell you!!!

Prost!!!

FFS!!!

I sure found this interesting reading. From Silverstone, 2011.

The Australian said he had received "probably four or five" messages from the team asking him not to attack Vettel, but declined to follow them.

Asked how he felt about the team orders, Webber replied: "I am not fine with it, no. That is the answer to that.

"If Fernando [Alonso] retires on the last lap, we are fighting for the win.

"Of course I ignored the team because I wanted to try and get a place. Seb was doing his best, I was doing my best. I wasn't going to crash with anyone.

"I try to do my best with the amount of one way conversation I was having - I was trying to do my best to pass the guy in front."

Big day uh?

- Felipe is such a great second driver he manages to stay behind even when Alonso isn't there, just for safety.

- WEBBER READ OUR POSTS ABOUT HIS STARTS AND DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT. YOU'RE WELCOME.

- Lewis clearly misses McLaren.

- Rosberg just found out he's not the number one driver.

- Maldonado sucks.

- Perez managed to finish ahead of Button!!!! oh... wait...

- Force India #fail HOW MANY TIMES THEY'D HAVE TO PIT UNTIL THEY REALISE IT'S NOT GONNA WORK??

- Mark's 'I'm not talking to you' feeling was awesome.

- What did Kimi drink last night??

On the other hand, Hulkenberg was quite impressive today.

I sure found this interesting reading. From Silverstone, 2011.

That's interesting. Was Vettel also asked to cruise that race? If yes, then Mark has no valid reason to feel robbed today.

Big day uh?

- Felipe is such a great second driver he manages to stay behind even when Alonso isn't there, just for safety.

- WEBBER READ OUR POSTS ABOUT HIS STARTS AND DID SOMETHING ABOUT IT. YOU'RE WELCOME.

- Lewis clearly misses McLaren.

- Rosberg just found out he's not the number one driver.

- Maldonado sucks.

- Perez managed to finish ahead of Button!!!! oh... wait...

- Force India #fail HOW MANY TIMES THEY'D HAVE TO PIT UNTIL THEY REALISE IT'S NOT GONNA WORK??

- Mark's 'I'm not talking to you' feeling was awesome.

- What did Kimi drink last night??

On the other hand, Hulkenberg was quite impressive today.

Perfect summary :lol:

Same as last race... Alonso's call... gotta take the good with the bad I guess

Yes, this time the gamble didn't pay off.

Ferrari says we both were wrong. But it's so much sweeter because YOU are wrong! :P

Ahhh, had such high hopes for a good Kimi result. Instead was entertained only by the intra team tussles of RBR and Mercedes.

Now I will say that at times I've been ok with team orders. But only in a case where the other team member is completely out of the running. At that point I am ok with things. I'm not ok with having a team member being told to stay put behind their slower teammate on race 2 of 19 however.

As for Webber, he got what he deserved. He didn't follow team orders in Brazil last year and did everything he could to wreck Vettels drive. So he got a dose of his own medicine today I think. Webber is not an innocent, so don't be fooled. As much as people have a go at Massa and Rubens for being the #2 lackeys, at least they played the part and actually took one for the team. As much as I loathe Ferrari (only supported them when Kimi was driving for them, so putting my partial bias in full view), you wouldn't see their drivers acting like that on the podium. I should have stayed internal Mark! And really what did you expect. Vettel has delivered the goods 3x over. Yes you had a chance some years back, but were not consistent enough. I don't know why RBR keep this guy around. Have you ever seen a more douer sad sack such as him. When does he ever smile or look happy or look like he wants to actually be in F1. What to speak of actually supporting Vettel when he was himself not in the running anymore. Flavio is terrible choice for a manager. He should be in Ferrari right now. Yes I know the irony, he'll still be a #2, but he won't be getting away with pulling his usual moan and throw the toys out of the pram routine.

As for Nico, that was weird wasn't it. He was clearly faster than Hamilton. And Brundle was right on the money. He reasoning was there was something in Hamiltons contract to give him the #1 status. But why did Nico have to pay for Hamilton's poor fuel economy? Personally I think Nico should get out of Merc as soon as possible. Possibly to Lotus or McLaren. Once they get ontop of their car, we'll see Perez still coming in 12th.

Anyhoo, cherios to the oldies on here.

Credit where it's due: Hamilton was completely honest about Rosberg, saying he felt that Nico should have been there. Great gesture from Lewis.

That reminded me of Schumi pulling Rubens up to top step however from Indy or was it Austria, it's been awhile.

Let's put it this way, if Hamilton was that honest and feeling Nico should have been there, why did he repass Nico in the closing laps after Nico had already passed him. Sounds like he's attempting to show some humility, when his actions show he wanted the place regardless.

The thing with Red Bull is that they do not want to take a position, so they keep telling mark there is no number one and promising him things they can't give him. he is a quite good second driver and he keeps the points coming, so they don't want rid of him for now. The problem is that this has happened quite a few times and it will happen a lot more, because both drivers want to win the races and they will keep on wanting to steal points off each other (what does not occur at Ferrari, as Felipe knows exactly what he is there for). Mark has spent four years being overshadowed by Sebastian and everybody knows your teammate is the first person you should beat to prove your talent. There is NO WAY Mark would've let Sebastian keep his position if it was the other way around.

But what RBR doesn't see is that, by letting this happen over and over again instead o taking a position or having an honest talk with them, is that Sebastian is being seen as the bad guy, and Mark is the victim. It's been so for awhile now and it'll only get worse, which isn't good for their own image, as Sebastian is sort of the 'face' of Red Bull at the moment. He has already to cope with the ones who started to dislike him for winning all the time (in a sort of a Schumacher thing), and letting Mark openly act like a victim will make things way worse.

As for Lewis, he said what he had to say. We'll never know if it was true or not, but that was what he had to say at the moment. They didn't want another RBR situation going on. Lewis knows he is likely to be (or he is) their first driver, and there is no point in showing off on the podium and sounding arrogant. He already got his position and he's up there, not Nico. What he said doesn't change the results, just makes his image sound better. He was in the middle of two drivers who clearly weren't fine, and weren't talking to each other, live on TV, and all he wanted was to be away from that .